Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even without blitzing teams through the playoffs, they always had an air of playing like men possessed… and nothing epitomized that more than Jozy's goal against Columbus—goodness me, what a run—what magnificent season!

As an ex-pat, TFC helps me through the homesickness, and I just can't say how elated I am.

With the game starting at 10 in the evening, for me, the wife and kids had a nap, until just before pre-game, in order to be fresh.

It might not compare to some of the stories 'round here, but we made quite an evening out of it, complete with the kids kicking around a football in the house, here (fine by me).

I'll cherish the memory of tonight for the rest of my life.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We become the 13th team to earn the star above the crest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Fuad Ibrahim

im on my phone right now.. but rest assured if I was on a computer I'd be spamming Fuad heads.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    im on my phone right now.. but rest assured if I was on a computer I'd be spamming Fuad heads.
    Yes there's a major lack of Fuads on the boards tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still drunk. This is amazing. That is all. Good night

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Almost 5 am and I'm still buzzing...

Said it on the other thread, but I still can't quite believe it. This win is for not only the guys that were a part of this team, but for all those who came before. Dichio, DeRo, Koevermans, yes, even Frei. Everybody! So glad to have been a part of this journey the last 11 years, and so glad to have shared it with all my TFC brethren. Almost makes all the crappy years seem worth it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW what a night!! cant say anymore TFC!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We finally did it! It has been a long journey and it was worth it in the end. Can't wait for next season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That loss to MTL at home seems like long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a torrent of the full match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember after the first season of Gio and the BIG 3 and the loss to MTL in the playoffs I was at the Training Centre for the end of season presser and I was behind the scenes (based on my job) and seeing Vanney and I was like thinking to myself "There goes a dead man walking".

Didn't think that a few years later we'd be here with the Greatest MLS team in history.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time seemed to stand still at key moments last night.

Altidore’s shot moving through the air. That split second when you realized he’d done it. It was slow motion, to me. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I was haunted by the Frei stop on Altidore in extra time last year, I kept thinking about it in the off season. Now I will see Altidore’s shot flying through the air on its way to glory. Forever.

Late game heart failure. Giovinco lying there while Seattle attacked in the 90th minute. I love Gio, I know he had cramps, but, WTF? GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP ……Then Armando Cooper hitting the goal post. He made such a beautiful play to round the keeper, how could he not score. Another split second: this is the only moment when my faith actually might be wavering, I cannot believe what I am seeing, this is some kind of ludicrous cosmic setup for a late game ….before I can finish the thought, in the blink of an eye, the carom has hit Vazquez and he had bundled it in.

Of course there are other blink of and eye moments – Altidore was thisclose to being offside (he did a nifty zigzag to stay onside, but boy that was close). How did Kamara miss last week? It all seems so inevitable now, but God, it’s so easy to fall on the wrong side of a blink of the eye.

Frei is Nemesis. We finally got to him, but, holy crap, what a display.

Oso, as many others have pointed out, so glad that a Canadian was such a major piece of something like this.

Bradley played maybe the greatest game I have ever seen any MLS player play. He was unbeatable, broke up numerous moves forward, bailed out defenders on the counter in big moments at least twice. Just wow. He was probably the MVP, not Jozy, but really who cares? It's not like we'd be here without either one.

I think there were two Sounders fans earnestly shaking everyone’s hands at the northeast exit postgame, saying “Congratulations. You guys are the best team in MLS history. “ Was I dreaming that? That seemed surreal.

It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right.

I love these cold weather games. Feels like big games in Europe.

The tickets turned out to be cheap at the price.

A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, finished with three straight clean sheets, and scored beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?
    Last edited by ensco; 12-10-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anybody have a clip of the jozy mic drop it was epic

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, and score beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?
    Very nicely said throughout! What's next? CONCACAF Champions League, with an extra $2.8 million to spend, maybe Club Word Cup some day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody please spare a thought for the random TFC fan in the purple toque, probably recovering in hospital today after Jozy's bear hug. Turn on the audio, it's worth it.

[/TWEET]

Is the above video stalling for others as well when embedded in the forum? Direct link on Twitter works better: https://twitter.com/AustonGoatthews/...06663505944576
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-10-2017 at 11:30 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time seemed to stand still at key moments last night.

Altidore’s shot moving through the air. That split second when you realized he’d done it. It was slow motion, to me. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I was haunted by the Frei stop on Altidore in extra time last year, I kept thinking about it in the off season. Now I will see Altidore’s shot flying through the air on its way to glory. Forever.

