Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we don't draw the Rapids. I always loved CCL so I can see TFC face other opposition I don't normally see. Playing an MLS team in the CCL would not be as interesting. In the end a game is a game and I would be there to watch but still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like the first away coincides with family day!
    I have def allocated some vacation for a trip to Panama, Costa Rica or DR!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately BMO Field is not really winterized. Maybe this will push them to do some more work? Has there been any word about planned construction? For example, nothing has been changed in the west stands. The pipes are still un-insulated; the washrooms unheated; same drainage problems on the concourse as ever...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Unfortunately BMO Field is not really winterized. Maybe this will push them to do some more work? Has there been any word about planned construction? For example, nothing has been changed in the west stands. The pipes are still un-insulated; the washrooms unheated; same drainage problems on the concourse as ever...
    If we were able to play last year in MLS CUP Final with temperatures way bellow 0, then we can definitely play at the end of February too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the west stand...the bathroom behind 127 is heated, and the one next to it near 125. Im not sure of any that arent but i dont use the others really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Not to overtake you but MLSE is not playing this game at the dome when our BMO Field is now winterized. It simply does not make economic sense.
    It might be winterized enough to build an ice hockey surface on. But unless we have a very mild winter, I don't think the grass is up to it. Might have to replace the pitch after that (or maybe that's the plan).

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Feb. 22 at BMO Field will be more epic than not especially if it makes complete sense.
    As we are first seed in the match-up, presumably it will be the following weekend.

What did they do for the Maple Leafs game - weren't they there on New Years Day? Though it ended up being a relatively warm day.

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    If we were able to play last year in MLS CUP Final with temperatures way bellow 0, then we can definitely play at the end of February too.
    It was about -4. I wouldn't call that well below zero. I think we've actually had colder regular season games.

Average low on December 10 is -2.6; record is -23 in 1876

Average low on February 28 is -4.7; record is -27 in 1846

More importantly, on December 10, we've probably still got a pitch (looking good for Dec 9 this year). On February 28?

If it's floating around zero, or minus 5, it would be great - and watching the Central Americans will be fun.

If it's -20 ... I don't see a rare trip to Rogers is the end of the world.

Economically - they can make this an event at Rogers with 40,000 - especially if we draw a Mexican team. At BMO? Well it's a good job they pre-sold this game to SSH. Sure, many in the south end will go - but that's really not their decision point.
    Last edited by nfitz; 12-07-2017 at 11:13 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

February game at BMO is crazy.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    It might be winterized enough to build an ice hockey surface on. But unless we have a very mild winter, I don't think the grass is up to it. Might have to replace the pitch after that (or maybe that's the plan).

As we are first seed in the match-up, presumably it will be the following weekend.

What did they do for the Maple Leafs game - weren't they there on New Years Day? Though it ended up being a relatively warm day.

It was about -4. I wouldn't call that well below zero. I think we've actually had colder regular season games.

Average low on December 10 is -2.6; record is -23 in 1876

Average low on February 28 is -4.7; record is -27 in 1846

More importantly, on December 10, we've probably still got a pitch (looking good for Dec 9 this year). On February 28?

If it's floating around zero, or minus 5, it would be great - and watching the Central Americans will be fun.

If it's -20 ... I don't see a rare trip to Rogers is the end of the world.

Economically - they can make this an event at Rogers with 40,000 - especially if we draw a Mexican team. At BMO? Well it's a good job they pre-sold this game to SSH. Sure, many in the south end will go - but that's really not their decision point.
    We can't draw Mexican teams or 3 USA teams,we are in the same pot, we can face only Colorado from MLS teams.

I don't think that MLSE will spend any extra money on Rogers Centre against Dominican or Costa Rica clubs
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    February game at BMO is crazy.
    Anyone who went to the winter classic last year will tell you it's not madness, it's bat shit fucking insanity

At what point does the players union step in and say - ya no it's too fucking cold. just kidding, but actually serious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If these games are at Bmo...We surely will have a home field advantage....As we have played in close to -12C...

I can only imagine the the faces on the mexican and centdal american faces when they arrive in Toronto in February and find out the game is outside..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a
    Messege I was sent moments ago..

BMO FIELD 100percent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    They've definitely laid out sod in the Skydome for international friendlies in the past...
    The temporary grass was put down several times and I think worked okay during summer when the roof could be opened, but the last time (as far as I know) was in November 2013 for a Brazil/Chile match where large chunks of turf became repeatedly dislodged.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Economically - they can make this an event at Rogers with 40,000 - especially if we draw a Mexican team...
    If they had to buy a new artificial surface, I think it may cost millions of dollars and therefore not be financially feasible just for one or two games.
    Last edited by Heepster; 12-07-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its BMO Field folks.. End of 🍺

Always wondered how these Mexican teams would handle a game in Canada in the middle of the winter...I may get my wish

If it works out well...Maybe we should consider playing World Cup Qualifiers outdoors in the winter also.😄

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on our field, in our weather, with our supporters, our fans, and the entire city of Toronto behind us.

BMO

Its going to be epic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    BMO

Its going to be epic
    The Comp has never really took off in MLS..Hopefully with the new format starting right at the round of 16...the city will back it...

Huge prize for the winnet this year....as the Champion will Rep concacaf at the Fifa World Club... If there was any year MLS could win...We are its best hope!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to own this. Have all the players brought out of the dressing room onto the field on a sleigh or something.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't draw Mexican teams in FEBRUARY,we are in the same 1st pot with them.

But yeah,definitely it would be home field advantage against other Central American teams, MLS not so much.