Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAMEDAY FINALLY!!!!!!

LEaving work early today hope to make the march!! My son is pumped!! He went to school out of uniform in his TFC gear today!! I told him its worth the phone call!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally the big day is here!!

Nothing's guaranteed, but I favour our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been almost a month since a home game. I miss BMO so much. Here's to a memorable night and moving on to the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm predicting a 4-1 win. 1 from Bradley. He's on a mission and will come through for us tonight. I'm also expecting a couple from Jozy and maybe one from Morrow who's been very quiet lately. I'm not expecting a goal from Giovinco as the playoffs seem to be his nemesis. He'll run around causing havoc and assisting others to score. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and score a hat trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    It's been almost a month since a home game. I miss BMO so much. Here's to a memorable night and moving on to the final.
    I think this is the first time I have agreed with you . All For One!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Arrival time for a seat? Noon.
    What about just for entry? Would we be okay at 4:30/5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    I was just pulling your leg. I am sure that's fine, most of us actually have to show up for work today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just pulling your leg. I am sure that's fine, most of us actually have to show up for work today...
    Like we're getting any work done and not just hitting F5 repeatedly....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha yeah, I guess I keep forgetting, I'm here on vacation. For most people today is a work day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know last year for the conference final, I got there around 4:30 and couldn't get in the door. It may not be as busy this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gates open two hours before kickoff on special occasions. I suspect if you get there at 5:30 you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha yeah, I guess I keep forgetting, I'm here on vacation. For most people today is a work day.
    Most of us are required to be at work. Some are even working. As someone else noted, Joe's was packed last year for the conference finals, so maybe 430 is good. You'll want to leave by 630 although I am guessing the March is earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of us are required to be at work. Some are even working. As someone else noted, Joe's was packed last year for the conference finals, so maybe 430 is good. You'll want to leave by 630 although I am guessing the March is earlier.
    What day were they on last year though? If it was a weekend, of course it would be be busy early.

On a weekday, im not sure when it would be busy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What day were they on last year though? If it was a weekend, of course it would be be busy early.

On a weekday, im not sure when it would be busy?
    same thing as last year. Tuesday-Wednesday conference finals. I think anticipation for a conference final against Montreal plus the extravagance of the march to the stadium had a lot of people out early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now I have to watch Green Street Hooligans today. Both a blessing and a curse. Thanks for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same thing as last year. Tuesday-Wednesday conference finals. I think anticipation for a conference final against Montreal plus the extravagance of the march to the stadium had a lot of people out early.
    Likely correct. And it was bloody great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gameday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely correct. And it was bloody great.
    It was quite the scene. One of my favorite memories was marching through the tunnel and coming out on the other side linking arms with my dad and thousands of other supporters as we faced down the travelling MTL support in the stands. And then after the final whistle they had to stay and watch us celebrate and had hundreds of people singing "3-0 and you fucked it up" at them from below. Ugh. god I wish I could relive those two nights.

I'm not sure it can be replicated sadly. I don't think this years finals will bring the same level of excitement for a number of reasons that can't be helped. I think it'll be the champions league knockout rounds next year before we see a spectacle like that again.

Can't set Liberty Village on fire everyday now. Gotta make that shit count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what time are we all heading over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was quite the scene. One of my favorite memories was marching through the tunnel and coming out on the other side linking arms with my dad and thousands of other supporters as we faced down the travelling MTL support in the stands. And then after the final whistle they had to stay and watch us celebrate and had hundreds of people singing "3-0 and you fucked it up" at them from below. Ugh. god I wish I could relive those two nights.

I'm not sure it can be replicated sadly. I don't think this years finals will bring the same level of excitement for a number of reasons that can't be helped. I think it'll be the champions league knockout rounds next year before we see a spectacle like that again.

Outside the stadium after that Montreal game might’ve been the most fun I’ve had as a TFC fan. That 3-0 chant was hilarious, and they couldn’t say anything to it because it was completely true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Outside the stadium after that Montreal game might’ve been the most fun I’ve had as a TFC fan. That 3-0 chant was hilarious, and they couldn’t say anything to it because it was completely true.
    I was there for that!

Just remembering I was now though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I was there for that!

Just remembering I was now though...
    i don't remember anything after Ricketts scored, except Osorio kicking the ball up field. And bedlam. What a game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will hasler start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't remember anything after Ricketts scored, except Osorio kicking the ball up field. And bedlam. What a game!
    Haha whenever I rewatch the game I always forget that we scored both those goals before halftime in ET, and there was like a whole 20 minutes of play where we were just out of our minds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hagglund goal is my favourite I ended up on my back in the aisle between 115 and 116 with my phone about 3 rows down lol, that second 15 minutes of ET was bliss I just couldn't stop smiling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully everyone keeps their cool tonight. I would assume that CLB will try their best to wind Gio up by kicking lumps out of him. Best thing, kill this game early.

Prediction: 2-0 Reds.
    Gio and Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, no, it can't.....nothing ever will. Not even the lead up and game of last year's final match could do it.
    Leg 2 v Montreal last year was my '87 Canada Cup, my '93 World Series, my Olympic OT Crosby goal all in one....and I am more than old enough to remember all, but there can never be anything better for me.
    After Cheyrou and Ricketts' goals me and the guys in my section weren't even celebrating, it couldn't even be called that.
    We were all in a circle grabbing fistfuls of whatever clothes we could get our hands on, and just shaking the hell out of each other.
    It was 10 years of sucking the fucking bag coming out of everyone at the same time...the feeling that those goals produced can never be duplicated.

But with that said.....man, I can't wait for tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost a year to the day...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    For me, no, it can't.....nothing ever will. Not even the lead up and game of last year's final match could do it.
    Leg 2 v Montreal last year was my '87 Canada Cup, my '93 World Series, my Olympic OT Crosby goal all in one....and I am more than old enough to remember all, but there can never be anything better for me.
    After Cheyrou and Ricketts' goals me and the guys in my section weren't even celebrating, it couldn't even be called that.
    We were all in a circle grabbing fistfuls of whatever clothes we could get our hands on, and just shaking the hell out of each other.
    It was 10 years of sucking the fucking bag coming out of everyone at the same time...the feeling that those goals produced can never be duplicated.

But with that said.....man, I can't wait for tonight.
    Well said. And I wouldn’t want them to be duplicated. Let’s make more special moments and enjoy them in their own right!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy