Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Increased cap or not the economics of spending 400-800 on a right back in MLS simply aren’t there. I’d have no issues with starting next year with Beitashour and Hassler.

Use that money on something else. The team’s tangible sense of frustration with Ricketts positional play at times and his lack of a cultured skill set suggests to me he should be further down the depth chart ... and strikers aren’t cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Increased cap or not the economics of spending 400-800 on a right back in MLS simply aren’t there. I’d have no issues with starting next year with Beitashour and Hassler.

Use that money on something else. The team’s tangible sense of frustration with Ricketts positional play at times and his lack of a cultured skill set suggests to me he should be further down the depth chart ... and strikers aren’t cheap.
    The economics of spending 400k+ on a wide player is not smart in MLS but in order to compete with Liga MX I think it's something that needs to be accepted.

That being said it looks like the FO are very high on Beita and Hasler doesn't look like he's going anywhere either, so I doubt we'll see any improvement there this off-season if Beita is re-signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we pick up a striker and keep Ricketts that pushes Hamilton down to where Spencer is right now on the depth chart. We'll need to find somewhere for Hamilton to get decent minutes next season in MLS. His growth will get stunted playing TFC II minutes only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I worry if Osorio is seen as a starter. He can’t keep possession and routinely makes the wrong decision when it comes to shoot or pass. I’m fine with him being a bench option but I think we need a better quality as a starter. In fact if we’re being harsh about this (and winning teams usually are) the same would go for Delgado and Chapman, the later possibly being trade bait
    That’s just not true, and he was the best player on the pitch in the first half on Saturday. For some reason when he makes a mistake he is terrible, but when seba or Bradley of Delgado do, it is forgotten. He has huge upside if he gains mental strength, and it looks like he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted this in another thread earlier today but thought it would make more sense in here.

Before I say this, I want people to know that I am nitpicking, and we are the class of MLS, with our next goal being the best team in North America.

The part that sucks about Edwards leaving is that he probably would have gotten close 20 games this season with all that’s going on. That’s not including Morrow getting hurt. He was the perfect backup LWB with him slowly growing into a starter in the future. And he’s Canadian a top of that.

Again I’m being nitpicky, but I would have left Zavaleta unprotected. Of the 4 CB we were rotating (not including Hernandez here) in my opinion, he’s the worst of the 4. I will always remember the series against Montreal last year, where Piatti literally made him his bitch. Even though his passing has gotten better, it’s still mediocre. He good in the air, which I’ll give him, but his one on one defending isn’t up to par. When he’s not being focused on, he’s solid in the 3. But when teams get him isolated, they run at him and he gets exposed. I know for fact. I know someone personally that plays on the impact, and he told that the game they won 5-3 at BMO, there game plan was to attack Zavaleta’s side (Go look at the tape, it’s true).

With all the money TFC is getting this year to spend, I would have liked them to upgrade on him for champions league, and protect Edwards. My 2 cents anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we are 2 players away from winning a MLS cup

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like we're due for a good player on loan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.waki...-news-besiktas

This article from September from waking the red suggest tfc put an offer in the summer for Hutchinson for 1.5 M but was turned down. Also his contract runs out in June of 2018. I definitely could see tfc luring him here for 1.5 years. Hes a machine and for sure has enough in the tank. Don't look at his age. Would be perfect compliment for Bradley and vazquez. All depends if we find a defensive mid this winter off-season or not or if we can lure him from besiktas should they get kicked out of champs league and still offer them money instead of a free transfer in thè summer .

Also does anyone know the length of junior hoiletts current contract with his club ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer my own question transfermarket says his contract is up in June 2018. The most we could offer him is 1.5m in TAM plus maybe some under the table stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...ampaign=unpaid

Basically says our priority should be to keep the squad together. For me adding two Mavinga/Vasquez quality players would help give us a chance to win CONCACAF.
    Beitashour has a long history playing with Morrrow...I'd keep that together. I'm not convinced that Hasler has done enough to bump Beita yet.
    Against the top Mexican teams away - having two Defensive Midfielders might be necessary. Cheroux 2 likely needed.
    I think Haglund can make the step up next season and play more regularly.
    I'd be loaning out Chapman, Hamilton, and Endoh to a European team in January for 4 months.
    Mavinga has been a huge win for the team - signing him up long term should be a priority.
    Irwin should probably traded to be fair to him and a back-up to Bono signed.
    We are in a very privileged position where there is no urgency to sign players...only ones that improve the team in a tangible way should be considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it for sure we can keep Beita? Does anyone know if he's looking to explore the market?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard any official news of Cheyrou retiring. Although he is older now, pace was never part of his game. I'd love to see him back under a similar cheap contract for midfield depth if hes fit, he still has class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    I haven't heard any official news of Cheyrou retiring. Although he is older now, pace was never part of his game. I'd love to see him back under a similar cheap contract for midfield depth if hes fit, he still has class.
    I agree, then hopefully on to coaching in the TFC organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have been wondering about what MLSE will let Manning do here. TAM is not cash. We already have the highest payroll in the league. There are going to be teams (Atlanta is the glaring example) that have 7-8 guys making 1.0 M or 1.5M....

Unless MLSE are willing to take the payroll north of $25M, our 5th, 6th, 7th players, who were so awesome this year, could suddenly look ordinary, or even be overmatched.

As inconceivable/awful as it may seem, I wonder if Manning/Bez are thinking about moving one of the DPs by next summer, to free up cash to get better balance.
    You have an extremely strong point here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

This!
    With all what Ricketts has done for the team, and has been clutch in some memorable moments, he has no business to ever be a starter on this team.
    He should only play maximum 25-30 minutes as a sub.

His talent and skill-set is just not on par for starting in such a good team.
    Let's be realistic about this...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-14-2017 at 03:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.waki...-news-besiktas

This article from September from waking the red suggest tfc put an offer in the summer for Hutchinson for 1.5 M but was turned down. Also his contract runs out in June of 2018. I definitely could see tfc luring him here for 1.5 years. Hes a machine and for sure has enough in the tank. Don't look at his age. Would be perfect compliment for Bradley and vazquez. All depends if we find a defensive mid this winter off-season or not or if we can lure him from besiktas should they get kicked out of champs league and still offer them money instead of a free transfer in thè summer .

Also does anyone know the length of junior hoiletts current contract with his club ?
    To add more fuel this fire

Zambrano said that earlier this year, Hutchinson told him that he was planning to play his final game for Canada.

“I know that when I spoke to Atiba he was feeling down, he was going through an injury, he wasn’t sure if Besiktas was going to extend his contract. But they did… I talked him out of it. I said ‘don’t make a decision you don’t have to make.’ You can still give Canada some precious moments in soccer. You can help this country achieve some milestones. You can be part of us making it for 2022.

“I know that he wants to come back to Canada, to play for one of the teams in MLS. But the way he’s playing now, I think it serves us better for him to keep playing in Europe, so we can continue to enjoy watching him play there.

And Zambrano said that the new advanced statistic measures only add proof to Hutchinson’s value.
    Source: https://the11.ca/zambrano-says-major...gram-for-2018/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if we could look within the league to sign a decent 3rd striker, if we're looking to spend TAM there are players out there

Cubo Torres is surplus to requirements in Houston, had 650k guaranteed this past year, wouldn't be unrealistic to trade a bit of TAM/GAM for him and reduce the trade cost by letting Houston take a cut of a future transfer fee, and then pay him down to a reasonable hit

Wondo could be realistic also, put up 13g/8a last season but is older now which would help lower the acquisition cost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think we are 2 players away from winning a MLS cup
    No joke man, but I'm thinking the same.

With all the massive retooling all teams will make this offseason and in the next summer transfer window, we do need 2 very good signings to be again that good compared to the rest of MLS like we were this year.

But even then I think we can forget by winning the supporters shield by such a big margin, will be a lot more close.

One of those 2 must be a forward!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-14-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I don't know ... he's 34. Is that a road we want to be going down?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cubo Torres has issues maintaining a training regime. That's a for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The economics of spending 400k+ on a wide player is not smart in MLS but in order to compete with Liga MX I think it's something that needs to be accepted.

That being said it looks like the FO are very high on Beita and Hasler doesn't look like he's going anywhere either, so I doubt we'll see any improvement there this off-season if Beita is re-signed.
    Can’t agree with this. Proportionately, there are all sorts of other areas you’d spend that money first to be more productive, even if the purpose is completing with Liga MX.

Edit: putting it all into context, we do not yet spend that sort of money on CB’s, midfielders not named Bradley or Vasquez, heck- even Morrow doesn’t reach that bracket. In addition to a third striker, those would all be areas that money would go first.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-14-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If we pick up a striker and keep Ricketts that pushes Hamilton down to where Spencer is right now on the depth chart. We'll need to find somewhere for Hamilton to get decent minutes next season in MLS. His growth will get stunted playing TFC II minutes only.
    I am surprised he not moved himself on by now to get playing time. A confident ambitious player would not want to warm benches for this long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arent we going to need a canadian to replace edwards for the voys cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Is it for sure we can keep Beita? Does anyone know if he's looking to explore the market?
    Source tells me that Toronto are likely to bring back free agent Drew Moor. Things not quite as rosy with fellow FA Steven Beitashour, however. Told TFC want him back, but cap considerations could keep it from happening.

Apparently he wants to stay, Sam Stejskal says we might not be able to afford to bring him back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    Source tells me that Toronto are likely to bring back free agent Drew Moor. Things not quite as rosy with fellow FA Steven Beitashour, however. Told TFC want him back, but cap considerations could keep it from happening.

Apparently he wants to stay, Sam Stejskal says we might not be able to afford to bring him back
    Hmm. Well, if Benoit retires, that would free up some space. But yeah, who knows how much room they have left and how much of a raise Beita would want.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eight players today had the option on their 2018 contract declined, essentially meaning they have been released by the team.
    Armando Cooper would be the biggest name of the eight. Cheyrou was also among them but his retirement is expected. Endoh, Alseth, Pais, Spencer, Aubrey and Camargo round out the rest.

https://www.torontofc.ca/transaction-tracker

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if they might be looking at getting another starting-calibre Winger-Forward that would give Vanney the flexibility to play a 4-3-3 formation if the situation warrants it. To be able to fluidly switch formations in the middle of games has been one of the methods Vanney has used to get points this past season. Not knowing if a team is going to come out in a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3 would give most scouts conniptions, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s a hypothetical question for you guys. If Ciman refuses go to LAFC, if you were Toronto, would you go after him? He might be ok with living in Toronto, and seeing his daughter a couple times a week, if she stays in Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just like that, half our international slots are open without losing any key players. Things are going to get interesting this winter I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Eight players today had the option on their 2018 contract declined, essentially meaning they have been released by the team.
    Armando Cooper would be the biggest name of the eight. Cheyrou was also among them but his retirement is expected. Endoh, Alseth, Pais, Spencer, Aubrey and Camargo round out the rest.

https://www.torontofc.ca/transaction-tracker
    Not sure if having your contract option declined is quite the same as "being released by team". Depends on the contract. If you were playing on a very low end contract, you might hope that a training camp invite means a second chance or you might be looking for somewhere else to play.
    A higher contract player, say Cooper or Endoh might be negotiating a smaller contract hoping to stay with the team. Agree that Cheyrou had already agreed to come back for a minimal salary. Coaching future?