Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default General Admission in 112

How has everyone found the seating for the playoffs?

There seemed to be, predictably, a few tourists blissfully unaware of the unspoken rule of make room. I feel it's going to be worse next game.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to move a couple of times due to people saying we were in their seats. Also people not making room. Wasn’t terrible, but you could tell there were a bunch of first timers there. Really hoping it doesn’t get worse for the next game.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Had to move a couple of times due to people saying we were in their seats."
    Is 112 a full fledged supporters section? Why not call out the scalpers?
    Also...was security tight? Could it be the fans buying GA tickets sneaking into these supporters sections? That ruins it more than the "tourists" buying scalped tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security definitely wasn't tight aside from no standing in aisles as expected.
    Our row had to have had 15 people in it (close to the drum), but wasn't sure if it was just people being pushed a bit due to having to make space for -- which I'm completely ok with.
    We'll see for the next round. It also helps being taller in that area. The girl behind us didn't do too well.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    Had to move a couple of times due to people saying we were in their seats. Also people not making room. Wasn’t terrible, but you could tell there were a bunch of first timers there. Really hoping it doesn’t get worse for the next game.
    That easy problem to solve. Just tell them to go fuck themselves,them and asshole who sold them those tickets without explaining where they are.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    That easy problem to solve. Just tell them to go fuck themselves,them and asshole who sold them those tickets without explaining where they are.
    It's the greedy assholes selling the tickets and the cheapos sneaking into the section (from seats elsewhere) ruining it for everyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*When you crash your browser trying to give reputation points too quickly*

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    *When you crash your browser trying to give reputation points too quickly*
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha! I’ll be doing this next game for sure!
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were in 111 last game and the guy in front of me was fairly chatty with me pregame and reveals he has 2 sets of seasons in 111, 2 in the actual south end, and 3 sets in other areas. Said he resells for ticket face through regular season and inflates them so much in playoffs that the playoff last year paid for his entire group of seasons this year - and the regular season sales this season are just profit he’s pocketing. And says he personally has 4-5 friends that do the same thing. And he says this as if I’d be impressed. My friend butted in before I could say anything and said “that’s fucking greasy. Fuck off”. He was way less chatty afterwards.

forgot to mention: he spent a large portion of the game turned around trying to see who was in the boxes behind us (pregame he mentioned he always sees celebrities and guys from the Raptors, Jays, or Leafs). Fuck this guy. Meanwhile me and my buddies are some of the only ones singing in the top half of 111 - because shitty people like this sell to the shitty people that want “the supporter experience” without contributing to it.
    Last edited by JoeM; 11-14-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    We were in 111 last game and the guy in front of me was fairly chatty with me pregame and reveals he has 2 sets of seasons in 111, 2 in the actual south end, and 3 sets in other areas. Said he resells for ticket face through regular season and inflates them so much in playoffs that the playoff last year paid for his entire group of seasons this year - and the regular season sales this season are just profit he’s pocketing. And says he personally has 4-5 friends that do the same thing. And he says this as if I’d be impressed. My friend butted in before I could say anything and said “that’s fucking greasy. Fuck off”. He was way less chatty afterwards.

forgot to mention: he spent a large portion of the game turned around trying to see who was in the boxes behind us (pregame he mentioned he always sees celebrities and guys from the Raptors, Jays, or Leafs). Fuck this guy. Meanwhile me and my buddies are some of the only ones singing in the top half of 111 - because shitty people like this sell to the shitty people that want “the supporter experience” without contributing to it.
    This makes my blood boil. As a group we have power to change this. I think it should be a top priority in the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes my blood boil. As a group we have power to change this. I think it should be a top priority in the off season.
    111 is an iffy section imo. it is supporter but not supporter all at the same time. its considered supporter during the regular season but then during playoffs the ssh price in there is well above 112 and other south end seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post
    111 is an iffy section imo. it is supporter but not supporter all at the same time. its considered supporter during the regular season but then during playoffs the ssh price in there is well above 112 and other south end seats.
    Same as the upper half of 110

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Same as the upper half of 110
    Upper half of 110 sings all game. I was in 111 once and it was quiet - I was about mid level on the left side almost on the rail. My SSH seats are in 109 and we sit and some of us sing - my wife and I and the guys in the rows behind us. We take our ques from 110 guys, with the drum at the very top, even if we're off by half a beat most times...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 111 and I'd say that's a fair assessment. The pricing for 111 has also been disproportionately raised for a number of years now, for regular season as well. We pay more than the South End Supporters year round.

Our playoffs seats are priced the same as 225, btw.

I think we do a decent job of participating in the cheers, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I'm in 111 and I'd say that's a fair assessment. The pricing for 111 has also been disproportionately raised for a number of years now, for regular season as well. We pay more than the South End Supporters year round.

Our playoffs seats are priced the same as 225, btw.

I think we do a decent job of participating in the cheers, IMO.
    The bottom of 111 does participate - I'll give them credit for that. The top was nearly silent, though. Countless people on their phones recording the south end (grrrrrrr) and chatting. There were a few up there singing with us, though. I'm hoping most of the tourist type get a ticket once, get their fill, and decide sitting is best for them and move elsewhere in the future.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am one of the drummers at the top of 110, we try and follow 112 and 113 as best we can but can be a beat off once in a while as it's sometimes hard to follow visually.....apologies.
    We do our best to keep things rolling up top, but do find that often people are lacklustre and do not join in the chants all the time. It would be great if we could get a few more drummers in 111/110 to assist!!
    We will keep on with our drumming and singing in the hopes that more and more people join us!!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post

That is frustrating to read. Would kill for my seasons to be with you guys so I could sing with ya instead up in the 200's where not even the SSH in my row sing anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in mid 111 and try to do my part but sometimes even I can't be bothered when no one around me feels like joining in. That said most of the people in my immediate vicinity are regulars and will do their part as well. However there is a section of seats below me maybe row 11-14 that must be owned by some scalpers because I definitely see new faces there all the time. This obviously doesn't include Ken and his guys making noise along the railing. Top of 111 I have no idea what it's like as I don't often turn around to look, but rows 16-19 we try and do what we can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I should have been more clear. The idea of scalpers in any section including 112 is infuriating.

People at the bottom of 112 dont really have to deal with tourists and scalpers. We at the top are moved around constantly with no back up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I should have been more clear. The idea of scalpers in any section including 112 is infuriating.

People at the bottom of 112 dont really have to deal with tourists and scalpers. We at the top are moved around constantly with no back up.
    I get a ton of randoms around me at the drum. Makes it very hard to follow the capo and do what I need to do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renda-10 View Post
    I get a ton of randoms around me at the drum. Makes it very hard to follow the capo and do what I need to do
    I'm wrong again then.

It's a problem all over the section then haha. But yeah, I would love to brainstorm ways to make this better.

Again, I look at 114 and they have pull. If you have a seat in 114 row 3, you aren't getting to it. If you have 112 row 13 and show up 30 mins in, everyone has to move.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 11-15-2017 at 01:27 PM. Reason: edit: further discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first 3 rows in 111 sing for sure, can't comment on the rest. I've lost my voice many at time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC there was a guy with a ticket for Row 1 last game who was looking for his seat.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need control of those scalper 112 tickets!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    The first 3 rows in 111 sing for sure, can't comment on the rest. I've lost my voice many at time.
    Respect to the first few rows in 111! You guys have held it down since day 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding that 112 Row 13 seats 1, 2 and 5 are currently on Stubhub.

This has to stop.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here. I am in 111 row 8 seat 9-11
    seat 12-13 just show up on stubhub with $150usd/each