Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psersonslly I’d have left Osorio exposed ahead of Edwards. Raheem has the potential to grow whereas with Osorio WYSIWYG, one good game in three and questionable and keeping possession

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck that.

I would submit my retirement papers to the league office and go to Europe.

How the fuck can you go from to TFC to Montreal.

I know we don't have the Celtic VS Rangers rivalry but this is fucked up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Fuck that.

I would submit my retirement papers to the league office and go to Europe.

How the fuck can you go from to TFC to Montreal.

I know we don't have the Celtic VS Rangers rivalry but this is fucked up.
    ask Issey Nakajima-Ferran. Or Kyle Bekker (via Dallas)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Daniel Lovitz. Dominic Oduro.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oduro seemed pretty happy in the 2016 East final with Montreal
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Psersonslly I’d have left Osorio exposed ahead of Edwards. Raheem has the potential to grow whereas with Osorio WYSIWYG, one good game in three and questionable and keeping possession
    I would've left Delgado. Easy replaceable.

All in all you can't replace hometown players. You can only do it with HG players who are ready to step up.

... Nvm check edit.
    Last edited by Shway; 12-12-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Forgot he's automatically protected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players come and go.but that is really greasy from a slimey team,to steal one of our own like that,develope your own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    I would've left Delgado. Easy replaceable.

All in all you can't replace hometown players. You can only do it with HG players who are ready to step up.

... Nvm check edit.
    i agree...we have a few mids on the farm but no left foot wingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raheem has more potential then Osorio, and we could use some cheap wingers. Makes sense Bez, good job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our management team built the best team in league history, but two days later it’s “what a bunch of idiots”.

It's actually hilarious.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that we will miss Edwards however it shows management knows what they are doing if we recently won the cup lets see some moves in the future and continue to support our club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I don’t think Raheem is ready for Europe if we’re being honest. Best case scenario is he demands a trade from the poutine eaters and downs tools if one isn’t forthcoming

Asfor Ciman I’m sure the medical facilities in LA are second to none, especially not Quebec
    For developmental issues .. it's not so much medical facilities that are important. It's specialized therapy, community programs etc. And for this type of thing, language is crucial. I am saying this as a mental health social worker, who has also provided support to a number of folks with dual diagnosis (mental health + developmental issues). Services in this area are atrocious in much of Canada ... I have since left the field to pursue a PhD but my blood still boils at thought of my past clients with agencies passing the buck and the lack of resources. If what Ciman has in Montreal is something that works for his daughter and family, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the city and even consider hanging up my boots. It'll be an immense struggle getting what he needs in LA. Fuck MLS and Montreal for putting him in this position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Edwards a ton but when comparing him to Hags Zavs and Oso we have to keep in mind that we are competing for hardware now and those three have bigger roles than Edwards currently does. Edwards has a lot of upside but he's still raw, the other three are further along, have bigger roles and are more likely to feature in our game day lineup especially in a big game situation.

i do hope Bradley gives his dad hell over xmas dinner for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I know that we will miss Edwards however it shows management knows what they are doing if we recently won the cup lets see some moves in the future and continue to support our club
    True – we may have a big signing coming up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our management team built the best team in league history, but two days later it’s “what a bunch of idiots”.

It's actually hilarious.
    I don't see that here. Some people pissed about the whole expansion draft idea. Some people pissed about LAFC. Some people don't like the Impact in general, and their treatment of Ciman in particular. Some people sad to lose Edwards. Most realize that we were bound to lose somebody of value. Only about 4 or 5 of approx. 180 posts in this & the "thank you" thread suggest they should have exposed somebody else other than Edwards. Nobody said "idiots" or anything close to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Greg Sutton. Or captain caveman... I mean Adam Braz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sad to see Raheem go but i trust that Bez and Vanney probably saw this coming. I have a feeling they have their eyes on someone and with the TAM going up they may be looking to make a splash in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Fuck Montreal. Ciman is absolutely PISSED on Twitter, he's gone full Ozzie Alonso
    WOW, because of this post I googled Ciman's Twitter, and though I understand just a little bit of french, I could understand that all the Montreal fans who commented there, are outraged because of this deal!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I don't see that here. Some people pissed about the whole expansion draft idea. Some people pissed about LAFC. Some people don't like the Impact in general, and their treatment of Ciman in particular. Some people sad to lose Edwards. Most realize that we were bound to lose somebody of value. Only about 4 or 5 of approx. 180 posts in this & the "thank you" thread suggest they should have exposed somebody else other than Edwards. Nobody said "idiots" or anything close to that.
    Fair enough. I saw a bunch of posts (mostly in the other thread, as I look back), and they bugged me.

