Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    Touché! Seriously, yes winning and sexy, silky football has brought the fans back in droves. But diving/embellishing injuries just drives me batty.

I could care less about converting 'Toronto Sun reading, Tim Horton's swigging Daryl', who loves his hockey like a good Canadian kid. But at some point we as a collective have to agree to that the play-acting that goes on in most of the rest of the world is just poisonous for the game and needs to be rid of for good. I'm in favour of using VAR to harshly punishing diving, with fines and suspensions. Easier said than done I know, but one can dream...
    I agree with your sentiment regarding diving, I can't stand it either, but I think with respects to last game the ref is the root cause of everything that unfolded. I agree 100% that Jozy flopped hard on the push, but there was a long build up to that. The elbow to the face he received that went uncalled. Then about 5 minutes prior to the dive, I can't recall if it was a Bono goal kick or a long free kick was played up to Jozy, while the ball was in mid flight Adams (from behind) wrapped both arms around Jozy's chest, locked hands and pulled him sideways prior to the ball arriving. That asshat Penso was staring right at it as was the linesman and both waved play on. Meanwhile if Jozy so much as sneezed near a RB player it was a foul. So even though I disagree with the dive, I understand he had gotten to a point of "Will you please fucking call something!!"

As for Seba, he does go down easy at times, but I only saw 1 time in my opinion that he truly dove and that was the 2 minutes after he received a yellow. I believe it might have been the foul that set up Vazquez's free kick goal. The rest he was getting chopped and pushed. On the no penalty call, Waking the Red has a photo essay, check out photos 8 - 12 and tell me that is not a penalty.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/11...ulls-gallery#8

Yes diving is a part of the game that needs to be eliminated somehow, but when there are situations that cause the build up, you can understand why players need to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    The reason why we even have diving in the sport, at least the majority of times, is because the referees don't see the actual infraction and will only make a call when they see a player fall down. As bad as Jozy's flop may have been, we should not forget that Kleijsten's shove to his chest was on its own a red card offence, which I have seen given at the professional level. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards, etc, are not judged solely on the impact on the fouled player, but mostly depends on the intent of the player.

If I go into a tackle studs up, at knee height, and my opponent has to jump up and over my legs to avoid contact, even if I don't make contact doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a red card. Likewise, you don't need to knock a guy out unconscious to be red carded for an elbow to the head. In Sacha's case, his shove is not even a soccer play, and it's when the play is dead. Had Jozy not fallen, would anyone have even noticed what happened?

If Sacha has a problem with his opponents "going down a little easy" when he shoves them...maybe next time, don't shove your opponent. Just a thought.
    If I'm not wrong, I remember that after the push on Jozy, Sacha walked away and Bradley came up. And you can see Sacha put his hands on Bradley, and give another small push.

It proves your point exactly. Nobody noticed the second push, because Bradley didn't "sell" it. Jozy however, made it known he was pushed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    The reason why we even have diving in the sport, at least the majority of times, is because the referees don't see the actual infraction and will only make a call when they see a player fall down. As bad as Jozy's flop may have been, we should not forget that Kleijsten's shove to his chest was on its own a red card offence, which I have seen given at the professional level. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards, etc, are not judged solely on the impact on the fouled player, but mostly depends on the intent of the player.

This seems to have been completely forgotten by the anti-Jozy crowds in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    This!! Last game proves that it is us against the world.
    It really feels like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On The MLS and other websites the gist of the comments are that Jozy and Michael are responsible for the US not making the World Cup and so... Jozy was responsible for all the shit that happened against NYRB and should be suspended for the next game. That's literally the argument. It is against US soccer fans now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ nobody likes us, we don't care.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    On The MLS and other websites the gist of the comments are that Jozy and Michael are responsible for the US not making the World Cup and so... Jozy was responsible for all the shit that happened against NYRB and should be suspended for the next game. That's literally the argument. It is against US soccer fans now.
    Case in point.

10 times Jozy Altidore was caught being an asshole. Huh.

The reddit thread for it is way worse. Just Mericans blaming Jozy rather than Merica because they can't Merica next summer.

What I actually found interesting is it looks like Adams kicks out at Giovinco. I hadn't see that before.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 11-09-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is against us.....and its glorious. I think having the rest of the league and supporters against us with just galvanize this unit. I also think the adversity we experienced against NYRB will serve us well going forward. Last year everything came so easy in the playoffs for the most part. The last tie was an absolute war and left us scarred. I think that's a good thing going forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    It is a vicious cycle, if the refs do not call, then the players feel like they have to embellish to get a call. And yes Jozy seems to have flopped on the push, but it was a reaction to the ref losing hold of the game.

How about using VAR for the clear goal.
    Unfortunately I've seen this alot during my time as a competitive player and as a recreational player. Whenever I try to "man up" and stay on my feet eventhough I am being fouled, I never get the call. But as soon as I fall I get the call.

It's a double edge sword but I understand why the players do it. I blame it on the refs who aren't consistent and don't call the foul in the first place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    We scored 2 legit goals last game,so why the fuck they implemented VAR if its useless.
    It boggles my mind the lack of VAR used last game. You can only put it down to incompetent refs I think. Maybe stupid rules. The fact VAR was used on Drew Moor vs Atl and nothing used against NYRB is crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking ahead rather than behind, I think we will see Varney employ tactics than nullify the strengths of Columbus, in the same way he employed tactics against NYRB that nullified their strengths (ie pressing, so we gave them the ball up field and pressed them). Columbus relies on Higuain, so disrupting the middle will be important. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 4-5-1. Osorio will almost certainly start. And in that 4-5-1 look for some width and pace, either hasler or edwards. Personally, I love cheyrou but I'd be very surprised if he starts over Osorio given the way Oso is playing and how Vanney has been using him.
    If we can weather the first 15 minutes, I think we are looking good for a result there.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 11-09-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. In fact, the moor call drives me crazy because it couldn't be seen in real time by anyone, the touch was so miniscule, yet the system encourages review: versus the touch on sebas shot for example, or these two goals. It is structured in a way that actually makes the game less fair, since some things are subject to microscopic review and others are not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny that some Columbus fans are whining because they think Vazquez should have a red card for touching the ref last game too and they say MLS it trying to make sure they lose by not giving Vazquez the red. Interesting conspiracy theory. We already lost Giovinco and Altidore and these fans seem still scared about Columbus playing TFC and want more of our players out for the next game. Haha. I hope like hell we shut them out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Indeed. In fact, the moor call drives me crazy because it couldn't be seen in real time by anyone, the touch was so miniscule, yet the system encourages review: versus the touch on sebas shot for example, or these two goals. It is structured in a way that actually makes the game less fair, since some things are subject to microscopic review and others are not.
    Exactly. I agree. Deciding when to use VAR and when not to is just as unfair as the possible missed calls. I thought VAR would make it better but it has been too inconsistent for my liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought some tickets in 207

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 208?

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    Bought some tickets in 207
    should i buy in 208?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a "War of 1812 2017" banner posted at BMO next game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pah...they were chearing Bradly for the goal in the Azteca. They were loudly happy for Alitdore's passing and goal against Costa Rica.

Our team is better. We should win both games. It will be tough sledding against a pretty good offence but I stack our backline against their's anytime.

And, Bradley is right.

Our stadium

Our weather

Our supporters

Our city

I'd have it no other way. Let em hate away, the fools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'd like to see a "War of 1812 2017" banner posted at BMO next game.
    Why? I don't think that makes much sense.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trist15 View Post
    should i buy in 208?
    if there are tickets available ,yes otherwise go 207
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should i buy in 208?
    I could only get 207

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    I could only get 207
    still seeing some in 208, row 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still seeing some in 208, row 3
    Those are resale, you're paying a premium. Buy them if you want I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like:

Ricketts
    Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Osorio - Delgado
    Morrow - Malinga - Moor - Beitashour

Or

Ricketts
    Morrow-Vasquez-Bradley-Oso-Delgado-Beita

Mavinga - Moor - Zavaleta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Exactly. I agree. Deciding when to use VAR and when not to is just as unfair as the possible missed calls. I thought VAR would make it better but it has been too inconsistent for my liking.
    The VAR official should look at every goal. At the very least that should be consistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I find it funny that some Columbus fans are whining because they think Vazquez should have a red card for touching the ref last game too and they say MLS it trying to make sure they lose by not giving Vazquez the red. Interesting conspiracy theory. We already lost Giovinco and Altidore and these fans seem still scared about Columbus playing TFC and want more of our players out for the next game. Haha. I hope like hell we shut them out.
    hahahhah. Too much. Well maybe Morrow should also be suspended and Moor. Just to make things more even.

Funny, the MLSsoccer.com commentary has talked about Crew as a team of desitiny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Unfortunately I've seen this alot during my time as a competitive player and as a recreational player. Whenever I try to "man up" and stay on my feet eventhough I am being fouled, I never get the call. But as soon as I fall I get the call.

It's a double edge sword but I understand why the players do it. I blame it on the refs who aren't consistent and don't call the foul in the first place.
    Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Fuck everybody else After Sunday it is us v the World and I hope Vanney and the boys use that as motivation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

I wonder if FIFA would benefit from the 2-referee system like the NHL. In regards to the lack of consistency fouls, I think many of them also occur because of perspective of the referee. If the referee is behind the play, he doesn't even see a push to the back because the person who is pushing is in the way, but a second ref on the other side would see it. I get this a linesman job as well, but linesmen have their own half plus have to stick with the last defender. A push to the back near the sideline with the ref behind the play and the lineman all the way at the other end goes unnoticed simply because there is no one to see it and the ref has to make a guess: foul or dive based on no visible evidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Always knew that was going to be a tough series, much like this next one.

Assuming Altidore and Gio are both out, one would think that we will see Tosaint take up one of the forward spots... who else gets in?

Edwards?
    Hamilton?
    Spencer?
    Endoh?

Or are we going to see a midfielder take up the spot like we've seen in the past with either Osorio, Vazquez or even Chapman.

Unlike in previous years, our midfield and wingbacks have the ability to get the forwards good looks on net and so we're not entirely reliant on our forward group. With that, I still think we can take something out of Columbus away. Enjoy the game for all you will be going!
    I’d rather we played it cautiously and go with Ricketts up front alone and Vazquez in an advanced midfield role. Possibly bringing in Cheyrou to play alongside Bradley and Delgado and our standard back five