Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "it's a league event"

They have royally fucked up the roll out process and policy for ticket sales for the final. I thought last year was bad but the system suggested in the email sent out today is insane.

It can't really be first come first serve can it? Am I reading this wrong? I want to be in my usual season seats I've had with the people around me for 10 years. Thjs isn't that hard.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah..... sadly that's just the way it is. That's how it was last year, and how it always is.

I'm going to leave this thread open so people can blow off steam, but please remember - your ticket reps have no control over this - so dont be a jerk to them.

if it derails, the thread will get closed. thanks for understanding, but it's a done deal already.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There won't be an option to pick your seats even if they're available. If I'm reading this email correctly. Major bummer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Supporter or Club seats
    To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice. Tickets purchased from your Online Account Manager will be available to be printed or transfered immediately.
    Your non Supporter or Club seats
    The Ticketmaster presale for MLS Cup will be online only and ticeSt

s
    PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
    MLS Cup is a League-Run Event

• Consistent with 2016 and due to league requirements, Members will not have access to their Season Seat location
    • All Members will have guaranteed access to purchase the same number of seats as they have in their accounts, during the dedicated presale window
    • All presale timeslots will be prioritized by tenure
    • The purchase process for tickets will be conducted via Ticketmaster
    • You will receive Membership pricing during the Member window

The Purchase Process

• Due to the volume of Members in the presale, the interactive seating map (i.e. the blue dots) will be unavailable. In its place, a static BMO Field map and search function will dictate your search options.
    • Recommended option Drop-Down Menu – By using the drop-down menu, you can search for seats in 15 different areas of the stadium. If you choose this option, it will automatically select the seats in the lowest rows of the sections listed that are still available
    • If no seats are available in the drop-down option you selected, move to a different location as these sections may be sold out
    • Alternative option Best Available – If you choose this option, it will automatically select the highest priced seats still available regardless of their location in the stadium
    • Seat availability will change throughout your window as Members are selecting and de-selecting seats

cannot be purchased over the phone. See below for Ticketmaster purchase tips.

Your Ticketmaster Account

• Make sure to log in to your Ticketmaster account before your presale to avoid any delays when purchasing Click here to log on to Ticketmaster
    • Please ensure that your credit card information is uploaded to your account prior to the presale to avoid any delays during your purchase window
    How to Access the Tickets Once Purchased

• Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster will become available to print 48 hours prior to the match
    • Once tickets have been purchased, you cannot exchange or refund your seats
    Your Unique Presale Code

• Your unique, one-time use code will become active at the start of your MLS Cup presale window
    • PLEASE DON’T SHARE THIS CODE AS ONCE IT IS USED, IT BECOMES INVALID
    • Copying and pasting your code often adds extra characters, for best results manually type in your presale code

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?
    Noon for me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a year 1 ticket holder and have a 10am slot. Last year I was able to get my normal seats in 126. Hopefully I can get something similar this time around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 pm....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.
    NO,SOUTH STANDS ARE SAFE,same as last year

Your Supporter or Club seats
    To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you cant use the "little blue dots" to snag your own seats if available is some major crap.
    Again, forced to not be able to sit with everyone I've celebrated with all year.

Also 2pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?
    Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should set up a practice Ticketmaster website. Last year I panicked and picked the wrong tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a league game.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it's going to be the dark ages of Ticketmaster. This actually may make the purchase process faster. I'm with @tfcfans, I would rather have this problem.

I have a noon window being a SSH since 2009.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

It's a league game.
    I don't roll on Shabbas. I told them a thousand times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10:00 am for me, hopefully I can get in section 110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure
    Figures! My computers at work are down today and I'm off work tomorrow! This sucks. Somehow I have to get my correspondence switched to my personal email.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
    Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lintberg View Post
    I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
    Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am
    We need that drum up in 110 to keep 109 in sync! Fingers crossed for sure!
    Road Games:
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some times not using pick-a-seat is a performance issue - more likely for things to crash. Not allowing it is a typical of large on-sales.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does it say what our pre-sale time is? It says “your pre-sale starts at 10:00am” so does that mean I have a 10:00am time slot?
    Last edited by UpTheReds; 11-30-2017 at 11:21 AM.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Where does it say what our pre-sale time is? It says “your pre-sale starts at 10:00am” so does that mean I have a 10:00am time slot?
    Yes.

