Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Congrats that's what makes it experiences like this so special. I am 41 and cherish the 11 Blue Jays playoff games I attended including 3 in the World Series with my parents and brother. It something I will never forget.
    That's a foreign concept to me, after growing up as a kid in a house where there was almost no overlap between what forms of sports and entertainment any of us liked, and occasionally getting dragged by my parents to things I had no interest in attending, while rarely getting to see anything I would have preferred. I'm never comfortable being on either side of attempts to get relatives or friends to go along, unless I'm certain it's someone who shares the same enthusiasm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind Saturday subway from Lawrence to St Clair is shuttle bus only due to maintenance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated forecast for Saturday...-1 feeling like -7 with the windchill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Pretty similar weather to last year. As long as there's a different winner at the end of the day. Sure it's cold, but we just have to bundle up. Let's do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's tough when you see the temperatures today of +10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's tough when you see the temperatures today of +10.
    Yeah god damn, it's so nice at the moment wtf weather. Won't let us have nice things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCfans enjoyed your post last night.
    It is a special bond between parent and child.
    We agree -'let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....'
    J&M

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Yeah god damn, it's so nice at the moment wtf weather. Won't let us have nice things.
    Chin up consider it a game day strategy...Seattle is averaging steady temperatures of 8-10 degrees Celsius all week...when they get here we'll just freeze their balls off and immobilize them with Toronto lake effect wind chill- our guys hopefully are used to this by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Chin up consider it a game day strategy...Seattle is averaging steady temperatures of 8-10 degrees Celsius all week...when they get here we'll just freeze their balls off and immobilize them with Toronto lake effect wind chill- our guys hopefully are used to this by now.

I said this last year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    I said this last year
    It was true last year. Ex Alonso and Marshall and Frei, they were all invisible last year.

Also bad weather lowers prices, which puts tickets in better hands.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was true last year. Ex Alonso and Marshall and Frei, they were all invisible last year.

Well Frei's balls became unfrozen at a crucial time then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This. Even though everyone is dreading it, if we get the same game we got last year we'll likely win. Just looking back at the highlights, we penetrated their defense a decent amount of times, and of course that save was exceptional, but not the norm.

I really think its Seattle that'll be coming in overconfident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Sorry, but agree to disagree.

Difficult game conditions always defavour the more technically gifted team, unless that technical team is very well used to play in similar conditions.
    Are the TFC players very well used to play in -1 degrees, which with the windchill feels like -6? Hell not...

TFC is a lot more technical team than Seattle, think about all our guys compared individually to their guys.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-05-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    This. Even though everyone is dreading it, if we get the same game we got last year we'll likely win. Just looking back at the highlights, we penetrated their defense a decent amount of times, and of course that save was exceptional, but not the norm.

I really think its Seattle that'll be coming in overconfident.
    Agreed that Seattle will be overconfident. They scored 5 in the West final (against Houston...haha...great accomplishment) and will be feeling good. But we've been playing the tough, gritty games that they haven't seen yet this playoff run.

I just really don't think the weather affected Seattle players or their game plan much - I'm sure they're more comfortable in their 10 celsius but we would be too. They always intended to park the bus and the cold isn't going to stop you from doing that effectively. Hard to say the weather had an effect on Frei - he did his job as good as he needed to and never looked off. As for Alonso, we all have to remember he was playing injured and was very much a game time decision which probably had a bigger effect then weather for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sorry, but agree to disagree.

Difficult game conditions always defavour the more technically gifted team, unless that techical team is very well used to play in similar conditions.
    Are the TFC players very well used to play in -1 degrees, which with the windchill feels like -6? Hell not...

TFC is a lot more technical team than Seattle, thinks about all our guys compared individually to their guys.
    This is my point exactly. Parking the bus doesn't require the weather to be on your side, moving the ball quickly and accurately does.And hard to label players as invisible if the game plan is sit back and, literally, do absolutely nothing offensively. The only player that would stick out - for either team, really - is Frei due to that save. No one needs to stick out if you get the job done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    TFCfans enjoyed your post last night.
    It is a special bond between parent and child.
    We agree -'let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....'
    J&M
    Thanks....I know I am like many others on here who have created something special between this team and their families, as well as bonded with fellow supporters almost all of whom were complete strangers to me in 2007 and yet have become a defacto family to me in regards to TFC over the past 10+ years.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Let's hope for better outcome then last year,it will make your experience really priceless.

Speaking from my own experience,last year I flew in my son all the way from Croatia just for final game,and losing that game was very bitter pill to swallow and definitely ruined something that was suppose to be the father son moment for life.

Since we failed last year I had no choice but bring him here again,can't let him miss TFC raising MLS CUP at BMO Field.
    Love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not totally sure the weather advantages Seattle that much either. They're not a team of schlubbs like those they faced in the playoffs and last three months of the season. I don't believe they match up to us in any position except maybe keeper. But they can play good football. I do think the weather favours a low scoring game so in that respect maybe favours them slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone use toe warmers? the ones taht stick at bottom of foot? are they uncomfortable to stand in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    anyone use toe warmers? the ones taht stick at bottom of foot? are they uncomfortable to stand in?
    They're amazing. Don't notice they're there except for the heat they provide. I will be using some if I remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Liberty Village is ideal to park if you can get down there early enough --- if not, somewhere along a major transit line (TTC subway line has parking lots at various locations depending on where you are staying in the city) this will allow you to take a streetcar to the key areas near BMO.....FYI they have made some of the areas along King Steet (near RTH and the Theaters) in the downtown core a "car-free" zone so be mindful of that if you are driving towards BMO from that area.....
    I'll be driving down the Don Valley Parkway to the Gardiner and get off at Bay. Is there parking at BMO Field as well? I remember parking at a lot just off Spadina south of the Gardiner a 2 years ago. I wonder if it's still there.

<Edit: Where is the march going to start?>
    Last edited by Initial B; 12-05-2017 at 12:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Pretty similar weather to last year. As long as there's a different winner at the end of the day. Sure it's cold, but we just have to bundle up. Let's do this!
    The game will start four hours earlier from last year, so hopefully it won't be too cold.
    And even if it gets colder later on, it'll feel warmer once our team raises the MLS Cup.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday's match is turning into a battle between the nominees for this years US Soccer Player of the Year Award !! 4 of the 5 nominees will be taking the pitch at BMO Field.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Saturday's match is turning into a battle between the nominees for this years US Soccer Player of the Year Award !! 4 of the 5 nominees will be taking the pitch at BMO Field.

Ohhh I'll love watching how mad USMNT fans are if Jozy or MB wins this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They would lose their shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll clearly be Pulisic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    It'll clearly be Pulisic
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting absolutely no work done. I'm thinking about the match, stressing, reading the forum, going to the MLS site, reading the comments, posting shit. I don't think I'll be able to work this week at all at this rate. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....after 3 games played on FIFA, Toronto is leading the series 2-1 (2-0 when in a 4-4-2 diamond)
    one win in extra time with Bradley scoring the winner.

Fun way to pass the time haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Ohhh I'll love watching how mad USMNT fans are if Jozy or MB wins this
    After MB got zero player votes for MVP....