Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    People keep saying that Gio doesn’t play well in the cold. Where did people get this narrative? He was very good against Philly and both legs against New York last year in the playoffs. Where he struggles is when there are extended breaks or he gets hurt. He has always played his best when he’s played 5-6 games in a row. That’s just how he is.
    I guess you didnt watch the finals last year the cold doesnt do well with Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Absolutely! Can we stop with this garbage of reading into Giovinco's actions? If he hated it here so much, he would have left already. Contract or not, it would have happened. See Defoe.

If he was disinterested for the trophy celebration, I wouldn't blame him. Accepting crowning the champion via playoffs is one thing, but to receive a trophy for winning a semi-final is rather silly if you ask me.
    This.

He's emotional in his body language (gee golly he might be Italian?), so what. He's a star, he wants to perform and is upset when it's not happening. That's what you want.

Also, when some teams (think NHL there's my fellow Canadians) win a conference, they don't want the trophy at all. They want the big one. He's won this cup before and I'm sure the first one doesn't mean shit to him. It really shouldn't. MLS Cup or bust. That's what we play for, not half measures, the whole thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    This.

He's emotional in his body language (gee golly he might be Italian?), so what. He's a star, he wants to perform and is upset when it's not happening. That's what you want.

Also, when some teams (think NHL there's my fellow Canadians) win a conference, they don't want the trophy at all. They want the big one. He's won this cup before and I'm sure the first one doesn't mean shit to him. It really shouldn't. MLS Cup or bust. That's what we play for, not half measures, the whole thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I guess you didnt watch the finals last year the cold doesnt do well with Giovinco.
    Again like I said, he needs to play play 5/6 consecutive games in a row to start looking like dominate Gio. Look at his CV. Notice when he starts going on scoring streaks? There was that massive break before the conference finals last year. Plus, I would say no attacking player played well in that final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Absolutely! Can we stop with this garbage of reading into Giovinco's actions? If he hated it here so much, he would have left already. Contract or not, it would have happened. See Defoe.

If he was disinterested for the trophy celebration, I wouldn't blame him. Accepting crowning the champion via playoffs is one thing, but to receive a trophy for winning a semi-final is rather silly if you ask me.
    Also worth pointing out that Seba totally was there for the trophy presentation — he was standing at the back next to Vazquez and Morrow, I think, and was certainly not disinterested. Plus, he was pretty front and centre for the drumming.

Come on guys, I know he's tiny and can be hard to see in a crowd, but that don't mean he ain't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 105 View Post
    I think once the league gets to 28 teams, they will go to a single elimination 16 team playoff, like the WC/Euro knockout round system. One round a week would make the playoffs a month long.
    Those are played over two legs. Unless you aren't talking about the qualifiers. I love the two legs, it's just they need to finish the playoffs before the international break, or at least all but the MLS cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Man just looked at the MLS website and lots of whining going on over there. People can't stand that Bradley made that one big save stopping Meram and that Jozy scored the winner. These people need to grow up and get a life. Had a blast yesterday at the stadium although it took me 2.5 hrs to get there from Ajax and it is usually no more than 1.5 hrs usually in rush hour traffic. What the hell was with the east-west congestion in the downtown core yesterday? No good options over the other to get across from DVP to the stadium. I sat on Lakeshore watching a light go from red to green about 4-5 times before I could get through it. Lucky I left as early as I did. I thought we were going to have a sparse crowd at the start because of that but most people made it...amazing. On to the next one...
    GO transit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GO is great if you're on the LS lines, or Stouffville now that they have late night. Next year the Barrie line will have late night also, and if there are downtown-headed trains in the afternoon, it will work for those to the north.

Weekends you could do GO from the north this year, but the only reason that was even a thought was if the parking at Ontario Place was closed (which it sometimes was, but we'd never know it until we arrived)... Traffic on weekends was a non-issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some posts are awfully hard on Osorio, it's like we have to be extra tough on him because he is ours. I am watching a replay of the game. As of 18 minutes, he has been both flawless and effective (and Landon Donovan was earlier saying how he had to play defensively to counteract higuain, so these criticisms of him being too defensive are not shared by knowledgeable soccer commentators). So far, Vasquez, Morrow, Malinga, zavaleta, beitashour, and giovinco have made mistakes. Osorio? None. I don't get the hate, it actually both misses his skills AND what Varney tells him to do, let alone how he is actually playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    GO is great if you're on the LS lines, or Stouffville now that they have late night. Next year the Barrie line will have late night also, and if there are downtown-headed trains in the afternoon, it will work for those to the north.

Weekends you could do GO from the north this year, but the only reason that was even a thought was if the parking at Ontario Place was closed (which it sometimes was, but we'd never know it until we arrived)... Traffic on weekends was a non-issue.
    The supporter I replied to was coming from Ajax. It took her 2.5 hours. GO is the solution. It's an hour and fifteen, always. Never 45. Never two and a half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of 28 minutes, double mistakes from gio, Vasquez, Malinga, Beita, one from morrow, plus the missed penalty. None from Oso, and generally smart play. Perhaps why Varney picks him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 minutes, Osorio loses possession for the first time. Even that was a poor pass to him.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 12-02-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The supporter I replied to was coming from Ajax. It took her 2.5 hours. GO is the solution. It's an hour and fifteen, always. Never 45. Never two and a half.
    Yes, I get that. I was talking to the room rather than to a specific person... cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 minutes, Osorio loses possession for the first time. Even that was a poor pass to him.
    This is good stuff, keep going!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But when Oso has an opportunity to strike the ball at goal he always opts to do a little training ground pass back to Bradley. Oso should come on as a sub to kill off a game with his physical presence and tenacity. just my observation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    But when Oso has an opportunity to strike the ball at goal he always opts to do a little training ground pass back to Bradley. Oso should come on as a sub to kill off a game with his physical presence and tenacity. just my observation
    It seems like his attacking confidence is only up when we're already winning, which is too bad. If he would have a crack at goal early on it could either throw the other team off in seeing him as another offensive threat opening up space for everyone else, or you know, actually score which we know he is capable of doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Agreed...in the box he's piss poor and I always cringe when it lands at his feet and he trips over it or does something else bush league.
    For some reason he only seems to do this in the attacking box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The titanic meme on twitter is absolutely fucking hilarious everytime. Titanic Hoops has to be the best of the bunch though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Agreed...in the box he's piss poor and I always cringe when it lands at his feet and he trips over it or does something else bush league.
    For some reason he only seems to do this in the attacking box.
    Yes... and all this is 100% mental issue, which I think sadly he will never ever could get rid of, if he already didn't until his age and with so much experience under his belt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    The titanic meme on twitter is absolutely fucking hilarious everytime. Titanic Hoops has to be the best of the bunch though.
    Titanic Hoops is outstanding!