Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Quick question might be unrelatable to the thread but last game i seen someone use a smoke flare or whatever in the north end and others physically holding one throughout the south end. Are the flares legal at BMO now? id love to bring some inside bmo if thats the case.
    Smoke devices (not flares) approved by the club can be used by pre-authorized and trained SG members. Try to bring in a flare and you will be banned. Use your flares outside the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Smoke devices (not flares) approved by the club can be used by pre-authorized and trained SG members. Try to bring in a flare and you will be banned. Use your flares outside the stadium.
    So the fellow in the north end last game was authorized? Where do you get authorized?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    So the fellow in the north end last game was authorized? Where do you get authorized?
    I can't speak to individual situations. If you are a member of a group, talk to the people in charge of your group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Was awesome at the end of year 1...Could happen again
    I’ll just say this. If it’s some crazy happy ending, I can’t control what I do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    if you want to lose your seasons and get a stadium ban
    They can’t ban everyone if we all do it 😏

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nytekrawla View Post
    They can’t ban everyone if we all do it 
    Yes but if I try it guaranteed I'll be the one idiot who gets flattened by the biggest security guard while the rest of you are cavorting across BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months of the season since getting some players I've never heard off:

Records since August (last 11 games):

Seattle: 5W, 4D, 2L for 19 points; 16 goals scored, 8 conceded.

TFC: 8W, 1D, 2L for 25 points; 32 goals scored, 14 conceded (5 of which came in that Montreal game).

Seattle played SKC, Minn, Vancouver a few times, sinking Dallas a few times, Galaxy, Portland, Philly (who beat them soundly). They really haven't played a tough team in over three months.

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 6 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.
    Last edited by Canary10; 12-04-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months ofnthe season since getting some players I've never heard off:

TFC: 8W, 1D, 2L for 25 points; 32 goals scored, 14 conceded (5 of which came in that Montreal game).

Seattle played SKC, Minn, Vancouver a few times, sinking Dallas a few times, Galaxy, Portland, Philly (who beat them soundly). They really haven't played a tough team in over three months.

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 5 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Canary10 again.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, the threat of snow appears to have decreased in the most recent weather forecasts for Saturday afternoon.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/1...nto-december-9
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/...south-parkdale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Little bit of context since I've seen a lot about Seattle being the "best team in MLS" the last few months of the season since getting some players I've never heard off:

TFC played Portland (destroyed them), Chicago, Montreal 3 times, Philly (destroyed them), San Jose, NE, NYRB, Atlanta. Much tougher end to the season. And 5 more points, double the goals.

Again, just context.
    Context is everything. Thanks for doing the legwork!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If our big boys play the way they should, we will win. If they don't, we can see another shoot out.

The west was brutal this year and Seattle are a great team, but they haven't played a tough team yet. Would love to see us attack, we are home...let's put them under pressure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    If our big boys play the way they should, we will win. If they don't, we can see another shoot out.

The west was brutal this year and Seattle are a great team, but they haven't played a tough team yet. Would love to see us attack, we are home...let's put them under pressure
    Yeah that's the bottom line. If we play to our capability this is ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either team can win this. Seattle is a very good team but TFC is better when firing on all cylinders. I hope the cold weather doesn't get in the way of what we know TFC are capable of this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...so....where are the GA areas this season? Anybody know?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Same as always, behind the north end net, the "King Club".
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how many Seattle fans will be making the trip this year? There was about a 1000 last year if I’m not mistaken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Anyone know how many Seattle fans will be making the trip this year? There was about a 1000 last year if I’m not mistaken.
    I understand they have been given 1,000 seats again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I understand they have been given 1,000 seats again.
    I believe it was 1,500, which was part of the overall Seattle allotment.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find two friends stand in between

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with my College age daughter who is about as tall as Giovinco. Regardless of the outcome, being able to do that is just priceless. I almost cried when I got the tickets today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with my College age daughter who is about as tall as Giovinco. Regardless of the outcome, being able to do that is just priceless. I almost cried when I got the tickets today.
    Congrats that's what makes it experiences like this so special. I am 41 and cherish the 11 Blue Jays playoff games I attended including 3 in the World Series with my parents and brother. It something I will never forget.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope for better outcome then last year,it will make your experience really priceless.

Speaking from my own experience,last year I flew in my son all the way from Croatia just for final game,and losing that game was very bitter pill to swallow and definitely ruined something that was suppose to be the father son moment for life.

Since we failed last year I had no choice but bring him here again,can't let him miss TFC raising MLS CUP at BMO Field.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle is stacked. Maybe the West is easier but they played Portland 3 times, we played Montreal. K.J mentioned this. They also brought in some big players that took time to get adjusted. Rodriguez is looking in form. There whole team, honestly. Loderio, Rodriguez, Dempsey, Bruin, Alonso... They have Morris on the bench...

This is going to be a helluva game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I don't think Seattle is stacked. I think they are a middling team, and the guys that won them the game last year haven’t been the same since.

I get the PTSD but, hello, it's over. We cannot be stopped. We have won all four playoff series the last two years. Seattle has zero shots on goal the last 210 minutes, and beat us with the save of the century.

