0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alonso is officially ruled out of this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by GabrielHurl; 12-07-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read the officials we have Gantar as Video review that is sketchy to say the least with our history with him why would they give Gantar this final? He deserves to be in a final? based on what merit does he deserve to be even near a final. He is without a doubt one of the worst officials in the league we will get at least one good goal called back now, I wanted to ask a question on tactics so based on the weather a lot of us are predicting 1-0 how can we counter Seattle basically walking the ball up the field as they are so accustomed to doing and clogging the midfield? As has already been said here with time waisting and fouling we need to get a good first goal, Gantar in charge worries me. We have had two good goals called off. I also predict a lot of cheap shots and fouls not called was Seattle dirty last year? This is the problem is they have a blueprint as did Columbus and New York TFC has been playing this defence style the past 4 legs but Seattle is next level time waisting if they ever take the lead if they ever score its going to be a whole game of rolling around and cheap shots. Thats why we need composure they will hack away there is no way MLS will give Seattle a man disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get there for three for f's sake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Seattle park the bus this year or will they come out and have go? Surely with Dempsey and the way they've been filling the net the last little while they show a bit more adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Does Seattle park the bus this year or will they come out and have go? Surely with Dempsey and the way they've been filling the net the last little while they show a bit more adventure.
    They will replicate the exact same style this year if they get a 1-0 lead they will walk the ball up the field well taking a full 20 to 30 seconds with the ball it will Remind you of those fixed matches where teams know they go through so they "unintentionally" kick the ball around. I cringe at them using the same style but it worked so they will replicate it 100 %.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *Tactics for Seattle Match*

So this thread is needed how would you stop a team you knew was going to replicate there same style to try and beat us for 2 consecutive years by walking the ball up time waisting and clogging the midfield. If they open up great we have the first team in weeks to actually give us space. I doubt this is the case happy to be wrong when Seattle is attacking trying to score.. If they take Vasquez out, by stacking the passing lanes along with Giovinco and Jozy Morrow and Delgado and Bradley would have more space? but for tactics what can you do to make spaces does everyone here still want to play the 3 5 2 formation? It is what has got us here. I know we wont know until match day. But the last 4 weeks have been tough viewing. What can we do to get out this Seattle trap? I wanted to start a little bit of a talk about tactics away from the main thread. Since a lot of people on here know more about tactics I don't know do you maybe flip Vasquez and Morrow in the midfield? Good discussion to have Pre Match... What adjustments would you make?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the ground in Toronto

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sticking with the 3-5-2. Morrow and Beitashour need to stay wide and the ball needs to be switched from wing to wing regularly - and quickly. If they play the same as last year, they'll be compact at the back so we need to stretch them as wide as possible by playing wide. I'm also assuming someone like Alonso will have the task of taking Vazquez out of the game, so Bradley and Delgado(?) will be responsible for moving the ball around. If Vazquez is tightly marked, he needs to drop back into the midfield and draw people away with him. Then it will be all about switching that ball around, spreading out that back line and looking for those brief openings between defenders or diagonal balls toward the back post. It's key that we're spreading the ball quickly from side to side to open them up and that someone is finding those gaps if Vazquez is cancelled out of the game. We can't have Seba playing right on their backline either, he needs to drift all around as he naturally pulls defenders everywhere. However, if Seattle really is going to be park the bus with the emergency break on, we could afford go 4 at the back and still give Morrow and Beitashour the freedom to play forward. But really - anything can happen in a game and tactics can change quickly. This game needs to get here faster...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh's tweet + Google translate:

二年連続で MLS Cup Final まで辿り着きました。今年も去年と全く同じ条件なのでリベンジには最高です!我々、トロントのホームでの強 さとヨーロッパ並みのスタジアムの雰囲気を見て欲しいです🔥⚽️🔥

トロント - 12/9 (土) 16時30分キックオフ
    日本 - 12/10 (日) 朝の6時30分キックオフ
    Ni-nen renzoku de MLS Cup Final made tadori tsukimashita. Kotoshi mo kyonen to mattaku onaji jōken'nanode ribenji ni wa saikōdesu! Ga 々, Toronto no hōmu de no tsuyo-sa to yōroppa-nami no sutajiamu no fun'iki o mite hoshīdesu 🔥 ⚽ ️🔥 Toronto - 12/ 9 (tsuchi) 16-ji 30-bu kikkuofu Nihon - 12/ 10 (Ni~Tsu) asa no 6-ji 30-bu kikkuofu

