Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not being able to select your seat(s) is a bummer, but I kinda expected it to be a similar process as last year.....

does anyone have any info on specifically how the "15 different areas" available for selection will be divided??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Crap, it's far worse than last year, although website performance will probably be better. There are better ways to deal with the requirements to free up the blocks of seats required for the league; AND avoid performance issues; AND reduce the amount of turmoil by avoiding unnecessary moving about & unnecessary ticket choices for the SSH presale. But we discussed this lots last year, both here & in other forums. No need to spill more ink & waste more time on that. It's clear the league doesn't give a crap; they just flex their "league event" muscles and do what the heck they want.

BTW I really don't like the narrative "first world problems" or "rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final" when there are clearly better ways to deal with the problems than what they have decided to do. We could all just say "I'm happy that I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just put up with every shit sandwich that anyone serves me for no good reason." Probably the mood will be as dead in the section I end up in as it was last year in the MLS Cup, with nobody knowing each other. Plus a bunch of guys being totally annoying, with inappropriate behaviour and non-stop swearing mostly unrelated to the game; while adjacent parents / kids / grandparents looked about uncomfortably; but nobody said anything because the normal social controls of a section where most SSHers know each other had been destroyed.

The league and I don't know who else are being thick-headed, not inventive. Whatever, let's just leave it at that. Maybe it's something that could be raised in future SSH meetings; club/league/supporters group events; etc. But I'm not holding my breath, as I know there are bigger unresolved issues. Definitely mention it to your ticket reps if you're unhappy; but definitely be nice to your ticket reps as well.

Do we know anything about extra seats being added? I doubt we end up with as many extra seats as last year, where the temp stands were useful for both TFC & the Grey Cup. I find overall demand so far in the playoffs has been lower than last year: things don't sell out as fast; there are more seats available for reasonable prices; there were even some seats available shortly before the last games. Slightly lower local demand could ease the pressure for the MLS Cup; or the reduced number of extra seats could make things harder. Probably it will be a wash.

The window for my seatmate & I starts at noon on Friday; can't remember exactly when we started our season tickers.
    Sorry to offend Auzzy, I truly am, I'm not a "like it or lump it" kind of guy, and believe me if you knew me and my ability to deliver righteous indignation at slights that the world throws my way (frankly a big part of my career is being an advocate for many causes where people have gotten "screwed" by the system), I'm probably more like yourself than you think.....but the analogy of "I'm happy I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just take every....." might be a smidge over the top in comparison to this situation (I deal with people literally fighting for their lives, or for shelter or to be reunited with their families - those are truly "shi#" sandwiches as you say; this is tickets to a sporting event)......it sucks, I get it, are there better solutions? - sure there are, are they going to happen in the next day or so?, no they aren't -- is the will to make them happen really there?, I would bet not by both TFC or the league itself as they know fans are going to buy the tickets irrespective of how pissed they might be. No STH I know is going to say "I'm not going to MLS Cup because I can't get my seats, and even if they do, those seats are gone quickly to the next buyer anyways on Monday. I'm not saying you and I and other long time STH shouldn't be pissed to some degree (cripes I bought frigging Marlies Ransom Packs back in the day with 1/2 season packs - let me tell you about righteous indignation! - ha ha ha), I'm just saying that I'm not going to direct my anger and frustration down that road at this point, I guess its to each their own in terms of how they want to handle the ticketing situation.

Anyways -

I truly hope you find a way to get to be near your "regular" seats -- I will be endeavoring to do the same thing - last year I was at least in my section for MLS Cup......maybe a new section will bring me luck this year for the Final....at this point I'm willing to try anything.....

Again - sorry to offend.....it wasn't the intention....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere at the final last year was awful. That was because of real supporters not being able to get tickets. I’d rather play this game in a neutral site so the true support has to travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saying.....we were 1 yard, 1 touch away from being eliminated last night in the 88th minute.

Things could be a lot worse today. It is what it is, similar to last year. MLSE not at fault. Would you rather we revert back to the old neutral venue and we travel and spend more $$? I was unlucky last year and settled for seats that were not my 1st choice. Even got some back talk from regulars in that section.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Sorry to offend Auzzy, I truly am, I'm not a "like it or lump it" kind of guy, and believe me if you knew me and my ability to deliver righteous indignation at slights that the world throws my way (frankly a big part of my career is being an advocate for many causes where people have gotten "screwed" by the system), I'm probably more like yourself than you think.....but the analogy of "I'm happy I'm alive and not dead, so I'll just take every....." might be a smidge over the top in comparison to this situation (I deal with people literally fighting for their lives, or for shelter or to be reunited with their families - those are truly "shi#" sandwiches as you say; this is tickets to a sporting event)......it sucks, I get it, are there better solutions? - sure there are, are they going to happen in the next day or so?, no they aren't -- is the will to make them happen really there?, I would bet not by both TFC or the league itself as they know fans are going to buy the tickets irrespective of how pissed they might be. No STH I know is going to say "I'm not going to MLS Cup because I can't get my seats, and even if they do, those seats are gone quickly to the next buyer anyways on Monday. I'm not saying you and I and other long time STH shouldn't be pissed to some degree (cripes I bought frigging Marlies Ransom Packs back in the day with 1/2 season packs - let me tell you about righteous indignation! - ha ha ha), I'm just saying that I'm not going to direct my anger and frustration down that road at this point, I guess its to each their own in terms of how they want to handle the ticketing situation.

Anyways -

I truly hope you find a way to get to be near your "regular" seats -- I will be endeavoring to do the same thing - last year I was at least in my section for MLS Cup......maybe a new section will bring me luck this year for the Final....at this point I'm willing to try anything.....

Again - sorry to offend.....it wasn't the intention....
    Yes "I'm happy I'm alive" is over the top. But "let's just be happy we're in the MLS Cup, no matter how they handle this" is also over the top. Many people weren't happy last year; the league and/or TFC and/or Ticketmaster made it worse rather than better. So they're not even trying to support a culture of long-time season ticket holders, etc. (I also started with Marlies Packs BTW.) It may never get better for any MLS Cup host city. But it certainly won't get better if nobody complains.

I surely know there are bigger issues in the world; some that I also help with at work or on my private times. Those affected often hear the similar stories: "just be thankful that" and all the "whataboutism" that gets thrown around these days...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes "I'm happy I'm alive" is over the top. But "let's just be happy we're in the MLS Cup, no matter how they handle this" is also over the top. Many people weren't happy last year; the league and/or TFC and/or Ticketmaster made it worse rather than better. So they're not even trying to support a culture of long-time season ticket holders, etc. (I also started with Marlies Packs BTW.) It may never get better for any MLS Cup host city. But it certainly won't get better if nobody complains.

I surely know there are bigger issues in the world; some that I also help with at work or on my private times. Those affected often hear the similar stories: "just be thankful that" and all the "whataboutism" that gets thrown around these days...
    Oh my god...."whataboutism" --- that was done well on John Oliver's finale a few weeks back.....ha ha ha.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    just saying.....we were 1 yard, 1 touch away from being eliminated last night in the 88th minute.

Things could be a lot worse today. It is what it is, similar to last year. MLSE not at fault. Would you rather we revert back to the old neutral venue and we travel and spend more $$? I was unlucky last year and settled for seats that were not my 1st choice. Even got some back talk from regulars in that section.
    It is worse than last year. It could have been better than last year, because there are better ways to handle this, but they've chosen the heavy-handed approach. If we hadn't made it to MLS Cup because a couple of touch-and-go results going the other way, and another team with a similar large percentage of season-ticket holds was hosting instead of TFC, I would also want them to be treated better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is worse than last year. It could have been better than last year, because there are better ways to handle this, but they've chosen the heavy-handed approach. If we hadn't made it to MLS Cup because a couple of touch-and-go results going the other way, and another team with a similar large percentage of season-ticket holds was hosting instead of TFC, I would also want them to be treated better.
    Reading the article that a TFC fan lost his life returning home from the TFC game is something that is a tragedy. Not getting your normal seats, meaningless...
    Last edited by zorsofstesab; 11-30-2017 at 01:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Reading the article that a TFC lost his life returning home from the TFC game is something that is a tragedy. Not getting your normal seats, meaningless...
    That's a ridiculous comparison. There is always somebody worse off somewhere. It's not an "either-or." I can be very sad for the loss of life of a TFC supporter, while also realizing that there are better ways that MLS could have handled ticket sales for MLS Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good news, I believe, about the way they're selling additional seats for SSHers this year, for all the playoff games. Apparently you can't email transfer those seats; and you can only access them a day before the event. I guess that's an attempt to make life harder for scalpers?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as I get a decent enough seat, I'll be happy. 2pm window.

Said to other people in my section last night, see you in February.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good news, I believe, about the way they're selling additional seats for SSHers this year, for all the playoff games. Apparently you can't email transfer those seats; and you can only access them a day before the event. I guess that's an attempt to make life harder for scalpers?
    Of course you can email it,all you have to do is choose print at home option and download you pdf ticket file,sell and email. Only difference is ,you can access those tickets 48hrs before the game,not before.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally understand the frustration.

But the reality is, we are going to the final and for the second year in a row we don't have to worry about air fare. We don't have to worry about ticket allotment.

That's outstanding.

A little weird to be playing a neutral site game in your home stadium? Sure. But I can't get behind the rage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    The atmosphere at the final last year was awful. That was because of real supporters not being able to get tickets. I’d rather play this game in a neutral site so the true support has to travel.
    Umm, season seat holders were guaranteed seats, just not their seasons. "Real" supporters were there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Easy does it.
    Supporter section was full of the regulars.
    I will also add that thanks to the efforts of many here, other "real supporters" without first shot at presales/public sales got into the building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year for the Cup I moved from up in the 200's down to the center field about 10 rows up for the second half, where all the League tourists were. There were empty seats. Must have been the weather. Dead atmosphere but me and the boys brought some life there for a bit.

I got a 4pm time slot tomorrow will probably end up back in the 200's.
    Last edited by Couchy81; 11-30-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Easy does it.
    I will also add that thanks to the efforts of many here, other "real supporters" without first shot at presales/public sales got into the building.
    how are these people that don't have first shot at presales/public sales "real supporters"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like the presale is only for season seat holders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 10am, but I highly doubt I will get my tickets in 108

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    looks like the presale is only for season seat holders
    Yeah, it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Easy does it.
    And a lot of people who have been there from the start until not will tell you there were a lot of day trippers in the supporters section who were there to get bombed. A lot of the people I have talked to have agreed but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not having people in their own seats and allowing copious amounts of tickets into the hands of scalpers certainly doesn’t help the atmosphere. I think we can all agree on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how I understand the process:

SSH Supporter's Sections: You pay your bill through Account Manager your seats are secured , and print out immediately
    SSH all other sections: You log onto Ticketmaster at allotted time (10:00am) with your one time code, you purchase the number
    of seats you have in your account, but they will not be your original SSH seat locations.
    Same as last year only no blue dot option, listed by sections.

A separate email with a pre sale code will be sent for additional tickets on sale Monday.

Am I correct
    Last edited by Derko; 11-30-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know the face value of the cheapest tickets?

I'm trying to decide when would be the best time to buy on stubhub. Now before Seattle clinches or after tickets go on sale to the general public and more tickets become available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supports sections can get their tickets tomorrow at 10 am but must get them before midnight Sunday. Those tickets are available for download, transfer etc immediately. They then have their own window (probably with other season holders?) to buy additional tickets on Monday before general public - perhaps there are 48hr restrictions on those ones? Not sure.

I would just say don't panic - things did work out last year. You will get a ticket. My section 116 last year - we actually had way more people than seats - we were sideways in the isles standing, probably against code, but we fit people in to get them out of the nosebleeds. I have great appreciation that I am one of the lucky ones but I also know there are lots of people in the supporters sections that have spares and try to ensure they go to Red Patch Boys, regulars etc and not to 'glory hunters'. Nobody I knew tried to cash in last year - we made a concerted effort through Kings of the North to get people into the game. It will happen again this year. Have faith, don't panic. There aren't a million people fighting for these tickets.
    Last edited by Scotiarae; 11-30-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Anyone know the face value of the cheapest tickets?

I'm trying to decide when would be the best time to buy on stubhub. Now before Seattle clinches or after tickets go on sale to the general public and more tickets become available.
    You may be buying a Stubhub ticket that the buyer has no right to yet - especially if its not in the south stand? The prices on there right now I think are way higher that what they will eventually go for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotiarae View Post
    You may be buying a Stubhub ticket that the buyer has no right to yet - especially if its not in the south stand? The prices on there right now I think are way higher that what they will eventually go for.
    I don't know man. That's what I thought last year and prices only went up closer to game time. I bought at the last minute and spent somewhere between $300-400.

Seattle up 3-0 and cheapest tickets are now $340 USD each. Damn.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    how are these people that don't have first shot at presales/public sales "real supporters"?
    Because "real supporters" don't want to shell out for season tickets, apparently.

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to health issues, i have not been able to get down to BMO Field since 2015. If I still had my season's tickets, I would be apoplectic about this outrageous treatment by the FO which you are discussing in this thread. I feel your pain and can only hope it goes like this in a few sections...

MAXIMUS: Anyone here been in the army a supporters’ group?
    FELLOW-FIGHTER #1: Yes
    FELLOW-FIGHTER #2: I served with you in Vindobona the

Inebriatti.
    MAXIMUS: You can help me. Whatever comes out of these gates, we have a better chance of survival if we work together. Do you understand? We stay sing together, we survive.

And later, GREG VANNEY: Hold as one. Hold. Diamond! Diamond!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotiarae View Post
    They may not even be real tickets. I just checked Stubhub, and there are 8 tickets for sale in each of Sections 313 and 316. Those seats may have existed in the last MLS Cup (and Grey Cup and Centennial Classic), but they don't exist this time around. lol
    Last edited by Toronto Ruffrider; 12-01-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Because "real supporters" don't want to shell out for season tickets, apparently.

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing.
    Just because someone can’t afford season seats it doesn’t mean they aren’t a real supporter. I would venture to say there are lots of people who can’t affford MLSE’s inflated ticket prices that are supporters of this club. Your comment is disingenuous.