Their number is up. I don’t care what they do, we are better. If they score first, we will pour 4 in after that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter was born in late 2005 so she was really born into this team through her Dad (who joined RPB in 2007) --- I actually took her to the (away) opener at Joes in 2008 at about 2+ years old --- I know, positive parenting.....since about Year 5 (2011) at about 5+ years old she goes with me to the Home Opener every year no matter how cold it was, it has been her special thing that she shares with her Daddy (on occasion the wife and the other child (younger sister) have come along when the weather is perfect in the summer) but for her and I this has really been a bonding experience over the years (many of you have seen us at Joes over the years) -- like others, I shared these events with my brother in the past (Leafs in 93 - Game 7 vs the Kings! and subsequent ECFs), the Jays from 1985 through 1993 (I was at the every WS game with my brother including the Carter HR), and as special as those memories are, there is something different seeing something through from the very beginning and sharing it with my own child from the very beginning, for those of you with kids, I know you will understand.

I remember driving home last year after the MLS Cup, and I was more sad than angry at the time, as I remember chatting with my daughter on the way home about how precious and rare these opportunities are to experience the ultimate at Home in our stadium and our city - together. I remember saying that the worst part is that we would have to wait at least an entire year and hope a bunch of things all went our way (luck, avoiding a bad PK call, talent, injuries to key players, etc.) all in the hopes of just getting back to that moment again, and frankly thinking it may never even come again --- so many things can go against you to derail the path to that moment of ultimate glory and how last years run was so magical - that Montreal series is still ridiculous when you look back it.....and now here we are.....

This team came back this year and rather than wallow in pity over what happened, they said "F" this, we are going to try to dominate from wire to wire and show everyone that we are the best team in this league - period. They have been a joy to watch this past regular season and I made sure to go to as many games as I have ever been to with my daughter to really savour the brilliance of this team.....and then the playoffs arrived....

Something happened in the playoffs and the team that scored 14 goals in in the 2016 ECSF and ECF (and 3 in the knock out), now scored just 3 goals in 4 games and dragged across that eastern conference finish line in a much different fashion than last years playoffs and most of this regular season; in my humble opinion - they frankly willed themselves back to this point, it's not a criticism, it's an observation - they showed guts and drive and determination to get back to the only place where this season was meant to go since December 10th at about 11PM.....

I hope and I pray that the result we all are hoping for comes to pass and I get to share THAT moment with my special TFC seat-mate ---- I hope that others too, are able to share it with those that have struggled along the way with us for the first 8 years of truly abysmal soccer, and who have "struggled" since last December in a much different way, the idea that this season really does all come down to this one game; no it doesn't mean that the past season was a waste, but I think we all know that this group (almost all of it), have been brought back to this moment, to get their moment which they so richly deserve (and a little bit of our moment too, especially the long time sufferers)......

Good Luck to them and to us.....let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Seattle is stacked. Maybe the West is easier but they played Portland 3 times, we played Montreal. K.J mentioned this. They also brought in some big players that took time to get adjusted. Rodriguez is looking in form. There whole team, honestly. Loderio, Rodriguez, Dempsey, Bruin, Alonso... They have Morris on the bench...

This is going to be a helluva game.
    Bruin is terrible. Hard to imagine he's their striker.

Don't let anyone tell you they became some unstoppable force since their mid season additions. They had 19 points since August, we had 25, and double the goals scored. And they didn't play anyone good in those three months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officially Sold Out !! Saturday can't come soon enough !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Can't wait. I'm still pinching myself that I actually got a pair of tickets.

If you're coming from Ottawa, where should one park?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics: I expect Seattle to play us exactly the way Columbus did. Overload the midfield, press, force us to try to go over the top, otherwise drop 10 men back, regroup, and try again whenever TFC are bringing in upfield. It almost worked for Columbus. They had us on the ropes, and outchanced us in the first 3 of the 4 halves. They just could not score (I think they had 1 goal in 5 playoff games at even strength).

Vanney did better in the second half Wednesday, with the switch to the 4-4-2 diamond at halftime, so I kind of expect him to start with that Saturday.

I really do think the key to our offence is unlocking Morrow and Beitashour/Hasler going forward. Both NYRB and Columbus put good pressure on our backline, and we did way too much Route 1 long ball in response. The quick tic tac pass play to spring the wingbacks wide is the key to us solving the pressure and opening them up in open field.

In the diamond, bringing wingbacks up puts massive pressure on Bradley and Delgado to cover, if the move forward is broken up.

Those are the keys to the game. Making quick outlet passes to beat the pressure, and getting great box-to-box play from Bradley and Delgado. We get both of those, and we will win by 3 goals.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-05-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Wow. Can't wait. I'm still pinching myself that I actually got a pair of tickets.

If you're coming from Ottawa, where should one park?
    Liberty Village is ideal to park if you can get down there early enough --- if not, somewhere along a major transit line (TTC subway line has parking lots at various locations depending on where you are staying in the city) this will allow you to take a streetcar to the key areas near BMO.....FYI they have made some of the areas along King Steet (near RTH and the Theaters) in the downtown core a "car-free" zone so be mindful of that if you are driving towards BMO from that area.....