Mine says 12:00. So I can start getting my seats at 12:00.
    Road Games:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    They have royally fucked up the roll out process and policy for ticket sales for the final. I thought last year was bad but the system suggested in the email sent out today is insane.

It can't really be first come first serve can it? Am I reading this wrong? I want to be in my usual season seats I've had with the people around me for 10 years. Thjs isn't that hard.
    it is that hard. MLS CUP is a league event, meaning the league has the rights to the seats. only supporter section and club seats are held back. They dont have to give SSHs first go at tickets but imagine the shit storm if they didnt. I'd be thankful you still get to go. There are plenty of people that would take your chance.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    it is that hard. MLS CUP is a league event, meaning the league has the rights to the seats. only supporter section and club seats are held back. They dont have to give SSHs first go at tickets but imagine the shit storm if they didnt. I'd be thankful you still get to go. There are plenty of people that would take your chance.
    I'm sure there's a lot of fans in Seattle that would love a shot a tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap, it's far worse than last year, although website performance will probably be better. There are better ways to deal with the requirements to free up the blocks of seats required for the league; AND avoid performance issues; AND reduce the amount of turmoil by avoiding unnecessary moving about & unnecessary ticket choices for the SSH presale. But we discussed this lots last year, both here & in other forums. No need to spill more ink & waste more time on that. It's clear the league doesn't give a crap; they just flex their "league event" muscles and do what the heck they want.

BTW I really don't like the narrative "first world problems" or "rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final" when there are clearly better ways to deal with the problems than what they have decided to do. We could all just say "I'm happy that I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just put up with every shit sandwich that anyone serves me for no good reason." Probably the mood will be as dead in the section I end up in as it was last year in the MLS Cup, with nobody knowing each other. Plus a bunch of guys being totally annoying, with inappropriate behaviour and non-stop swearing mostly unrelated to the game; while adjacent parents / kids / grandparents looked about uncomfortably; but nobody said anything because the normal social controls of a section where most SSHers know each other had been destroyed.

The league and I don't know who else are being thick-headed, not inventive. Whatever, let's just leave it at that. Maybe it's something that could be raised in future SSH meetings; club/league/supporters group events; etc. But I'm not holding my breath, as I know there are bigger unresolved issues. Definitely mention it to your ticket reps if you're unhappy; but definitely be nice to your ticket reps as well.

Do we know anything about extra seats being added? I doubt we end up with as many extra seats as last year, where the temp stands were useful for both TFC & the Grey Cup. I find overall demand so far in the playoffs has been lower than last year: things don't sell out as fast; there are more seats available for reasonable prices; there were even some seats available shortly before the last games. Slightly lower local demand could ease the pressure for the MLS Cup; or the reduced number of extra seats could make things harder. Probably it will be a wash.

The window for my seatmate & I starts at noon on Friday; can't remember exactly when we started our season tickers.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 11-30-2017 at 12:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of fans in Seattle that would love a shot a tickets.
    Yes, and if their team had been better over a 34-game season, then they would have a much better shot at tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spoke with my account rep, as I'd been given a 4pm time slot. Long story short, I had to change the name on my account last year, as the membership was in someone else's name. I wanted to know if that affected my time slot, and the answer was yes, because of the 'ownership' change.

However, the good news in all this - he said that my supporters section tickets in 110 wouldn't be affected, only the other tickets I have (in 220). Apparently as long as you opt-in, supporters section seats are safe, as they want supporters sections to stay together. If you have seats outside of designated supporters section then you will likely be moved, but supporters sections should get their normal seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had the same chat with my rep - supporters seats are safe as long as you buy in your allotted timeslot

Quote Originally Posted by CdnWanderer View Post
    I just spoke with my account rep, as I'd been given a 4pm time slot. Long story short, I had to change the name on my account last year, as the membership was in someone else's name. I wanted to know if that affected my time slot, and the answer was yes, because of the 'ownership' change.

However, the good news in all this - he said that my supporters section tickets in 110 wouldn't be affected, only the other tickets I have (in 220). Apparently as long as you opt-in, supporters section seats are safe, as they want supporters sections to stay together. If you have seats outside of designated supporters section then you will likely be moved, but supporters sections should get their normal seats.