I reached the MLS Cup Final for the second consecutive year. This year is also the same condition as last year so it's great for the revenge! We want you to see the strength in Toronto's home and the atmosphere of a stadium that is comparable to Europe. 🔥⚽️🔥

Toronto - 12/9 (Saturday) 16:30 Kickoff
    Japan - 12/10 (Sunday) Kick off at 6:30 in the morning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I shouldn’t be happy about the misfortune of others...but this has me pumped.

This is Gio's Moment.

Alonso was the single biggest factor in stoppng Gio last year. That and the pitch.

Now we need the groundskeepers to do their bit, and for the weather to hold. The field was frozen, as hard as concrete last year, it was minus 8 or minus 10 with the wind chill. The game was seriously affected by that.

Forecast of plus 1, minus 3 windchill, flurries.... the pitch should be much better.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-08-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one more sleep...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gustav Svensson will be marking Gio. More on Svensson here:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...here-long-time

The guy is a nice story, and he will certainly be used to the weather. But I think he is missing a step, and he is carrying a hamstring problem. We have to run plays right at him, get after him.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-08-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Someone tell Seba this is the North American 'big ears'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So on my commute this morning I turn on 1050 and they're talking TFC for a good ten min. Then I switch to 590 and they're talking Terry Dunfield and TFC for a good ten min. Then I switch back to 1050 and they're talking hockey but in the middle of it there are two references to Giovinco. A few minutes later Taylor Twellman is on talking TFC.

Wow - It's a good day to be a TFC fan. At one point one of the announcers implied he was pretending to know what he was talking about. Oh well at least they're trying now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I shouldn’t be happy about the misfortune of others...but this has me pumped.

This is Gio's Moment.

Alonso was the single biggest factor in stoppng Gio last year. That and the pitch.

Now we need the groundskeepers to do their bit, and for the weather to hold. The field was frozen, as hard as concrete last year, it was minus 8 or minus 10 with the wind chill. The game was seriously affected by that.

Forecast of plus 1, minus 3 windchill, flurries.... the pitch should be much better.
    What's your feeling now one day out Ensco?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you think the Argos are going to feel with TFC/Seattle tearing up the field in sloppy conditions tomorrow? Joking.

Rain/snow: the great speed and technique neutralizer. Check 5 different weather stations and they all say something different. Even The Weather Network app vs TV vs website has different data!

A nice light snow fall + victory would be picture perfect.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 12-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may need to start boozing now I'm so nervous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    How do you think the Argos are going to feel with TFC/Seattle tearing up the field in sloppy conditions tomorrow? Joking.

Rain/snow: the great speed and technique neutralizer. Check 5 different weather stations and they all say something different. Even The Weather Network app vs TV vs website has different data!

A nice light snow fall would + victory would be picture perfect.
    Light snow will melt and make it wet/slick. Don't expect it to be slow because of that. Would need to be heavy snow to slow the game down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A mere three hours out over Alberta in a sardine can that is Air Canada Rouge. really should be sleeping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is if Altidore Can't last 90 Mins . Do You start him? play him of the bench?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mauri View Post
    Just got them on Amazon. 6 pairs for $10 ... supposed to last 8 hours.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't have Prime, then try Home Sense, I think I saw them there.

Cheers.
    Mark's (marks work warehouse) always has them. I picked up a bunch and they are only like $2-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I may need to start boozing now I'm so nervous.
    Ha you and alot of people...including me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Mark's (marks work warehouse) always has them. I picked up a bunch and they are only like $2-3.
    they handed these out last year, i remember getting a few on my way into the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The question is if Altidore Can't last 90 Mins . Do You start him? play him of the bench?
    start.....no question.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    start.....no question.....
    Also having the possibility of bringing in Ricketts against Marshall's turtle-like speed is a good option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    Ha you and alot of people...including me
    I haven't slept properly all week