Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I want to see a bigger name than Atiba. Junior Hoilett anyone?
    Not bigger names... stronger players.

Gio proves the name is much less important than the ability.

Find a bench warmer that gets subbed on occasion from the right team with the right skills... and it could be a big deal. ... just not a bloody one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you've got 22 minutes to spare, this guy explains it all, old/new TAM & all the rest:

https://www.pscp.tv/PaulTenorio/1RDxlnZZWWzGL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just crunching some numbers based on Matt Doyle's Salary Cap article from earlier this year and tweaked it with the new Discretionary TAM and expected 5% salary cap increase. Each team can spend up to $8.9 million on their rosters, not including what 3 DPs make outside of what counts against the cap. That is some serious coin compared to a lot of leagues in the world. If the average DP is expected to make somewhere in the $4-5 Million range, then the spending MLS teams could be expected to craft rosters of $20 million dollars or more if they really wanted to. That would raise the average to something approaching Liga MX levels, which is around $30 million USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I was just crunching some numbers based on Matt Doyle's Salary Cap article from earlier this year and tweaked it with the new Discretionary TAM and expected 5% salary cap increase. Each team can spend up to $8.9 million on their rosters, not including what 3 DPs make outside of what counts against the cap. That is some serious coin compared to a lot of leagues in the world. If the average DP is expected to make somewhere in the $4-5 Million range, then the spending MLS teams could be expected to craft rosters of $20 million dollars or more if they really wanted to. That would raise the average to something approaching Liga MX levels, which is around $30 million USD.
    Do you have any proof that the average Liga MX salary is $30 million?
    The last figure i remember seeing was that TFC spends more than every Liga MX team when the impact were in the CONCACAF Finals.

According to the GLOBAL SPORTS SALARIES by sports intelligence: http://globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS%202017.pdf

TFC would be:
    15th in Seria A,
    15th in La Liga,
    13th in the Bundesliga
    7th in Ligue 1,
    2nd in Scotland (Almost tied with Celtic)
    in 2017 for salary spending

they don't have the Liga MX salary however
    Last edited by troy1982; 12-13-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was comparing League values on Transfermarkt to come up with that opinion. However I doubt the Mexican teams have gone full-bore into analytics like MLS clubs have, so MLS teams might be getting better bang for their buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, keep in mind the value of a player and salary are two completely different things.
    Unless something has changed significantly in Liga MX over the last 4 years, then I feel safe to assume that TFC still out spends ever team in that league as before ever without the extra TAM .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE IT. This is huge in increasing the overall quality of teams and the quality of play in MLS. No more Disney parity bullshit.
    Teams that want to win can spend the money and those who don't want to spend the money and just looking for a write off can fuck off and have their teams relocated (looking at the Crew and Revs).