0 Thread(s)

Best day of my life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Best day of my life
    yup. This is my Joe Carter's home run. Winning anything from now on, including the actual MLS cup, will be second to this. We were the rebel alliance and Nick Hagglund and Benoit Cheyrou brought down the death star. The heroes we love but didn't know we needed.

I'm relatively young but I'm positive I'll never have a better night than that from here on out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best TFC game ever. That playoff run was truly special, each game better than the last! Until you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAPPY ST BENOIT'S DAY!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in Montreal last year with my daughter for the first leg; then I saw the 2nd leg here. The whole two-game series was just unbelievable. From the lows to the highs, & down & up again, followed by absolutely pandemonium & delirium. Totally amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benoit Cheyrou, Cheyrou!
    He scored a goal, and put us through!
    Benoit Cheyrou, Cheyrou!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That total two legged series was probably the greatest sporting moment I've ever witnessed in my life. And I was someone who, as an awkward kid, grew up a Pittsburgh Penguins fan from the mid 1970s wondering if my hockey team would EVER achieve ANY success, only to witness them win the first of five Stanley Cups in 1991.

When the L'Impact defeated DCU on their home turf in the knockout stage, I was hyperventilating at the opportunity of TFC playing them for the Eastern Conference title. When the Reds easily dispatched NYCFC, and after the L'Impact disposing of the Red Thugs, I had the biggest non sexual hard on in my life. Leg one at the Big Owe was something of a disappointment, until the Reds scored those crucial away goals. Leg two, one year ago today, was unbelievable, with the L'Impact scoring first (and me dying from within) and the Reds responding. The match itself was prenominal, with both sides playing high tempo soccer, as well as some crash and bang scuffling going on. Going into extra time seemed appropo, with Cheyrou sealing it with his goal in the late stages of extra time. The whole series was unlike anything I've ever seen, and it actually gave me an appreciation of Montreal for the way they played us (which was more than can be said for the Seattle Snotbags).

The fact that Don Garber shed a tear in joy over how that series unfolded was quite the satisfaction any TFC fan can have, aside from winning the MLS Cup. Last night's victory over Columbus was nice, but it seemed boring and anti climactic when compared to the eastern final from a year ago. Last year's Toronto-Montreal tilt was one for the Canadian sports landscape.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree that was an unbelievable night and hrd to know if i will ever see a soccer match wih as much drama, tension, excitement and satisfaction!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen (and probably never will again) a match, and series like that. It is the greatest game in all sports that I have seen in my opinion. That game and series will be talked about forever. Hollywood writers dream of being able to write a script like that. It is a shame that wasn't the MLS Cup game, the amount of plot twist, and just raw emotion made it worthy of a cup final.