Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'll be driving down the Don Valley Parkway to the Gardiner and get off at Bay. Is there parking at BMO Field as well? I remember parking at a lot just off Spadina south of the Gardiner a 2 years ago. I wonder if it's still there.

<Edit: Where is the march going to start?>
    I come into the city from the same direction. I prefer to get off the Gardiner at Dunn Ave just past the stadium. From Dunn turn right on Springhurst Ave. At Dufferin turn right to park at one of the lots around BMO or turn left to get to Liberty St to park in one of the lots in Liberty Village.
    Last edited by Captain; 12-05-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I come into the city from the same direction. I prefer to get off the Gardiner at Dunn Ave just past the stadium. From Dunn turn right on Springhurts Ave. At Dufferin turn right to park at one of the lots around BMO or turn left to get to Liberty St to park in one of the lots in Liberty Village.
    Whatever you do don't drive on King east of Bathurst or you'll get a ticket.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the tourists, Liberty Village and the Ex are going to be a zoo for parking. Park up at the Lot off of Abel street and enjoy the brisk walk.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm getting absolutely no work done. I'm thinking about the match, stressing, reading the forum, going to the MLS site, reading the comments, posting shit. I don't think I'll be able to work this week at all at this rate. Lol.
    In between F5 refreshes waiting for info on the Additionals...I'm even reading the t-shirt and mask orders!

TFC and RBP first thing and last thing every day until the last whistle blows!

When I'm with you baby
    I go out of my head
    And I just can't get enough
    And I just can't get enough
    All the things you do to me
    And everything you said
    I just can't get enough
    I just can't get enough

We slip and slide as we fall in love
    And I just can't seem to get enough of....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone has 2 tickets in a seated area and would like to be in the supporters section and want to swap straight up give me a pm for details.

Cheers
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 12-06-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its nice to get this far again, but I fully believe if Seattle takes the lead it will be a carbon copy of last years finals. We have the fire power to break them down but it's a toss up thats too close to call. If we score that all important first goal. I say we win 2-0 or 3-1 but our form of late having scored just 3 goals and Seattle not allowing a goal in what 600 min? This is where as a Toronto sports fan the anxiety kicks in I was 6 the last time the Bluejays won the WS. In a winner take all game anything can happen a deflection, bad penalty call. The landscape of Toronto as a sports town has changed all teams are competitive but we are missing that elusive championship. This non sense about us being transformed into Villains this year. I believe American Soccer fans and Seattle Sounders fans are entitled and don't want a Canadian team to win. The narrative has changed since last year a lot of bitterness from Americans who would love nothing then to laugh at us losing two years in a row. They think we are this super team but we have struggled for 10 + years of being laughed at as bottom feeders and giving up late goals in the 80th + min. Sounders fans are not humble in the least and don't even realize how lucky they were to win last year. American soccer fans want to blame two individuals for a team loss that didn't get them to the WC. I'm not sure how I feel going into a winner takes all one leg with MLS refs we will see how it turns up going into last year I thought we were going to win, now this year I really have a bad feeling like were going to get robbed in some capacity so scoring first is the only way to avoid this. I think Defence and negative soccer comes to the forefront on sat so that 1 or 2 chances we get early we have to bury. Come out confident and Push Seattle back, Make guys like Dempsey, Rodriguez play defence. It's only Wednesday and i'm already nervous.
    Last edited by matteo30; 12-06-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matteo30 View Post
    Its nice to get this far again, but I fully believe if Seattle takes the lead it will be a carbon copy of last years finals. We have the fire power to break them down but it's a toss up thats too close to call. If we score that all important first goal. I say we win 2-0 or 3-1 but our form of late having scored just 3 goals and Seattle not allowing a goal in what 600 min? This is where as a Toronto sports fan the anxiety kicks in I was 6 the last time the Bluejays won the WS. In a winner take all game anything can happen a deflection, bad penalty call. The landscape of Toronto as a sports town has changed all teams are competitive but we are missing that elusive championship. This non sense about us being transformed into Villains this year. I believe American Soccer fans and Seattle Sounders fans are entitled and don't want a Canadian team to win. The narrative has changed since last year a lot of bitterness from Americans who would love nothing then to laugh at us losing two years in a row. They think we are this super team but we have struggled for 10 + years of being laughed at as bottom feeders and giving up late goals in the 80th + min. Sounders fans are not humble in the least and don't even realize how lucky they were to win last year. American soccer fans want to blame two individuals for a team loss that didn't get them to the WC. I'm not sure how I feel going into a winner takes all one leg with MLS refs we will see how it turns up going into last year I thought we were going to win, now this year I really have a bad feeling like were going to get robbed in some capacity so scoring first is the only way to avoid this. I think Defence and negative soccer comes to the forefront on sat so that 1 or 2 chances we get early we have to bury. Come out confident and Push Seattle back, Make guys like Dempsey, Rodriguez play defence. It's only Wednesday and i'm already nervous.
    I agree with all of this. Last year going into the final I was confident we would win. This year I'm nervous as hell. By Saturday, I'm going to be a mess. We had a season where we always knew the team could pull off a win but the playoffs have been very tough. I so want a win to stifle the Seattle fans. If not they'll be unbearable next year.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    TFCfans enjoyed your post last night.
    It is a special bond between parent and child.
    We agree -'let's hope it's a day and a night we never forget -for all the right reasons.....'
    J&M
    I am among the most fortunate of fathers, as I get to stand next to my son.

I was even more fortunate a few years ago, when he and I and my father were able to watch TFC play Liverpool ( I used to live less than a mile from Anfield - Support Local Football!).

My son and I were at the first game at BMO, and we have seen TFC play in Montreal, Columbus and Washington DC. We were at the game in RFK Stadium when TFC became the worst team in the world, as we watched them lose the 9th game in a row to start a season.

Come Saturday evening, we'll have seen them go from First Game to Worst Team to Best Team in MLS History.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's amazing, what a ride it has been, pretty special to have shared it with someone so close, bonding together in such a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post

I was even more fortunate a few years ago, when he and I and my father were able to watch TFC play Liverpool ( I used to live less than a mile from Anfield - Support Local Football!).

My son and I were at the first game at BMO, and we have seen TFC play in Montreal, Columbus and Washington DC. We were at the game in RFK Stadium when TFC became the worst team in the world, as we watched them lose the 9th game in a row to start a season.

Come Saturday evening, we'll have seen them go from First Game to Worst Team to Best Team in MLS History.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you're right.....oh, do I ever hope you're right......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I first saw TFC live when they went to Montreal that first season and got tickets for myself, my son, and my dad. They won 3-0 that day. Every year, my son and I have seen at least one TFC game a season in person. This is our game together this year. I want to make these memories last.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like snow Saturday !!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I agree with all of this. Last year going into the final I was confident we would win. This year I'm nervous as hell. By Saturday, I'm going to be a mess. We had a season where we always knew the team could pull off a win but the playoffs have been very tough. I so want a win to stifle the Seattle fans. If not they'll be unbearable next year.
    Agreed. Sounders fans have been whiny since winning the last cup the way they did. Just flat out refusing to admit that they were fortunate to win last year. Now because of their recent form of scoring some goals and not conceding many they are really cocky going into this game thinking that they won last year when not as strong so this year they are going to run away with it. Funny thing is they call TFC fans cocky and over confident not even realizing that is exactly what they are, not us. Add to the fact that the entire US fanbase want Bradley and Altidore to fail makes this also interesting. MLS articles are giving the impression TFC is overconfident too but they are also implying that TFC should win which is also really driving Sounders fans nuts. I think I will stop reading all the comments on MLS articles though. it is the same regurgitated arguments from the same people and it is annoying to read. Unfortunately some TFC fans are regulars on there too posting some crap that adds to it.

Can't wait for this game. Let the drama be on the field with a good hard fought game. I had enough of these Sounders. Go TFC!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is very special. I remember all the sports games attending with my father growing up - mostly Red Wings games since we live in Detroit and it was a great experience for the both of us. And now I have a chance to do the same. I brought my son to his first game in the Canadian Championship final this season - he's only 1 but seemed enthralled in the happenings on the pitch and loved the crowd and noise after the goals. I look forward to all the years to come where we can go to games and he starts to understand the game and fall in love with the team as I have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Agreed. Sounders fans have been whiny since winning the last cup the way they did. Just flat out refusing to admit that they were fortunate to win last year. Now because of their recent form of scoring some goals and not conceding many they are really cocky going into this game thinking that they won last year when not as strong so this year they are going to run away with it. Funny thing is they call TFC fans cocky and over confident not even realizing that is exactly what they are, not us. Add to the fact that the entire US fanbase want Bradley and Altidore to fail makes this also interesting. MLS articles are giving the impression TFC is overconfident too but they are also implying that TFC should win which is also really driving Sounders fans nuts. I think I will stop reading all the comments on MLS articles though. it is the same regurgitated arguments from the same people and it is annoying to read. Unfortunately some TFC fans are regulars on there too posting some crap that adds to it.

Can't wait for this game. Let the drama be on the field with a good hard fought game. I had enough of these Sounders. Go TFC!!
    Yeah I need to stop reading it, it is so annoying. I can't help but keep posting to comments for some reason but trying to keep more perspective than the one sided stuff. It's hard.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah I need to stop reading it, it is so annoying. I can't help but keep posting to comments for some reason but trying to keep more perspective than the one sided stuff. It's hard.
    Some of the level headed discussion is fine when it is there even if taking opposing sides but there just isn’t too much of that levelheadedness right now. Responding to these people is like feeding the trolls so I almost never do it. A few occasions where the comment was so incredibly stupid and false I had to defend TFC fans and Canadians.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday is looking more and more like it is going to be a snow day down at BMO Field.

Now something like this would be classic.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Walking the Red columnist says Seattle is bigger and better than last year, easy run be damned!

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12...-mls-cup-final
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the field has a great heating system I wouldn't expect any real accumulation on the pitch. I am certainly not an expert so perhaps I'm wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    This Walking the Red columnist says Seattle is bigger and better than last year, easy run be damned!

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12...-mls-cup-final
    They are better than last year. So are TFC. Previous season and even playoff results mean nothing at this point. It is down to one game. The team that wants it more and executes at the right time and doesn't slip up will win it. Either team can win. There is definitely more pressure on TFC. Hopefully these guys can handle it. Not the first rodeo for most of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whitbyreds View Post
    Considering the field has a great heating system I wouldn't expect any real accumulation on the pitch. I am certainly not an expert so perhaps I'm wrong.
    Maybe not on the actual field, but I'd definitely expect visibility to be a lot worse, and I'm sure it'll still be slippery.

Pink ball???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This encompasses so much of what being a supporter of a football team is. Generations, stories of games passed, new memories created, family, friends, supporters.

My friends who only know the support of the traditional North American sports never understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    This encompasses so much of what being a supporter of a football team is. Generations, stories of games passed, new memories created, family, friends, supporters.

My friends who only know the support of the traditional North American sports never understand.
    I used to stand beside my Father at matches, but as years have gone on and his health has dropped he no longer can handle games. I wish this wasn't the case as we used to love going to matches together

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to almost every match with my dad and my son. It was because of my son's love of soccer that I got the Season's seats a few years back, and one of the reasons that supporting TFC is so much fun! I am trying to pick up an extra seat for Saturday so my daughter can come too, as she loves it as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kickoff to unfinished business today down at Nathan Phillips Square !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renda-10 View Post
    I used to stand beside my Father at matches, but as years have gone on and his health has dropped he no longer can handle games. I wish this wasn't the case as we used to love going to matches together
    Ditto for me as my dad has Parkinson's it is too much, and the cold is just murder on the fellow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hourly forecast moving the snow times around a bit but likely to be wet stuff falling for a good chunk of the game.

Going to be sloppy out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hourly forecast moving the snow times around a bit but likely to be wet stuff falling for a good chunk of the game.

Going to be sloppy out there.
    Damn. I don't think that's good for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renda-10 View Post
    My dad used to come to some games as well but his health as well gets in the way and now even his vision is going which must be really hard because he can't even watch the games anymore too well. My son attends every game with me though and has been for years. He still plans on playing for TFC one day so this is his regular dose of inspiration. My wife and daughter come to the nicer weather games so they have been watching on TV since September. My wife has a disability and can't take the cold either. Definitely a family event though every TFC game. Glad to see so many others enjoying the same and passing it on to generations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to echo a lot of the posts in here but going to the matches is a family event for us as well. Going to the MLS Cup last season with my dad was a historic event that I will never forget. Unfortunately he is not available to attend the match with me this year. I share me season tickets with my brother and my dad. Going to the match is a summer date night for my wife and with the odd game with one of my two kids. My oldest first match was at BMO but my youngest got to be a road warrior for his first ever match on a road trip to watch the 401 derby.