Late game heart failure. Giovinco lying there while Seattle attacked in the 90th minute. I love Gio, I know he had cramps, but, WTF? GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP ……Then Armando Cooper hitting the goal post. He made such a beautiful play to round the keeper, how could he not score. Another split second: this is the only moment when my faith actually might be wavering, I cannot believe what I am seeing, this is some kind of ludicrous cosmic setup for a late game ….before I can finish the thought, in the blink of an eye, the carom has hit Vazquez and he had bundled it in.

Of course there are other blink of and eye moments – Altidore was thisclose to being offside (he did a nifty zigzag to stay onside, but boy that was close). How did Kamara miss last week? It all seems so inevitable now, but God, it’s so easy to fall on the wrong side of a blink of the eye.

Frei is Nemesis. We finally got to him, but, holy crap, what a display.

Oso, as many others have pointed out, so glad that a Canadian was such a major piece of something like this.

Bradley played maybe the greatest game I have ever seen any MLS player play. He was unbeatable, broke up numerous moves forward, bailed out defenders on the counter in big moments at least twice. Just wow. He was probably the MVP, not Jozy, but really who cares? It's not like we'd be here without either one.

I think there were two Sounders fans earnestly shaking everyone’s hands at the northeast exit postgame, saying “Congratulations. You guys are the best team in MLS history. “ Was I dreaming that? That seemed surreal.

It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right.

I love these cold weather games. Feels like big games in Europe.

The tickets turned out to be cheap at the price.

A question: what am I supposed to do now? Our team had the best record in league history, won the treble, finished with three straight clean sheets, and scored beautiful, elegant goals to do it.

Now What?
    Well said. As for what's next, we savour this for a couple of months and look forward to the CCL, which Manning has stated will be a priority next year.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of folks, myself included, were concerned that we hadn't seen the confident free flowing TFC since before our loss to Montreal in September.

This cup final was a return to form.
    That was the dominating performance we'd gotten used to over the first 3/4's of the season.

It was a beautiful sight to behold.
    What a long strange trip it's been from year one to now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even sure what to say right now. I just want to be part of this thread, too.

I would like to suggest an alteration to The Bounce.

Instead of

We'll never stop 'til we've won the cup
    We said
    We said
    to

We'll never stop 'til we've won the cup
    Again
    Again
    I'm just saying.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been around as long as some of you guys and thus can't even imagine what some of you are feeling right now. But man, what a night.

From kickoff to final whistle we played like men possessed. Some of the plays Oso and Bradley were making seemed otherworldly, beating 2 or 3 guys only to get outnumbered and have the ball stripped off of them, but they would chase after the ball as if they were running on pure adrenaline until they got it back. Altidore's goal felt like a beautiful release; I don't think I've ever felt that emotion in my life.

From joining the TFC family around the time they appointed Winter to right the ship until now, I've seen nothing but loyalty and passion from everybody on here. Even in the days of Paul Mariner we had gamethreads 10 pages long. We never gave up on our boys, and now we can rightfully call ourselves champions and the best team in MLS history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It bugs me that Garber gave the Cup to Larry Tanenbaum. Sorry. That’s not right
    The fans saved this though...no cheering when it was given to Tannenbaum..he wisely - quickly presented it to Bradley who ran to the team with it...cue the roar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting on the train back to Windsor, thinking about it all, the years of pain, the promise of better days ahead. And now, the domestic treble and recognition as the best side in league history. Takes my breath away.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it many times this season... Vazquez is one of the best things that ever happened to this team.

As someone who has seats near the top of 114, and therefore behind all the smoke, flares and flags...
    This is easily the most exciting goal I didn't see with my own eyes, lol

Last edited by flatpicker; 12-10-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what Koevermans is thinking now..............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the best perspective piece I've read on TFC in a while.

Thanks for posting it.

Our local media deserves some love too. They are getting a little here
    https://twitter.com/taylortwellman/s...26058706579457
    Last edited by ensco; 12-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I'm not even sure what to say right now. I just want to be part of this thread, too.

I would like to suggest an alteration to The Bounce.

Instead of

to

I'm just saying.
    Rhyming with

back then
    back then...

Happy for the Treble! Bring on the Champions League!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Jozy goal felt so great and then the tension returned a bit as any weird bounce could have gone their way and tied it. But when the Vazquez goal went in, the tears actually came. I was hugging my dad and the realization that this was happening, that we had just sealed it, came over me.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That Night In Toronto

No words. Glad I got to spend it with you lot.

Last edited by dono; 12-10-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Fixed video