I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Obviously as a TFC fan I am upset to lose Edwards to a rival... but I am more upset for Ciman because of this. LA will not be able to provide the environment and treatment he needs for his daughter. So much of treatment for developmental issues are outside of the hospital, and in the community, and language will play a big role. This is something potentially to retire over, it's family after all.

The one-sided nature of the North American trade system really needs to be reassessed.... workers should not be treated like chattel. And Impact management should also be accountable for this ... the game shouldn't always be the most important consideration.

Gutted for Ciman over this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I like Edwards a ton but when comparing him to Hags Zavs and Oso we have to keep in mind that we are competing for hardware now and those three have bigger roles than Edwards currently does. Edwards has a lot of upside but he's still raw, the other three are further along, have bigger roles and are more likely to feature in our game day lineup especially in a big game situation.

i do hope Bradley gives his dad hell over xmas dinner for this
    Christmas Dinner banter:

Hey Dad - pass the gravy....and how about returning Edwards too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Raheem has more potential then Osorio, and we could use some cheap wingers. Makes sense Bez, good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Check the post directly above the one you quoted. Maybe my meter is off, but I detect a heavy dose of sarcasm in it. Maybe it's just one guy, but it would seem that there are still those that question whether Bez knows what he's doing despite having put together the best team in MLS history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    For developmental issues .. it's not so much medical facilities that are important. It's specialized therapy, community programs etc. And for this type of thing, language is crucial. I am saying this as a mental health social worker, who has also provided support to a number of folks with dual diagnosis (mental health + developmental issues). Services in this area are atrocious in much of Canada ... I have since left the field to pursue a PhD but my blood still boils at thought of my past clients with agencies passing the buck and the lack of resources. If what Ciman has in Montreal is something that works for his daughter and family, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the city and even consider hanging up my boots. It'll be an immense struggle getting what he needs in LA. Fuck MLS and Montreal for putting him in this position.
    Should've had a no trade clause...I thought DPs automatically do.

Raheem had tremendous upside...I hope they're doing everything to get him back.. Fuck the Impact they're probably asking for a lot to trade him back to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Should've had a no trade clause...I thought DPs automatically do.

Raheem had tremendous upside...I hope they're doing everything to get him back.. Fuck the Impact they're probably asking for a lot to trade him back to us.
    A lot of players from outside NA don't realize that trading players is a thing when they come here, so they don't realize they need that. And if their agent isn't familiar with the league either and doesn't do their job properly and do the homework, the player signs a contract thinking they're signing for X team and doesn't realize they're actually signing for the league, who can send them wherever the hell they please. This isn't the first time an international player has been blindsided by the fact that they can be traded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    A lot of players from outside NA don't realize that trading players is a thing when they come here, so they don't realize they need that. And if their agent isn't familiar with the league either and doesn't do their job properly and do the homework, the player signs a contract thinking they're signing for X team and doesn't realize they're actually signing for the league, who can send them wherever the hell they please. This isn't the first time an international player has been blindsided by the fact that they can be traded.
    That's some next level laziness by the agents...bare minimum research on North American leagues would make you aware of the trade business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Ciman scores against them in Montreal and the fans ring the bell for him (on the off chance they are scheduled to play in montreal and not the reverse)

dirty play from the disgusting limp-act FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why anyone expected anything less from Saputo. I for one am none too surprised that the mobbed up team decided to cut their captain off at the knees.

I feel horrible for Ciman and his family. He did take a fairly large pay cut to come to Montreal to care for his daughter. Frankly disgusting what they've done to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one funny thing to all this is Bob Bradley traded for a bald dude nicknamed Le General