User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 536
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have they announced the officials for this game yet?

  2. #182
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Have they announced the officials for this game yet?
    I thought it was Chapman.....

  3. #183
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Have they announced the officials for this game yet?
    12/09/2017 – MLS Cup
    Toronto FC v Seattle Sounders
    BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
    REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
    AR1: Adam Wienckowski
    AR2: Jeremy Hanson
    4TH: Kevin Stott
    5TH: Jason White
    VAR: Dave Gantar

  4. #184
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    12/09/2017 – MLS Cup
    Toronto FC v Seattle Sounders
    BMO Field (4:00pm ET)
    REF: ALLEN CHAPMAN
    AR1: Adam Wienckowski
    AR2: Jeremy Hanson
    4TH: Kevin Stott
    5TH: Jason White
    VAR: Dave Gantar

    Why is he allowed to be even close to VAR or officiating is beyond me?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  5. #185
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Why is he allowed to be even close to VAR or officiating is beyond me?
    Agreed...and in such a big game too.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC have to play technically perfect in my opinion, no silly lack of discipline mistakes, and keep to the task at hand, score a few goals early to force Seattle to come out of their defensive shell.

    2-1 for the good guys in regulation time.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My head says it's likely to be a carbon copy of last year. I think Seattle plays the same way. Why mess with the template that works, plus they are a better defensive team than offensive. One goal will probably decide it. Weather will be a factor.

    My heart is more in line with what Ensco has been saying. We've seen teams better than Seattle, that should give us a really tough game, walk into BMO and get carved up like Thanksgiving dinner. I give maybe a 10% chance of that but I'm hoping.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Section 115
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I saw it earlier, where someone mentioned that actual kickoff is closer to 4.30pm. Just trying to figure out how stressed I need to be as I look for parking and make my way to the field. Anyone have a definitive answer on kickoff time? Thanks.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Funk View Post
    I think I saw it earlier, where someone mentioned that actual kickoff is closer to 4.30pm. Just trying to figure out how stressed I need to be as I look for parking and make my way to the field. Anyone have a definitive answer on kickoff time? Thanks.
    Honestly, with how busy it's gonna be, just do yourself a solid and show up a bit early.
    Traffic won't be good. Lines into the stadium wont be good., etc.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not that it means anything but TSN has the pregame on at 3:30 and game slot is 4:00 to 7:00 (which would allow for extra time if they kick off by 4:15 but would be tough to get in if left any later).

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Funk View Post
    I think I saw it earlier, where someone mentioned that actual kickoff is closer to 4.30pm. Just trying to figure out how stressed I need to be as I look for parking and make my way to the field. Anyone have a definitive answer on kickoff time? Thanks.
    I saw the media communication page on the MLS site and it did state that kick off is at 4:30.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...media-road-map

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Ocean at the End of the Lane
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Honestly, with how busy it's gonna be, just do yourself a solid and show up a bit early.
    Traffic won't be good. Lines into the stadium wont be good., etc.
    for the life of me i can never understand why it takes until 30 minutes or so into the game for people to get to their seats.

    sure there are things that happen, family life, work, traffic etc. but on the whole most should be able to make it to their seats 15 minutes before kick-off

    i mean if the game was at 2 pm most would be in their seats by 2:30 but if it's a 4 then they're in by 4:30 - make zero sense

    just put the game time in your calendar as if it starts a 3 pm and be there for 3:30

    done!!

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    My head says it's likely to be a carbon copy of last year. I think Seattle plays the same way. Why mess with the template that works, plus they are a better defensive team than offensive. One goal will probably decide it. Weather will be a factor.

    My heart is more in line with what Ensco has been saying. We've seen teams better than Seattle, that should give us a really tough game, walk into BMO and get carved up like Thanksgiving dinner. I give maybe a 10% chance of that but I'm hoping.
    I agree, they won't change they're game plan too much in comparison to last year.

    The key may be our width, using our wings (Morrow/Beita) more than we've done so far. I understand circumstances (NYRB brawls, no strikers, threat of Columbus away goal, etc)

    However, now with a one game final, we need to pull and move around Seattle's defensive 6 to give Giovinco and Altidore and others opportunities to break through. We know if we all their two CB's to stay put, we'll never get through. Make them chase... now we got chances on net, I'm sure of it.

  14. #194
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    I saw the media communication page on the MLS site and it did state that kick off is at 4:30.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...media-road-map
    So we know where Seattle are staying...

    SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC ARRIVAL & MEDIA AVAILABILITY
    Seattle Sounders FC will arrive to Toronto and be available for a 30-minute window of media availability upon arrival to the team hotel, estimated to be 9 p.m. at Delta Toronto Hotel. Sounders head coach Brian Schmetzer and Seattle players will be accessible for interviews during this time.

    WHEN: Wednesday, December 6
    Starting at approx. 9 p.m. Seattle Media Availability

    WHERE: Delta Toronto Hotel | 75 Lower Simcoe St. | Toronto, ON M5J 3A6

    Hmmmmm....

    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...


  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does anyone know the gates open time?

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    So we know where Seattle are staying...

    SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC ARRIVAL & MEDIA AVAILABILITY
    Seattle Sounders FC will arrive to Toronto and be available for a 30-minute window of media availability upon arrival to the team hotel, estimated to be 9 p.m. at Delta Toronto Hotel. Sounders head coach Brian Schmetzer and Seattle players will be accessible for interviews during this time.

    WHEN: Wednesday, December 6
    Starting at approx. 9 p.m. Seattle Media Availability

    WHERE: Delta Toronto Hotel | 75 Lower Simcoe St. | Toronto, ON M5J 3A6

    Hmmmmm....

    All visiting teams stay at the Delta...fireworks show friday night?

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    So we know where Seattle are staying...

    SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC ARRIVAL & MEDIA AVAILABILITY
    Seattle Sounders FC will arrive to Toronto and be available for a 30-minute window of media availability upon arrival to the team hotel, estimated to be 9 p.m. at Delta Toronto Hotel. Sounders head coach Brian Schmetzer and Seattle players will be accessible for interviews during this time.

    WHEN: Wednesday, December 6
    Starting at approx. 9 p.m. Seattle Media Availability

    WHERE: Delta Toronto Hotel | 75 Lower Simcoe St. | Toronto, ON M5J 3A6

    Hmmmmm....

    Would be a shame if someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am this friday....

  18. #198
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    111
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mauser09 View Post
    Would be a shame if someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am this friday....

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    All visiting teams stay at the Delta...fireworks show friday night?
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser09 View Post
    Would be a shame if someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am this friday....
    or even an impromptu drum session around the same time.....

  20. #200
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    I agree, they won't change they're game plan too much in comparison to last year.

    The key may be our width, using our wings (Morrow/Beita) more than we've done so far. I understand circumstances (NYRB brawls, no strikers, threat of Columbus away goal, etc)

    However, now with a one game final, we need to pull and move around Seattle's defensive 6 to give Giovinco and Altidore and others opportunities to break through. We know if we all their two CB's to stay put, we'll never get through. Make them chase... now we got chances on net, I'm sure of it.
    Yep, if they play like last year then we need to be switching those wings and pulling guys out wide. They were tight and compact last year and we didn't do anything to try to spread them. I think Vazquez will be MASSIVE in this one because of his ability to move the ball around the park so easily - and once a gap opens, he knows where to put it.

  21. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Toe Warmers

    Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    They're amazing. Don't notice they're there except for the heat they provide. I will be using some if I remember.
    Just got them on Amazon. 6 pairs for $10 ... supposed to last 8 hours.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    If you don't have Prime, then try Home Sense, I think I saw them there.

    Cheers.

  22. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    for the life of me i can never understand why it takes until 30 minutes or so into the game for people to get to their seats.

    sure there are things that happen, family life, work, traffic etc. but on the whole most should be able to make it to their seats 15 minutes before kick-off

    i mean if the game was at 2 pm most would be in their seats by 2:30 but if it's a 4 then they're in by 4:30 - make zero sense

    just put the game time in your calendar as if it starts a 3 pm and be there for 3:30

    done!!
    Here here... we sit in 2 seats by the aisle and I just want to scream ... "WHY ARE YOU LATE!!!!" And when they start leaving when there is 20 mins left in a tie game, I literally shouted out "Where are you going?!?!?". It's insane...

  23. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, not to get ahead of ourselves ... but ... any idea where the parade would run? Maybe through the EX to Dufferin, North on Dufferin to King and East on King into the city, maybe end up at City Hall where the big trophy is?

    Just sayin'

  24. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All tucked in


  25. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Regina
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please don't. Last year I stayed there when we played NYCFC in the playoffs and both teams were there the night before.

  26. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    waking up players at 3 am is so first season

  27. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, what are we, Central Americans?

  28. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Section 115
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hear ya. I have my daughter's first ever dance recital that ends at 2.30 in Thornhill then am heading straight down. I'll be there at kickoff!


    Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Honestly, with how busy it's gonna be, just do yourself a solid and show up a bit early.
    Traffic won't be good. Lines into the stadium wont be good., etc.

  29. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Section 115
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarboroughRed View Post
    I saw the media communication page on the MLS site and it did state that kick off is at 4:30.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...media-road-map

  30. #210
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    2,569
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •