Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least we finally know now. Time to get on with the business.

Can't wait for next week!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On what planet did it make sense for the games not to be played on the weekends? MLS is exasperating sometimes...often...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this game takes yet another twist. It looks like the final nail in the Crew to Austin coffin was hammered in last night as the city basically told Precourt to shove it and they are refuse any future communications. The emotion level in this game will be very high. We have to keep our heads, play tight at the back and make our chances count.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...mbus-mayor-mls

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    On what planet did it make sense for the games not to be played on the weekends? MLS is exasperating sometimes...often...
    TV ratings last season were significantly up for midweek playoff games at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll have had 16 days between games. Sorry but this Int'l break just completely takes any and all wind out of the playoff hype sails.

Weather issues/etc aside, the playoffs just simply run on far too long.

(sorry for the saltiness, but I'm super sour about the whole Jozy thing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/bradle...ended-1.916484

Click the link to listen to Michael Bradley today on TSN 1050 radio being interviewed and explaining what exactly happneed in tunnel club area.

Pretty much sounds like Canadian ref Silviu Petrescu is a complete moron. And the independentire panel and MLS are no better.
    WOW. HOLY CRAP.
    He's walking a very fine line with some of his comments.
    I mean, if what he's saying is true, and no reason to think it's not, this is a bona fide scre* job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petrescu and Toledo tow the line of incompetence amongst the refs in this league. Add Penso to that list now. With him and Petrescu both involved it was always going to be a complete disaster. Let’s just hope things don’t get out of hand in Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Petrescu and Toledo tow the line of incompetence amongst the refs in this league. Add Penso to that list now. With him and Petrescu both involved it was always going to be a complete disaster. Let’s just hope things don’t get out of hand in Columbus.
    Don't expect anything in our favour from VAR in Columbus with Gantar in that role. He's another PRO gem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    Don't expect anything in our favour from VAR in Columbus with Gantar in that role. He's another PRO gem.
    Looks like we get Jair Marrufo as ref for the second leg at BMO. He's one of the better ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are missing two of our best players , who are we kidding boys this is not good, name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem, this is not good and I’m not seeing a happy ending here, with Columbus on a role and with the threat of relocation has so much incentive behind them, this could get ugly and by the time this series gets back to BMO I’m getting the feeling this series will already be over I’m thinking a 3 to 4 nothing drubbing by Columbus in the first game, this is not the regular season it’s the fucken playoffs you can’t go into fucken Columbus without your two of your best players and expect to get a result that keeps you in the series with a realistic chance in the second game at BMO missing these two players is not good .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    We are missing two of our best players , who are we kidding boys this is not good, name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem, this is not good and I’m not seeing a happy ending here, with Columbus on a role and with the threat of relocation has so much incentive behind them, this could get ugly and by the time this series gets back to BMO I’m getting the feeling this series will already be over I’m thinking a 3 to 4 nothing drubbing by Columbus in the first game, this is not the regular season it’s the fucken playoffs you can’t go into fucken Columbus without your two of your best players and expect to get a result that keeps you in the series with a realistic chance in the second game at BMO missing these two players is not good .
    Except that even without our two best players, we are still better than Columbus...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also lets not forget that we have the best defense in the league, yes SKC got a better GA but they didn't play the offensive game we do.

Defense win championships, its time for our defense to step in a prove that we are the best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I re-watched both games Vs NYRB and I've come to the conclusion that as long as Mavinga is healthy we'll be just fine. This man is a beast, wins everything and by far our best defensive player. In both games , As soon as he got banged up in the first leg and got substituted in the 2nd leg we became shakey in the back.

A healthy Mavinga i predict a draw or 1 goal win in columbus. Ricketts and vazquez will offer a lot of movement up top which is enough for a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict goals from Rickets and Morrow. 2-0 to the Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most of you, I have been watching this team since Day 1. We didn't score until our 5th match. We later went on to break the record of having the longest goal drought. The number of times we gave up leads in the last 15 minutes, the debacle at Giants stadium, the Winters and Cochraines. I was there when 1500 TFC fans went mad in Columbus when we got a draw off an on-goal. We had a revolving door of players and coaches. Defoe begged to leave.

And now we have one of the best MLS teams ever!

The league can allow our players be abused. They can suspend our top strikers. Sure, I say, go ahead. It shouldn't phase us. We've seen it all with this club.

Oh they're taking out Altidore and Giovinco? Thanks for poking the bear. We have Rickets hungry to go in, and he's backed up by local boys like Osorio, Edwards, and Hamilton - all of which can lift weight of our crest.

We have our travelling support, and the team will feed off of it. In the return leg, BMO will be as loud as ever. We will play our part, and the players will play theirs.

Don't worry guys, we got this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living on the other side of the country, getting to see TFC play live is a rare treat for me. After never having seem them score a goal in person in Portland, LA, Toronto and Montreal (although that one was 0-0 to win the Voyager's Cup) I will try my luck in Columbus.

This time expectations of a goal are already low, missing our top two strikers, but to finally see one in these circumstances would be all the sweeter. Sorry for those who think I'm bringing my personal curse, I prefer to think of it as "I'm due".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me to disagree.
    Last edited by Bluenose13; 11-18-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Over the top and aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything can happen for sure. We went down 3-0 in Montreal with Jozy and Seba. That was probably Seba's worst game with TFC, so he might as well not have been there. Maybe not having our best attacking players might mean it's harder for us to score, but I don't see a correlation between not having those two and our ability to defend. Unless it's psychological...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday could not come quick enough. People have found reasons all season long to doubt this team, and time and time again we've watched them demolish that doubt. Best MLS record ...ever. Yet we still search for areas of doubt.
    Sit back and enjoy the show. It won't be like this forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the very least spell Fuckin, correctly, Fuckin Hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm allowed to have an opinion sorry, just stating another view instead of the everything is great and we should not worry about missing two of our best players. I'm just stating an opposite view. Moreover, if we were to crash out here especially in the first game and go on to lose the series what do you think many will blame it on in the end , it will come back to the fact that TFC were missing their two best players that's what the media especially will base it on regardless. Moreover, they will also bring up the fact that Columbus finished the season and so far in these playoffs with some good results and they will bring up the fact that Columbus was extra motivated because of this threat of relocation, so I'm just bringing up things that we should all be very cautious of, we are playing a very dangerous team at the moment and dangerous for a few reasons, so just prepare for the worst because it wont be a surprise if it happened for all of the reasons I've stated. Moreover, I'm a season ticket holder since day one and have spent my hard earned money since day one on this team so I think I can state an opinion even if it's not a popular one sorry there buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me as politely and kindly as possible to tell you I disagree.
    Last edited by Bluenose13; 11-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    On behalf of everyone in this board, in this group, and all TFC fans who are too polite, or worried about their board status, allow me as politely and kindly as possible to tell you I disagree.
    Totally uncalled for. You don't speak for anyone but yourself. Kindly show yourself the door.
    Last edited by Bluenose13; 11-18-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    At the very least spell Fuckin, correctly, Fuckin Hell
    Sorry that was meant to be a joke, nothing about your opinion, and I agree that it will not be a walk in the park.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show yourself the door mate...the whole point of football is that no matter the odds or circumstances you always BELIEVE. FULL STOP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Like most of you, I have been watching this team since Day 1. We didn't score until our 5th match. We later went on to break the record of having the longest goal drought. The number of times we gave up leads in the last 15 minutes, the debacle at Giants stadium, the Winters and Cochraines. I was there when 1500 TFC fans went mad in Columbus when we got a draw off an on-goal. We had a revolving door of players and coaches. Defoe begged to leave.

The league can allow our players be abused. They can suspend our top strikers. Sure, I say, go ahead. It shouldn't phase us. We've seen it all with this club.

Oh they're taking out Altidore and Giovinco? Thanks for poking the bear. We have Rickets hungry to go in, and he's backed up by local boys like Osorio, Edwards, and Hamilton - all of which can lift weight of our crest.

We have our travelling support, and the team will feed off of it. In the return leg, BMO will be as loud as ever. We will play our part, and the players will play theirs.

Amen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post

Right on!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... name me any team in the world that goes into a big game away from home with its two best players missing and their fans still think it should not be a problem......
    Celtic

That's about the relative level of difference between us and the rest of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First away TFC away match booked. Section 208, Row 2. Is there any meetup happening the day of?

3-0 - Ricketts with a hat-trick.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Celtic

That's about the relative level of difference between us and the rest of the league.
    This!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post

Show yourself the door mate...the whole point of football is that no matter the odds or circumstances you always BELIEVE. FULL STOP!
    He’s entitled to his opinion and right to be skeptical. Of course, it would be a good thing if he’s wrong.

We should be worried that CCSC is going to mark Vazquez out of the game with Bradley and completely isolate Ricketts up top. The fact of the matter is not having both Giovinco and Altidore means it’s much easier to plan on how to dominate the midfield and deny service to the forward. Hoofball alone isn’t a way to workaround it.

That does not stop me from bringing my singing voice to Shoeless Joe this Tuesday and I will cheer and sing for them.