Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We were sitting on the north touch line and had the perfect view of that sequence in the 86th minute. How did Columbus not score there? I need to see that again. I think it was an unreal whiff, 99 times out of 100 that ball is in.

The gods smiled on us tonight.

and the gods smiled on them to a degree - we did have other chances that could have put the game further out of reach - never the less it was too close for my heart health

i have to admit i love the fact that we can grind it out - how many years have we watch the opposite ??

2 years Eastern CHAMPS!!

Love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old TFC would have given up the goal in the last second. One moment of fortune we are due. Frankly if they had scored that goal in the 84th minute.. I think that this group would have scored the second if they needed it. They are really very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Great win from the boys but i still think there missing that spark.

Ive also come to an assumption that giovinco does not want to play at all in the cold. Anyone else notice that?
    Just watched the second half again...and frankly I've wondered about Giovinco in the play-offs in general. Whether he really has that big game cup winning mentality. Watching the goal again - and as much as Vasquez's pass was brilliant it was Gio that made the goal. He had no business winning that long ball..but the hold up and flick to Vasquez is immaculate. It was a beautiful goal - and Gio did the job. Would love to see him score a few next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is this playoff format is not good. if columbus scored we were screwed.
    i cant put my finger on it exactly but this playoff format with away goals winning makes for very strange soccer.
    just something wrong, any thoughts??
    Last edited by stevep; 11-30-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Our season-long possession play has disappeared in the last 4 games. We plain got lucky tonight and left Columbus kicking themselves. Vasquez was mostly off his game, but whatever it takes!
    i know,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Steffen penalty save was huge. Vasquez took a good penalty and 9/10 times that's a goal. Our second goal would have made for a comfortable game. Very good keeper...last year we lost because of Frei. This year we are a lot better and there can be no repeat. We are the best team in the league - there are other very good teams Columbus is excellent. The margins are tight. Now there is only one more thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i think it is this playoff format is not good. if columbus scored we were screwed.
    i cant put my finger on it exactly but this playoff format with away goals winning makes for very strange soccer.
    just something wrong, any thoughts??
    I think you said it. It's the playoff format. When the stakes are so high it encourages conservative football. World Cup games are no different. Later stage CL games are no different.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were sitting on the north touch line and had the perfect view of that sequence in the 86th minute. How did Columbus not score there? I need to see that again. I think it was an unreal whiff, 99 times out of 100 that ball is in.

From the replay, it looked like one of the Columbus plays got a head on it. Just enough contact to throw his timing off. But yeah - we caught a break there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think you said it. It's the playoff format. When the stakes are so high it encourages conservative football. World Cup games are no different. Later stage CL games are no different.
    Nothing wrong with the format. Away goal is a better tie breaker than penalties. Their is no question that it is very tense. But their is nothing wrong with the format. Having International breaks in the middle of the play-offs is another matter all together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney ... unreal.

I was screaming at him, get Jozy off! It was obvious to everyone there that the guy was done, we spent close to 10 minutes down a man. What the hell are we doing??!!

Then Altidore goes full Willis Reed and wins the game.

Greg does it again. The guy has horseshoes up his backside!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man what a game, got nervous in the first half Columbus defense was shutting them down. The goal was such a nice goal!
    See you all Dec 9th!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Nothing wrong with the format. Away goal is a better tie breaker than penalties. Their is no question that it is very tense. But their is nothing wrong with the format. Having International breaks in the middle of the play-offs is another matter all together.
    I just mean games in a playoff format of any kind produce conservative soccer because the stakes are so high. No one wants to lose. The away goal rule is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, we're in the fucking final!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Guys, we're in the fucking final!!!!
    If we can win every game 4-0, then screw it, let's get Aron Winter back here.

:-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can win every game 4-0, then screw it, let's get Aron Winter back here.

:-)
    HA! I'll see your Aron Winter and raise you with some Preki-ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Seeing USMNT twitter react to Jozy is just beautiful.
    You got my interest. Went over for a look.
    It. Is. Glorious.
    Laughing so hard at some of the stuff in there!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    HA! I'll see your Aron Winter and raise you with some Preki-ball.

I re raise both of you and add some tactical genius from Mr. Short Pants himself Paul Mariner

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I re raise both of you and add some tactical genius from Mr. Short Pants himself Paul Mariner
    We have a winner !!!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nervy and glorious night at BMO Field! The cup will be ours!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best part was when we won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney ... unreal.

I was screaming at him, get Jozy off! It was obvious to everyone there that the guy was done, we spent close to 10 minutes down a man. What the hell are we doing??!!

Then Altidore goes full Willis Reed and wins the game.

Greg does it again. The guy has horseshoes up his backside!
    I would have taken him off......and thats why im not coach of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    "Get rid of Cooper" "Cooper sucks" "Cooper hogs the ball"

Armando was incredible tonight and is the kind of player that is perfect for the playoffs. He frustrates teams and is very physical.

Onto the final
    he had a miracle game and he knew it. he sat in that mid field by himself reflecting how busting his ass all season finally paid off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game did nothing for my blood pressure!! We looked really flat footed and slow in the first half and boy we were lucky not to concede. Once we switched to 4-4-2 in the second half we looked much better. Vazquez again with the assist for the game winner, super wee ball to Jozy who finished while playing on one leg - what a legend!
    It was the other end from me but how the hell did Columbus miss that chance right at the end? Seemed like a simple tap in for him but hey....you need some luck to get this far.

Bring on Seattle(Unless Houston pull off a miracle tonight) it's time for redemption boys!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got so drunk last night I went home and looked for Seattle Houston stream for 30 minutes.

Then laughed myself to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Got so drunk last night I went home and looked for Seattle Houston stream for 30 minutes.

Then laughed myself to sleep.
    Nice lol

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kamara is an awful striker. Shockingly bad. I am left wondering how the hell he scored 18 goals. He was terrible against us in both games.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://torontosun.com/news/local-new...an-in-brampton

To all our fans. Please be safe when driving home or whatever. An unlucky tfc fan died last night when he crashed into a tractor trailer. R.I.P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did we play the entire first half up the left side? Beitashour was open and calling for it constantly but the ball kept going up the middle or out to Morrow. The few times it did get to Beits he had no support to run a give and go... (I'm wondering if they were trying to exploit a perceived Columbus weakness, or if it was blindness)

Also, Osorio wasn't bad. Our movement off the ball was terrible, so he had no targets. He also had a penalty denied in the first half (deliberate trip) that was extremely well timed. Ref just blew the call.

The switch to 4-4-2 diamond with Delgado changed the game, though. We were initially formed wide and playing narrow (my first point), so it made sense to change.

I hate these playoffs. Not because two games is a poor choice, but because there's no rhythm. I remember the Maple Leafs' run in '93 and they had 3 series in a row that went 7 games. It was *every other night* for 6 weeks. THAT's rhythm.

My solution? Every series is 2 games (including the last). You do two games a week. Test the depth. We're only talking 3 series, here (conf semi, conf final, cup final). You could be done before the November FIFA break.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Why did we play the entire first half up the left side? Beitashour was open and calling for it constantly but the ball kept going up the middle or out to Morrow. The few times it did get to Beits he had no support to run a give and go... (I'm wondering if they were trying to exploit a perceived Columbus weakness, or if it was blindness)

Also, Osorio wasn't bad. Our movement off the ball was terrible, so he had no targets. He also had a penalty denied in the first half (deliberate trip) that was extremely well timed. Ref just blew the call.

The switch to 4-4-2 diamond with Delgado changed the game, though. We were initially formed wide and playing narrow (my first point), so it made sense to change.

I hate these playoffs. Not because two games is a poor choice, but because there's no rhythm. I remember the Maple Leafs' run in '93 and they had 3 series in a row that went 7 games. It was *every other night* for 6 weeks. THAT's rhythm.

My solution? Every series is 2 games (including the last). You do two games a week. Test the depth. We're only talking 3 series, here (conf semi, conf final, cup final). You could be done before the November FIFA break.
    I completely agree about the playoffs being stretched out. It's silly. There's no momentum, the buzz in the city is killed by the long breaks and the players have no rhythm.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a night!!....I'm so proud of this team and especially our adopted brothers Altidore and Bradley....

nothing else to say....I'm tired, hoarse, and sore all over...and i'm absolutely loving it!.....see you all on the 9th.....
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 11-30-2017 at 11:59 AM.