Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised the Edelweiss still exists......

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Been a loyal fan since 2007 and a RPB since the Opening game vs Chivas in 2007 . I have seen the good and many bad times but I always remained loyal no matter what . I try to make it to at least 3 to 5 games a year and have always enjoyed the BMO experience big time. Yesterday was just awesome even though I was a little worried until Altidores goal I tell you The place were I watched the Edelweiss in Kitchener everybody were relieved more so than happy. Now Bring on Champions League vs the Mexican teams

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/thegoalkeeper/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Jonathan Tannenwald@thegoalkeeperFollowFollow
    @thegoalkeeper

More

Good morning. Early #MLSCup ratings info: 0.7 overnight, up +75% from ESPN’s 2015 broadcast and the highest-rated final on cable since 2012.In Seattle, the game averaged a 7.0 local rating, the highest ever number in that market for an MLS game on ESPN networks.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Some deserved praise for Osorio's performance tonight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/patie...orio-tfcs-win/
    He had a great first half, possibly his best in TFC colours. It’s just a pity that shot didn’t get past Frei, it would have been what just deserved for the patience Oso’s shown this year on the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We couldn’t have asked for more. An amazing season with a storybook ending. They have been giving their all since the start of the season till now. Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Dero got a moment with the cup. That was nice.

We get a star on the jersey!!!!!!!!!
    How good is that gonna look next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    How good is that gonna look next season
    Can't wait to pick up a new kit next year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Can't wait to pick up a new kit next year
    Are we due for a re-design this off season? Would be great to get a new kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Are we due for a re-design this off season? Would be great to get a new kit.
    New away kit. I’m hoping for another grey one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was checking some links from Seattle last year.. I hope MLSE lets us add the star to this year’s red jersey... replica or not!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...orter-protest/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    New away kit. I’m hoping for another grey one
    Onyx please! Best kit we ever had!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if there's already been a post about this or if this is even the right thread but the Innebriatti absolutely destroyed the south end last night... Not sure if this also happened in the RPB sections but I seriously hope not. Loads of seats missing and destroyed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BciMuOBleMV/
    Last edited by BenRhodes23; 12-10-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Not sure if there's already been a post about this or if this is even the right thread but the Innebriatti absolutely destroyed the south end last night... Not sure if this also happened in the RPB sections but I seriously hope not. Loads of seats missing and destroyed

Still can't wait for safe standing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't usually post my MLS recaps on this site but here's a link to it:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17tfc044.htm

It made an even 100 games I've attended this season. (ie. MLS, plus USL, League 1 Ontario, and Canadian National team games held in Toronto are on other threads in the forum).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some idiots were kicking the seats in 116 row 5 in the CLB game and broke 3 of them.
    I saw someone in 117 taking a seat, and some clown walking on the Westbound GO platform after the game had one, walked right be police with it.

If only the people of Toronto could go to the homes of those criminals and do that to their personal belongings...

At least it didn't take to the streets and start burning cars, looting stores, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate/ respect the passion from the Innebriatti but causing damage like that, especially in our stadium, is disgraceful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big deal. It's the final ffs. Maybe that will convince them to make the supporter's section safe standing or at least put in some foldable seats instead of the flimsy ones we have now.

Inebriatti gave us an amazing pyro show seen by everyone that watched highlights of last night's game. I guarantee you the players were loving it.

Only thing I was disappointed about is that we didn't storm the pitch.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is effing horrifying...THIS IS OUR HOUSE...We built the house on Lakeshore for the Reds!...WTF! I hope those sections are more than severely sanctioned.
    Last edited by Ponderosa; 12-10-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Big deal. It's the final ffs. Maybe that will convince them to make the supporter's section safe standing or at least put in some foldable seats instead of the flimsy ones we have now.

Inebriatti gave us an amazing pyro show seen by everyone that watched highlights of last night's game. I guarantee you the players were loving it.

I loved the pyro show as much as anyone, but it being the final is a weak excuse for destroying the stands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the star on the jersey thing...I get the feeling but here's how I see it.

I see people wearing all sorts of jersey's with all sorts of names from all of the seasons of this team and I know they were there that season, for whatever that season brought forth. Unlike Seattle, who havn't really struggled and suffered, we have a memory of how much this all takes - to turn around this team from 5 years ago to where it is today. And that memory includes years when we were not very good. And it includes years when we were very good indeed but not quite there yet.

I will proudly wear my long sleeve black lined on the arms jersey without a star as a reminder of what this team struggled to achieve this season - it will forever remind me that I was there for the one season where this team wore that jersey without a star - when this team battled hard to earn that star and become the best team ever in MLS.

They won this season to get that star on next season's jersey, that will sit, hopefully to be joined by others, as a reminder that this team won it all. And they won it, that championship, for themselves and for us. The players talked about it again and again over this season and last night. They wanted to win that trophy for themselves, and for the fans.

Putting a star on this year's jersey just wouldn't be right to me.

Believe me, in 20 years, there will be a time when people look at you going to a game wearing a jersey without a star and they will ask what it was like to be there in those days, and you can regale them with the night TFC won its first MLS Cup (among other things).
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-10-2017 at 09:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we in the north did move a security barrier to get in another 10 feet....does that count?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the full game online anywhere? dying to see that tackle mavinga made in the second half.. looked IMMENSE from the north end bleachers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the pyro show as much as anyone, but it being the final is a weak excuse for destroying the stands.
    That's just what happens when you have passionate supporters jumping on their seats for 90 minutes. My seat would have broken too if I were a little heavier hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    Onyx please! Best kit we ever had!
    Agree with this 100%

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting take on the game, incl. the video review of Jozy's goal:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/video/espn-...altidores-goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, no offence to RPB but before the Inebriatti the atmosphere at BMO was dying a death. Considering the time and money they invest in TIFOs, Pyro etc I think a few broken and missing seats is hardly the end of the world. Watching the Vasquez goal as flares are popping off in the South End sent a shiver down my spine, that's how you celebrate winning a Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So stupid. Bringing atmosphere does not give you the right to destroy your house.

So disrespectful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Agreed, no offence to RPB but before the Inebriatti the atmosphere at BMO was dying a death. Considering the time and money they invest in TIFOs, Pyro etc I think a few broken and missing seats is hardly the end of the world. Watching the Vasquez goal as flares are popping off in the South End sent a shiver down my spine, that's how you celebrate winning a Championship.
    What a stupid comment...you seriously cannot be justifying this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have the TSN numbers been released on the number of viewers watching the game on TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They only destroyed chairs on the retractable part of the stands - because of the Argos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    What a stupid comment...you seriously cannot be justifying this?
    Celebrate the win. Keep supporters politics out of it. Thanks.

See you at the parade.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER