Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "it's a league event"

They have royally fucked up the roll out process and policy for ticket sales for the final. I thought last year was bad but the system suggested in the email sent out today is insane.

It can't really be first come first serve can it? Am I reading this wrong? I want to be in my usual season seats I've had with the people around me for 10 years. Thjs isn't that hard.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah..... sadly that's just the way it is. That's how it was last year, and how it always is.

I'm going to leave this thread open so people can blow off steam, but please remember - your ticket reps have no control over this - so dont be a jerk to them.

if it derails, the thread will get closed. thanks for understanding, but it's a done deal already.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There won't be an option to pick your seats even if they're available. If I'm reading this email correctly. Major bummer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Supporter or Club seats
    To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice. Tickets purchased from your Online Account Manager will be available to be printed or transfered immediately.
    Your non Supporter or Club seats
    The Ticketmaster presale for MLS Cup will be online only and ticeSt

s
    PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
    MLS Cup is a League-Run Event

• Consistent with 2016 and due to league requirements, Members will not have access to their Season Seat location
    • All Members will have guaranteed access to purchase the same number of seats as they have in their accounts, during the dedicated presale window
    • All presale timeslots will be prioritized by tenure
    • The purchase process for tickets will be conducted via Ticketmaster
    • You will receive Membership pricing during the Member window

The Purchase Process

• Due to the volume of Members in the presale, the interactive seating map (i.e. the blue dots) will be unavailable. In its place, a static BMO Field map and search function will dictate your search options.
    • Recommended option Drop-Down Menu – By using the drop-down menu, you can search for seats in 15 different areas of the stadium. If you choose this option, it will automatically select the seats in the lowest rows of the sections listed that are still available
    • If no seats are available in the drop-down option you selected, move to a different location as these sections may be sold out
    • Alternative option Best Available – If you choose this option, it will automatically select the highest priced seats still available regardless of their location in the stadium
    • Seat availability will change throughout your window as Members are selecting and de-selecting seats

cannot be purchased over the phone. See below for Ticketmaster purchase tips.

Your Ticketmaster Account

• Make sure to log in to your Ticketmaster account before your presale to avoid any delays when purchasing Click here to log on to Ticketmaster
    • Please ensure that your credit card information is uploaded to your account prior to the presale to avoid any delays during your purchase window
    How to Access the Tickets Once Purchased

• Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster will become available to print 48 hours prior to the match
    • Once tickets have been purchased, you cannot exchange or refund your seats
    Your Unique Presale Code

• Your unique, one-time use code will become active at the start of your MLS Cup presale window
    • PLEASE DON’T SHARE THIS CODE AS ONCE IT IS USED, IT BECOMES INVALID
    • Copying and pasting your code often adds extra characters, for best results manually type in your presale code

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    They are very clear about the "no blue dots" thing on TM thereby ensuring people can't pick specific seats......it's unfortunate, but I'd rather have the problem of being in an MLS CUp Final and not getting my particular seats as opposed to not being in a Final at all....these are "first world" MLS problems.....

I have the Noon time slot based on tenure, I'm assuming there is a 10 am one obviously --- curious as to any other time slots that people have? 11am? 2pm? later?
    I have 2 pm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Yeah I suppose they did it last year, but even then my section wasn't affected. Is it every section? will the Bunker be left to be bought by people who won't contribute in the stands? unless the league decided they wanted way more tickets this year than last I can't understand the change.
    NO,SOUTH STANDS ARE SAFE,same as last year

Your Supporter or Club seats
    To secure your Supporter or Club seats you'll need to log in to your Online Account Manager tomorrow and pay your invoice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noon for me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a year 1 ticket holder and have a 10am slot. Last year I was able to get my normal seats in 126. Hopefully I can get something similar this time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I am a year 1 ticket holder and have a 10am slot. Last year I was able to get my normal seats in 126. Hopefully I can get something similar this time around.

may i ask what section you have? im one year also and have a 4pm time- how does this make any sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    may i ask what section you have? im one year also and have a 4pm time- how does this make any sense.
    I think if you've moved seats, changed the name on the account or anything similar then that's what they look at from a tenure perspective.
    I've been a seasonseatholder since day 1 but they show me as a season seat holder since year 2 because I moved seats (4 over from where we were sitting in year 1).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    I think if you've moved seats, changed the name on the account or anything similar then that's what they look at from a tenure perspective.
    I've been a seasonseatholder since day 1 but they show me as a season seat holder since year 2 because I moved seats (4 over from where we were sitting in year 1).
    I don't think moving seats changes the tenure. A friend of mine has tickets from year 1 and has moved further down several rows a couple of times. He had 10 am presale.

Also, TM doesn't allow for any single tickets to be left for the game. There is a single seat besides my friends tickets and he was unable to buy his normal 2 seats and TM was forcing him to buy 3. He chose other seats in the same section instead.
    Last edited by benito; 12-01-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think moving seats changes the tenure. A friend of mine has tickets from year 1 and has moved further down several rows a couple of times. He had 10 am presale.
    Same for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, TM doesn't allow for any single tickets to be left for the game. There is a single seat besides my friends tickets and he was unable to buy his normal 2 seats and TM was forcing him to buy 3. He chose other seats in the same section instead.
    It does change the tenure but it depends on the situation. It didn't matter for me as year 1 and year 2 season seat holders both got the 10am time slot. The brothers who have the season seats behind us have also been season seat holders since year 1 but they only moved to our section 2 years ago and they have the 4pm time slot. From what their account rep told them it doesn't affect tenure if you stay within your "colour" ie dark grey but if you move to a different price point you're restarting the tenure clock.
    Last edited by annie; 12-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I became a SSH in year 3 and have a 12:00pm time slot.
    I can't understand why so many sections can't get their own seats for the match. I know that the league grabs X number of seats for themselves, media get Y amount, opposing squad gets Z amount, and so on. But why not use only 1, 2 or 3 full sections to satisfy the extra need, and leave the majority of it status quo ?
    Yes, it would suck to be in those few sections, but at least the majority would be left alone.
    I have been in 105 for a few years now, and that section has been taken over for GSL holders. I know I wont be getting my seats at noon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turnbr View Post
    I can't understand why so many sections can't get their own seats for the match. I know that the league grabs X number of seats for themselves, media get Y amount, opposing squad gets Z amount, and so on. But why not use only 1, 2 or 3 full sections to satisfy the extra need, and leave the majority of it status quo ?
    Yes, it would suck to be in those few sections, but at least the majority would be left alone.
    I have been in 105 for a few years now, and that section has been taken over for GSL holders. I know I wont be getting my seats at noon.
    The League takes 6,000 seats for their needs.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turnbr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The League takes 6,000 seats for their needs.

Away alottment is like 2,000-2,500 I think?

MLSE will take likely 1,000 for themselves, maybe more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you cant use the "little blue dots" to snag your own seats if available is some major crap.
    Again, forced to not be able to sit with everyone I've celebrated with all year.

Also 2pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My computers are down at work so I have not seen any emails. Please tell me what I'm missing. What day are we getting to buy our tickets?
    Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should set up a practice Ticketmaster website. Last year I panicked and picked the wrong tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a league game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

It's a league game.
    I don't roll on Shabbas. I told them a thousand times.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like it's going to be the dark ages of Ticketmaster. This actually may make the purchase process faster. I'm with @tfcfans, I would rather have this problem.

I have a noon window being a SSH since 2009.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10:00 am for me, hopefully I can get in section 110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow - time slot determined by tenure
    Figures! My computers at work are down today and I'm off work tomorrow! This sucks. Somehow I have to get my correspondence switched to my personal email.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
    Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lintberg View Post
    I'm in 110 too, as it's still supporters and we have the drum I have put a call into my rep....otherwise if I don't grab my own seats they won't know where to deliver my drum!!
    Fingers crossed...my time slot is 10am
    We need that drum up in 110 to keep 109 in sync! Fingers crossed for sure!
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some times not using pick-a-seat is a performance issue - more likely for things to crash. Not allowing it is a typical of large on-sales.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.