Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baumer22 View Post
    Would like to hear opinions on what people think the odds of players like Beitashour, Ricketts, Cooper, and Moor coming back next year? I think they have earned to stay here.
    Beitashour and Moor are both Free Agents and out of contract.. LA picking a Free Agent would be silly as they would still have to negotiate a salary with them. So they are basically protected.

Ricketts is a Canadian.. and I believe will still count as an international in LA. As such basically protected you don't waste an international slot on a 3rd striker (Bradley I'm sure is bring in bigger guns upfront) And even if he doesn't count as an international... Irwin is open.

Cooper is not really needed and with TAM increases can be replaced without issue. He can hold up play but he takes way too many touches and often looses the ball because of it. Nice player to sub in at the end of a game but... Same thing though selecting a international that may not fit what Bradley is trying to do may not be a great idea. So he is likely safe as well.

Irwin is the most likely person that was left unprotected that would be chosen I think. He is an excellent Keeper that lost his starting place to Bono only because of Bono learning fast and earning the position.

I'd like to keep everyone to be honest. Irwin is a good piece to keep Bono sharp as he develops.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC takes Jeff Attinella as GK from Timbers. And picks one of TFC midfielders as sub/depth.

Int spots are easily tradeable in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Well - I'd have a chat with Bradley. If he wants to go an play for his Dad then I wouldn't get in the way. I doubt that they would want to do that. In that case I'd leave him unprotected.
    Insaniy! Bradley is the single most reason we have just enjoyed the season we have. We can get by without Jozy for a game or two, the same can be said of Seba. However when we play without Bradley were lost. If you let Bradley go then you might as well rip up our entire squad and start from scratch again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jeffrueter
    #MLS sources telling me to expect #LAFC to trade expansion picks rather than draft players for their inaugural roster. I'm preparing for a lot of shop-talk tomorrow.
    3:28 PM · Dec 11, 2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards named to list of 9 intriguing players available in draft:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...ampaign=unpaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would have protected Hassler ahead of Osorio but otherwise pretty much as expected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our unprotected list has several players that could be in the starting eleven of most MLS clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Insaniy! Bradley is the single most reason we have just enjoyed the season we have. We can get by without Jozy for a game or two, the same can be said of Seba. However when we play without Bradley were lost. If you let Bradley go then you might as well rip up our entire squad and start from scratch again

This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    It was more about coming to an arrangement to save another player. If Bradley wanted to got to play for his Dad...you wouldn't win getting in the way. You would however want to make sure that you got something valuable in return. All a moot point though...looking at what this season meant to those guys tells me that they are here for the long term. We will have a very stable core for next season. Making it better with a couple of additions and watching the young lads develop that much more...someone is going to have to come to Toronto and beat us to win the MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think Bradley cares about playing for his Dad. And I would also wager he doesn't want to live in L.A.

You guys maybe forget that for our players who have kids, Toronto is an excellent choice for them. Good quality schools and teaching (for the most part), safe (compared to most American cities), great real estate value, plus, of course, the team and club and the fans etc.

It's the same reason Seba was never going to China. Family comes first.

I don't think any of them would want to give that up now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    @jeffrueter
    #MLS sources telling me to expect #LAFC to trade expansion picks rather than draft players for their inaugural roster. I'm preparing for a lot of shop-talk tomorrow.
    3:28 PM · Dec 11, 2017

Good, I don't want them stealing anyone from our main roster just take the cash... Though seriously I am leaning Edwards or Hasler.... But hearing that this possibility exists makes me happy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle exposed Alonso and he is pissed about it. So are Sounders fans.

https://twitter.com/ozziealonso/stat...43490326601739

If I am Bob Bradley, I wouldn’t ransom him, I just take Alonso first overall and make him my captain, without even blinking.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-12-2017 at 07:25 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see something similar to what happened last year with Irwin happening with Edwards. They pick Edwards, we toss them an expansion pick and some money to get him back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't want to lose Edwards or Hasler. We must have a boatload of allocation after the season we just had, so hopefully Bez can work something out that makes sense.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that they will take Irwin. We'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is Edwards ---cheap contract with lots of potential - that's the kind of player who is valuable to an expansion franchise; they will spend lots on DPs and other such "stars" of their own choosing I would imagine in order to make a splash in the marketplace (they already have started this), but it's the "cheaper" homegrown players (which is why the academy and proper drafting is so important) that really are key in a league with "somewhat" limited payroll constraints (unless you have "Super Bez" running your cap figures).......whether we can trade to get him back (like last year with Irwin) is another thing entirely......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure what Bez has cooked up for this one but without any backchannel stuff they should take either Irwin or Ricketts. Both starters on 90% of teams out there and great pieces to start a club with. Hopefully the international slot will make Ricketts look less attractive. I want him to play but do not want to lose him from our bench with so many extra games coming this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see LAFC sorting out and picking their GKs
    (Irwin from us and Attinella from Portland).
    One experienced GK to start with and one promising back-up that has shown he can play if called upon.

The rest of the picks I see LAFC picking the most high profile left on the board (Yasad from ATL, Alonso from SEA, and Shelton from NYCFC) and either keeping them or shipping them back to their respective teams for a bunch of TAM, GAM and even international spots.

LAFC will probably not pick any of the Free Agents on the board because why would they waste a potential resource for them when the player can sign with any team 30-45 minutes after LAFC picks them (Free Agency opens at 3pm today after the draft -- Fully expecting TFC will announce that Drew Moor has resigned at 3:01pm lol)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I don't really think Bradley cares about playing for his Dad. And I would also wager he doesn't want to live in L.A.

You guys maybe forget that for our players who have kids, Toronto is an excellent choice for them. Good quality schools and teaching (for the most part), safe (compared to most American cities), great real estate value, plus, of course, the team and club and the fans etc.

It's the same reason Seba was never going to China. Family comes first.

I don't think any of them would want to give that up now.
    And the reason Vazquez left Mexico. He didn't feel happy for his family

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that Hasler will get taken. I heard that his contract was back ended and he was due for a large raise next year. If this is true he's not likely to get taken.

I think the real treats to lose are Edwards, Irwin or Cooper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the live feed for those who are interested.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A goalie with the first pick, so maybe Irwin isn't on the list--does that mean Raheem?

Tyler Miller from Seattle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle must have worked out a deal on Alonso.

So Irwin won't be going.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 picks and so far no Edwards! Or any TFC player...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, they have to take someone from us. We've left a lot of talent out there for them that would help them immediately. I'll be very surprised if they don't grab one from us. 2 picks to go...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More one pick to go ...

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raitala? Seriously? A 29 year old international?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Raheem

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edward is gone

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch! They took Edwards :-(