Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Excited to see what this team can do in CCL.

Watched the MLS 4 min highlight, was pretty much TFC scoring chance after chance, nothin for Seattle.

Won't speak of any individual player, everyone played out of their minds and the coaching was perfect.

The high press with Vazquez bursting down the middle to pressure Frei overwhelmed them.
    Bradley & Delgado/Osorio hunted down Lodeiro to smother him any time the ball was sent his way.
    Vazquez exploiting the space behind the slow Marshall with laser precise throughballs ...

Just amazing.
    Ive never seen vasquez run so much. You could tell he was gassed but just wouldn't stop.
    I really think we have yet to see the bet from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuWright View Post
    Was checking some links from Seattle last year.. I hope MLSE lets us add the star to this year’s red jersey... replica or not!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...orter-protest/
    Going to get my existing Vazquez kit embroidered with a star once I see what it looks like. There is a shop on queen west that does one off tshirt prints and also has an embroidery machine to do logos and stuff on hats etc. lots of places will do that.

now just need the design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I just noticed that Benoit, in his few minutes on the pitch, got the interception and setup the play that led to the 2nd goal!
    yup, started the whole thing. legs may go but his vision is another level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have osorio and ricketts in tears when Vasquez scored?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well we in the north did move a security barrier to get in another 10 feet....does that count?
    I noticed one guy jump over then no-one else made it so he went back lol.

Another guy ran midfield and saw a bunch of cops chasing top speed and the lead cop tripped and slid 6 ft on his belly, very impressive. Just after the 3min mark watch the right side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5BZBSIkEY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Although I was born here, I lived in England when TFC started. I came back in Toronto late 2011 and my first game I attended was the 2012 Champions League at the Skydome. Feeling the energy of the fans, I was hooked on this team. I luckily managed to to get a season ticket a few years ago and have been to almost every game.

Saturday's performance was their best by far and winning has to be one of the greatest sporting days of my life. I feel lucky to celebrate with all you guys, my TFC brothers and sisters. I haven't hugged that many people in my life, but I would be happy to do it again for the CCL and next December. I'll see you all at the parade and rally!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

long road from...

to this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    I noticed one guy jump over then no-one else made it so he went back lol.

Another guy ran midfield and saw a bunch of cops chasing top speed and the lead cop tripped and slid 6 ft on his belly, very impressive. Just after the 3min mark watch the right side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5BZBSIkEY
    ha thats Gold jerry, GOLD!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last post was on Saturday just before I left for Liberty Village and then BMO Field. I said Just Win, Baby!

48 hours later... WOW!!! What a weekend.

I waited until I got home to post because I wanted to change my avatar and put in a signature to reflect what our side had just accomplished Saturday. Going in, I wasn't as positive about what would happen as ensco was (and give that man credit for calling the match out the way he did), but they delivered in the best way possible. It was electric, high energy, adrenaline pumping, and for the first three quarters of the match, nerve wracking.

Everyone on the starting side was playing at the top of their game. Nobody slouched for a second. Passes were on target, tackles made successfully and timely, it would have been 4-0 or 5-0 were it not for Stephan Frei standing on his head like he did last year. I was afraid we were going to see a carbon copy of last year's final.

Then, 66:15 happened (and that number will be tattooed in our minds like 23:13) Jozy scored from a lovely passed by Gio, and the stadium erupted. It was loud and insane and joyous. It was a sea change that said "Not this time! This time we're gonna win it!" And when Vasquez popped in the insurance goal with less than thirty seconds in extra time, well you could be at home watching it on a 100" 4K wide screen and listen to it with Dolby surround sound and it wouldn't even come close to capturing the feeling and experience at the stadium. Then, the final whistle blew, and we finally made it to the mountaintop.

I had moved from the upper deck to the top of the supporters section at the start of the second half. It was insane the way we all celebrated those two goals When it was finally over well... You hope and wait for this moment from day one and you wonder if it would ever come - especially give all the shit we had to endure for most of it. And when it finally does...WOW!!! To see it live and in person... that was the greatest sports event I ever attended in my life, bar none.

Thank you TFC for giving us fans the season of our dreams.

To my fellow RPBs, I love you all. I'm so proud to be an Red Patch Boy. Let's do it again next year!!!

Notes:

- I was able to get into the heart of 112 for the post match celebration, hugging and high fiving everyone around me. Of all the wondrous moments of that, my fondest was when we all started singing Queen's We Are The Champions. For years, I always hoped we would get to sing that once our side won the Cup. Once they started playing that, we started singing it loud and proud. What an unbelievably satisfying feeling that was!

- Loved being back at Joe's post match. So many drunken happy faces there (including those we haven't seen in awhile - NORRRB!!!). None more so than former Toronto mayor David Miller, who was buying rounds of shots for everyone around him (me included - BTW, I picked up some JD's honey whisky before heading home thanks to him) and ended up shirtless for a bit. You don't have to like his politics. But were it not for him, we wouldn't have a soccer specific stadium at the CNE ground, thus we wouldn't have a team to call our own, thus we wouldn't have had what happened Saturday night.

- I thought I lost my 2017 RPB scarf at the stadium. It would have been disappointing, for sure. But after all the excitement and euphoria, I didn't seem to care. Then, when I got back to my hotel, I realised I had wrapped it inside of my red TFC jersey to keep me extra warm, so I really didn't lose it after all!

- The cherry on the sundae for me was arriving at the train station Sunday to head home and then crossing paths with someone and getting to shake their hand. Bobby Orr. He has a firm grip!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    What a stupid comment...you seriously cannot be justifying this?
    Hes voicing his opionion and to be honesty i agree with him 100%. Sent a shiver down my spine As well. all ive been hearing from people is how the fans put on a show for the final it was amazing! NO PYRO NO PARTY. As for the broken seats, there roughly 5 dollars of cheap plastic and with people jumping around in excitement for a team who just won there first Mls cup i think its justifiable and okay for some seats to be destroyed. Too many buthurt people here.... enjoy the win stop finding an argument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Hes voicing his opionion and to be honesty i agree with him 100%. Sent a shiver down my spine As well. all ive been hearing from people is how the fans put on a show for the final it was amazing! NO PYRO NO PARTY. As for the broken seats, there roughly 5 dollars of cheap plastic and with people jumping around in excitement for a team who just won there first Mls cup i think its justifiable and okay for some seats to be destroyed. Too many buthurt people here.... enjoy the win stop finding an argument
    Exactly. It was mayhem in the south end and those cheap seats were never going to survive that emotion. If they want to have no damage they need stronger equipment. Those things get damaged during CANMNT games when someone steps over after realizing their in the wrong section.

back to the topic at hand,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

my voice is so effing destroyed and still feeling the effects of the drink that I really should not be in meetings in this shape. Then rearranged all my meetings to hit the parade and it was so fucking worth it. You all put on a fantastic show, I caught you at 4 different places and then crammed the square for the speeches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cried at the first goal, I cried at the first play off game, I cried at the first final, I cried on Saturday before the game and after the game, I cried at the parade.

TFC makes me cry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I have not seen discussed. A key moment!

https://twitter.com/mitchelltierney/...28629880815616
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I cried at the first goal, I cried at the first play off game, I cried at the first final, I cried on Saturday before the game and after the game, I cried at the parade.

TFC makes me cry.
    you are awesome Trane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Ensco, this moment, like all the other ones in that game, you called it. Good on ya

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    This argument is so bizarre, I don't even know where to begin. When people party at concerts, for example, they don't need pyro to have fun. Supporters in England celebrate football wins without ever resorting to pyro. I don't get why the crumbling stadiums of Eastern Europe are supposed to be our standard (before you complain, my ethnic origin is Eastern European).

There's a woman with permanent scarring on her leg because some yahoo at BMO Field decided a few years ago "no pyro no party." It's banned because it's dangerous in a crowded stadium (and security *was* filming the south end btw).

The seats that were broken each cost more than an individual season ticket, not 5 bucks. If people are going to break seats, they better not complain if season tickets double.

It was a great game and a wonderful joy to see our team win. That's what I want to focus on. Not pyro.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-12-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that 'The Oars' Argos supporters group are appalled at what happened to their section during MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

And good that the official recognized that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, no way those cheap plastic seats are hundreds of dollars each to manufacture.

I'd like to have some of what you're smokin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Lol, no way those cheap plastic seats are hundreds of dollars each to manufacture.

I'd like to have some of what you're smokin'.
    i worked at PCL when those seats were purchased. they were not cheap seats. Add shipping and union labour and each seat will certainly cost more than $100.

We once patched small golf ball size drywall hole in our office 10 years ago. $250 + tax!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t want to derail what is otherwise a great celebration but the idea that you can purposely break shit “cause it’s cheap” is ridiculous.

Shit like this puts the people who stand up for supporters within the club in an awkward situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This argument is so bizarre, I don't even know where to begin. When people party at concerts, for example, they don't need pyro to have fun. Supporters in England celebrate football wins without ever resorting to pyro. I don't get why the crumbling stadiums of Eastern Europe are supposed to be our standard (before you complain, my ethnic origin is Eastern European).

There's a woman with permanent scarring on her leg because some yahoo at BMO Field decided a few years ago "no pyro no party." It's banned because it's dangerous in a crowded stadium (and security *was* filming the south end btw).

The seats that were broken each cost more than an individual season ticket, not 5 bucks. If people are going to break seats, they better not complain if season tickets double.

It was a great game and a wonderful joy to see our team win. That's what I want to focus on. Not pyro.
    Well said Sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when Bradley lifted the cup i thought of Jim Brennan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Inebriatti, we do not believe in intentionally damaging the seats in our section and anyone who has believed otherwise has gotten an earful from leadership and other members.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

Great job to all the groups on another successful season in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My profound apologies for derailing what should be the best thread ever but what would we be without finding something to disagree about eh

The one thing I will always wonder about watching the highlights (as I have a 100 times already) is just what kind of lunatic celebration Armando Cooper would've given us if he hadn't hit the post.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, when we win the cup next year (and we will), maybe some fans could try to control themselves just enough so they don't go throwing beer at our own players?

I understand losing your mind in the moment, but dump your beer on the person in front of you if you feel compelled to toss your drink.

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very impressed with UNivision deportes en ESpanol. These guys did an amazing job broadcasting the final. Way more exciting than hearing Steven Caldwell or whoever the announcers were for the final. Just check out the highlights of the game from Univision deportes. https://youtu.be/eWnFHO7M6DY

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAURORA View Post
    I am very impressed with UNivision deportes en ESpanol. These guys did an amazing job broadcasting the final. Way more exciting than hearing Steven Caldwell or whoever the announcers were for the final. Just check out the highlights of the game from Univision deportes. https://youtu.be/eWnFHO7M6DY
    They are the only highlights I've been watching the past 3 days.
    Kinda says something about TSN when I'd rather watch highlights in a language I can't speak.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stumbled onto the Univision clips of Saturday's match on my iPad, in my hotel during the overnight hours, before you guys brought them up. They were totally cool. Especially when the play by play guy started yelling GOOOOOOOAL when Jozy and Victor scored.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Sorry for a late response but your argument can be just as bizare. Your asking why we resort to european type support. I can ask you the same, Why would we resort to english style support. Not to mention that some epl games have a flare or two during there games.Bmo also has accepted and put those smoke flares for a reason at home games thats maybe the style of support they clearly want. The fans handled the flares well for the final, nobody got hurt it added intensity and excitement to the stadium. I havnt yet heard someone say anything negative about it, but argos fans and i guess others who need to find an arguement. I say just go with the flow the fans and the players loved it im sure giovinco got a kick out of it especially him being from Europe.

As for the seats i completely agree breaking them intentinally is completely wrong. I think alot of those seats were broken by mistake (celebration and whatnot). I guess it did send a measage thoigh because were apprently gonna get safe standing by latest 2020.