Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be cool with summer additions if it weren't for the fact that our most important games of the season might be in March and April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I would be cool with summer additions if it weren't for the fact that our most important games of the season might be in March and April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Has anyone seen Liam Fraser play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    Has anyone seen Liam Fraser play?
    Think Cheyrou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I can agree with this but without at least replacing players we lost this offseason we go into this coming season a worse team
    If your're not getting better you're getting worse. i.e.: Blue Jays from 2015 to 2017. They have done nothing and they have imploded.

I'd say RB and another midfielder is required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    If your're not getting better you're getting worse. i.e.: Blue Jays from 2015 to 2017. They have done nothing and they have imploded.

I'd say RB and another midfielder is required.
    That happens when your old GM leaves an overpaid aging core and an empty farm system and management doesn't supply more money. Last year the Jays had 120 million payroll and 60 million tied up in tulo, Martin, Bautista, all on the wrong side of their curve.

Bez has an affordable team in their prime with cheaper young guys ready to fill bigger roles (ie. Chapman, Hagglund, Fraser, Delgado) in the future. We're in a good place to be win now and beyond (sustainable) unlike where the jays were who were in a win now but not later place.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-18-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Fix typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uri Rosell (former KC player) is coming back to MLS. Club isn't mentioned yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    That happens when your old GM leaves an overpaid aging core and an empty farm system and management doesn't supply more money. Last year the Jays had 120 million payroll and 60 million tied up in tulo, Martin, Bautista, all on the wrong side of their curve.

Bez has an affordable team in their prime with cheaper young guys ready to fill bigger roles (ie. Chapman, Hagglund, Fraser, Delgado) in the future. We're in a good place to be win now and beyond (sustainable) unlike where the jays were who were in a win now but not later place.
    The roster as it stands is worse than when we won MLS Cup. Additions are needed, most pressingly at fullback/wing where the only 3 on the roster are Morrow, Morgan and Hasler.

There is no argument that can say standing pat would be good for this roster right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrasso would have been nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/status/954191670073053184

Whatever this means...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Reds have had scouts on the ground in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Netherlands, Turkey, France and Denmark this off-season. The club’s wish list includes a right-sided attacking player."

From this (http://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/im-working-my-tail-off-tfc-gm-bezbatchenko-wants-championships-not-headlines) Kurt Larson article.
    Basically if we see a general rumour with an unmentioned MLS club and it includes a player not from one of those countries above, safe to say it's not about us or is bogus (see Rigoni link above).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Goal.Com*"Juventus legend Claudio Marchisio is considering a move to MLS this summer, according to TuttoSport .

The midfielder turns 32 this month and reportedly wants a move similar to the one made by former teammate Andrea Pirlo. "

I pray Marchisio comes to Toronto imagine the chem with giovinco we would be world class competitors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea.... No thanks to Marchiso.

That's not a position worth spending tam money on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The roster as it stands is worse than when we won MLS Cup. Additions are needed, most pressingly at fullback/wing where the only 3 on the roster are Morrow, Morgan and Hasler.

There is no argument that can say standing pat would be good for this roster right now.
    They're not standing pat, leaks just don't come from the front office. We have 16 players signed, we're obviously not going to stay with that. What have we lost from last year, a backup left back, a backup/starter in Beita (Hasler being the other backup/starter), and the 2nd midfielder off the bench (Cooper). Vasquez last year was under consideration for a year and we never heard a peep. Bez definitely has multiple moves lined up that we don't know about. I'm not concerned, I trust him. Just have to be patient.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year Mavinga & Vasquez were brought in late January & February.

This braintrust has earned some patience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timing:

Mavinga-type signing. There are always a couple of guys available in January from places where teams have not paid their players. M'Vila would have been nice, but he went back to France because a decent team there wanted him. But these happen year round - Ricketts was one too, but in the summer.

Vazquez-type signing. VV coming in February was an anomaly. Most Vazquez-type signings (ie that level of quality) happen in the summer.

We are most likely to spend the TAM in the summer.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-19-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Hmmm.... I like Fraser - he's boss.

But, and i say a big but. I seen them do this with Manella.
    Manella is gone, he's with Vaughn Azurri now. Option declined after 2016 season.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Hmmm.... I like Fraser - he's boss.

But, and i say a big but. I seen them do this with Manella.
    The Mannella signing was always problematic because he was signed before the formation of TFC II. After that, he was displaced by a 17 year old Fraser at the DM spot and forced into a box-to-box mid position to get game time.

Fraser is much better. He's not athletic but smart, has a good first touch, clean on the ball, good passing range. He had the most passes in the U17 CONCACAF tournament. Most of my memories of Mannella was him turning the ball over in his own half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this talk about 3-4 weeks for a signing or waiting till summer for a TAM move....

Bez has seen Tigres roster, right?

Are they really serious about CCL?
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-19-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    *Goal.Com*"Juventus legend Claudio Marchisio is considering a move to MLS this summer, according to TuttoSport .

The midfielder turns 32 this month and reportedly wants a move similar to the one made by former teammate Andrea Pirlo. "

I pray Marchisio comes to Toronto imagine the chem with giovinco we would be world class competitors
    Being a Juve fan, I love "Il Principe".
    But its been 2 years now that he has been full of injuries.
    He has literally been unable to play 3 weeks in a row in this span, and was just a couple of days ago declared out for another 4 weeks minimum.

As a fan of the player it would be great to see him in our shirt....as a fan of TFC, not so much.

As far as the roster goes, I'm not worried much.
    Hasler will take over for Beita, Oso/Delgado is first off the bench now instead of Cooper, and Morgan can sub for Morrow in the time being.
    We're talking about bringing in players to be subs now, there's no glaring holes in the roster.
    Bez has built an All-time greatest MLS team making smart, measured acquisitions.....let's allow him to continue doing that.
    There's absolutely no need to bring in a player now, just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 01-19-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/7rj6dv/rmls_roast_of_limpact_de_montr%C3%A9al_723/

Head over to reddit if you want to have some fun today. Around 10:30 will begin the roast of the Montreal Impact.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 01-19-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Galindo@GalindoPWFollow
    @GalindoPW

More

Genoa midfielder Luca Rigoni linked to #IMFC & #TFC. Just a rumour at this point, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Uri Rosell (former KC player) is coming back to MLS. Club isn't mentioned yet.
    That would be a good midfield addition. Not sure if budget works. Too good for a low salary, not good enough for TAM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    He has literally been unable to play 3 weeks in a row in this span, and was just a couple of days ago declared out for another 4 weeks minimum.

As a fan of the player it would be great to see him in our shirt....as a fan of TFC, not so much.

Hasler will take over for Beita, Oso/Delgado is first off the bench now instead of Cooper, and Morgan can sub for Morrow in the time being.
    We're talking about bringing in players to be subs now, there's no glaring holes in the roster.
    Bez has built an All-time greatest MLS team making smart, measured acquisitions.....let's allow him to continue doing that.
    Juventino as well! but Marchisio stated if Alegri stays he will want to leave to get playing time. If Alegri leaves Marchisio wants to prove himself to Juve again and show be can play. I understand hes injury prone but maybe mls will be more suited for marchisio, less strain on the body, less injury prone compared to Serie A. Im sure i dont need to get into the quality of Mls vs Serie A im sure you get it. Hence why im saying i feel Marchisio can provide a huge impact to any Mls team hopefully tfc.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well said, cant lie would love to see another Juvetino in the Red Jersey. But Marchisio is just injury prone now a days. I think hes looking for a move to MLS for big bucks like Pirlo or Bastian, and toronto isn't going to offer that

Righ Side defensively we are lacking for now. Hasler can take over Beita as an attacking mindset but not defensively or playmaking. Will be interesting what will unfold from now till end of this month.

We will need players because we will have a heavy schedule if we are thinking Concacaf CL, if we aren't than we shall be fine till the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post

Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Juventino as well! but Marchisio stated if Alegri stays he will want to leave to get playing time. If Alegri leaves Marchisio wants to prove himself to Juve again and show be can play. I understand hes injury prone but maybe mls will be more suited for marchisio, less strain on the body, less injury prone compared to Serie A. Im sure i dont need to get into the quality of Mls vs Serie A im sure you get it. Hence why im saying i feel Marchisio can provide a huge impact to any Mls team hopefully tfc.
    Yeah, I can understand that from Marchisio's perspective.
    lol...the difference in quality needs no explanation for sure, but my main concern would be that since he is already injury prone, I don't see how moving to a very physical league like MLS can be any good for him..
    I'd love to see it work out, but I have a hard time believing it....

Quote Originally Posted by BendItLikeGio View Post
    Yeah well said, cant lie would love to see another Juvetino in the Red Jersey. But Marchisio is just injury prone now a days. I think hes looking for a move to MLS for big bucks like Pirlo or Bastian, and toronto isn't going to offer that

Righ Side defensively we are lacking for now. Hasler can take over Beita as an attacking mindset but not defensively or playmaking. Will be interesting what will unfold from now till end of this month.

We will need players because we will have a heavy schedule if we are thinking Concacaf CL, if we aren't than we shall be fine till the summer.
    Oh yeah, for sure it will be a DP contract he's after, and we definitely can't offer that.

As long as Hasler can take space away and stick to his man when defending, it'll be fine.
    Our CB's can handle the tackling, and Bradley is always back there to help as well.
    Wingbacks are generally not great defensively anyways.....competent in that sense will do.
    I mean, Marcelo is generally regarded as the best wing back/LB in the world, and we all know that is not for his defensive capabilities.
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 01-19-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some #TFCLive roster news to follow the #SuperDraft. Stay tuned

probs the zava signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's good enough to be Bradley's backup right off the bat. Really happy for him.