Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than getting moved from our original seats due to a TON of ice and water, over to the accessible section (where we got moved again), got some great shots of the supporters tifo! And the clap at the end... I cried a bit.

And the video
    Last edited by dono; 12-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this on October 23, when we were debating what we want from the Atlanta-Columbus game ....

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I want Seattle.

Only beating the snotrags to a pulp will quench my thirst.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-10-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is cool. Jozy goal, from behind the net. You can move the camera around, which him slip right in front of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Q1GiKZezM

Does anyone know a link for the complete game on ESPN (not TSN)? Or, from 65-95 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any one know what TSNs viewer numbers were last night for the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would have thought 5 years ago That BMO field would be the field of champions

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in the members only thread but thought a wider audience might help the cause ---

.....Not to be that guy....but....is anyone more technologically inclined than I thinking about producing a DVD of this game like the Mtl Series one created last year? I'm pretty sure demand would be pretty high among the group.....

Just putting it out there....hoping for a brave soul to take on the task.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to give some credit to Tim Leiweke. He was the one that convinced the ownership that we should spend to act like and become winners. He was right and without him this never would have happened. Why would a huge city like Toronto act like we are some small town? He changed the culture around the club and this season was the culmination of the changes he convinced MLSE to implement.
    There are so many important parts to yesterday but I think everything started from that point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    You have to give some credit to Tim Leiweke. He was the one that convinced the ownership that we should spend to act like and become winners. He was right and without him this never would have happened. Why would a huge city like Toronto act like we are some small town? He changed the culture around the club and this season was the culmination of the changes he convinced MLSE to implement.
    There are so many important parts to yesterday but I think everything started from that point.

I agree...

"Why can't we be great".....that's the mentality that starts the ball rolling throughout the organization.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a warning, if you want to terrify your credit card and future financial well being - go on to the MLS store website....ummmm it's in American funds?! (yikes), and there are delivery charges and duty/taxes applied as well?! (double yikes)....and there are how many items with the words "MLS CUP Champions" on them?!.....let's just say, you and your wallets have been warned (that's not even including the 4-5 items at Real Sports online)....never been so happy to be broke....take my money please!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Bradley is able to chill out a bit now. His tireless obsession was the stuff of legends. Player of the year, hands down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you see it....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to understand what it took to get this team over the line yesterday, watch the whole of the 24 minute long presser afterwards with Jozy & Bradley.

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/brad...year%7E1281422

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    This is cool. Jozy goal, from behind the net. You can move the camera around, which him slip right in front of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Q1GiKZezM

If you keep the camera going straight foward....Vasquez gives Frei the gears afterwards.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If you keep the camera going straight foward....Vasquez gives Frei the gears afterwards.
    Probably trying to get into his head a bit and break whatever confidence Frei had left over from his impressive first 65 mins of play.

Considering he's a former Red and I respect the guy as a solid player, I small part of me feels for him.
    Like, maybe a finger nail size part of me feels for him.
    The rest of me is over the moon.
    Last edited by flatpicker; 12-10-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    When you see it....

This is...interesting. If I'm not mistaken this jersey is about to be retired meaning the star will never actually appear on the jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    When you see it....

That jersey gets replaced this off-season tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That's amazing. Din't think I could like him anymore than I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats happening for the march tomorrow? Are we chanting with the boys for the walk? Meet up time and place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watching the Leafs game and the crowd started a TFC chant with all the boys at centre ice for the puck drop. Nice to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh good to see TFC at the leafs game, well deserved recognition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far be it from me to tell the RPB what to do, but I had a tifo/2-stick idea:

0-1 ~ Side-Salad
    2-0 ~ Main Course

This references the game, earlier in the season, when our depth players took on a full strength Sounders side (and Schmetzer's comments, in the media)… and, then…

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Yeh good to see TFC at the leafs game, well deserved recognition
    https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/940013019882508288
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fantastic night!! I am so proud to have supported this team from day 1. The feeling when we scored the first goal... the anthem... singing, “We Are the Champions”, the second goal. Speaking to so many other Season Ticket Holders throughout the night.. you could see it all by just looking in their eyes... it really said it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son and I got back to Ottawa at 2am this morning. He had basketball and I had Choir, except I couldn't sing louder than a whisper - too hoarse!

It was good to see Chris there and finally put a face to Wowza's name. Sorry we couldn't join the march, but my son wanted to get to the stadium tout-suite. He didn't even stop for an autograph with Tim Melia (my son's a GK). We stayed in the rafters for an hour before gametime just soaking in the atmosphere as the stadium slowly filled up. It was worth it to make the memories with him for a night neither of us will ever forget. All thanks to you guys for giving us your unused code. See you guys again at Voyageur's Cup at TD Place next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Very True. Also have to thank David Miller and Joey Pants for helping the team to exist in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know a link for the complete game on ESPN (not TSN)? Or, from 65-95 minutes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/footballdow...92017/dr0nfzf/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to describe what I am feeling personally, so I am just going to sum up my thoughts.

I remember coming home after the our first game at BMO against KC, thinking "Wow! This is awesome!" The atmosphere was there, but the product on the pitch was awful. Not just TFC, but MLS in general. I didn't care we weren't winning the first year. Or the second year. I was a little pissed at how we lost in 2009 at Giants stadium, and how bad we looked with Preki. I had some home under Winter when we went on that CCL run. But it happened while being the worst team in the world. We had some Payne, and had to put up with Defoe- but at that point we were used to not having nice things.

Then it all started to click when Giovinco and Altidore arrived. I was satisfied with just reaching the final last year because of the way we came back against Montreal. But last night, victory was the only option. And the team delivered. In style. If TFC dominated Seattle in 2016, they annihilated them in 2017.

Oh and even though the team had ups and downs for 11 years, our supporters continued to raise the bar every year in the stands. We have a 30,000 seat stadium and for the past two years (at least for playoff games) it feels too small for the club. The future is bright in this city, for the sport and for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^looks like TSN not ESPN, but thank you for finding and sharing. I was looking for the ESPN only because the announcer was so much more enthusiastic in calling the 2 goals. Great quality of these vids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^looks like TSN not ESPN, but thank you for finding and sharing. I was looking for the ESPN only because the announcer was so much more enthusiastic in calling the 2 goals. Great quality of these vids.
    hows this for raw emotion
    https://youtu.be/JAXDH4ctEWo

https://youtu.be/mOr49-xGf38

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that topic...
    I was just watching some of the TSN broadcast, and it kinda sucks.
    They have the crowd volume way too low compared to the commentators.
    It really diminishes the sense of excitement for viewers.
    And then of course there's the fact that the TSN play-by-play guys just aren't good.