Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

I really don't give a shit what any fan/announcers of this league thinks of us.... If you can't defend your own team then why are you a fan? What are they doing different then any other team would do or compared to teams in anywhere else in the world? They have done nothing wrong. The second part is a quite funny, as winning is what converts people nothing else...

I'm not sure what games you watch but Jozy and Seba get mauled game in and game out and the opposition knows that the ref will not call every single infraction. Jozy due to size is constantly held, grabbed and very rarely gets a call.. If the ref did call any game correctly the defenders would get cards for consistent infringement. But it doesn't happen as most teams wouldn't finish a game with 11 on the pitch. The play where Seba gets his yellow, every angle shows the RB player extending his arms to push him the back, how wasn't that a foul?

But the underlying problem is not our players, but the need for the MLS to some how develop and promote qualified refs.. The majority of what you outlined would not have happened if the Penso had control of the game..
    All of this.

I play rec league. We have a best player who controls the midfield. When he gets hacked and grabbed it sets the tone. When they fouls aren't given despite a heel clip, players go down to sell it (ensure it's called). Then people get angry for diving. It is the same game everywhere.

I bring this up because when i'm running on net and someone throws a hip into my knee and arm into my chest, I can't stay up while going at the speed of a drunk turtle. Imagine doing it with the precision of a professional.

Ref of could have avoided all of this by calling the early clutch and kick fouls. Fuck him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scut farkus View Post
    Haha! I'm always lurking around, Glen
    See you again in Columbus?
    scut farkus,

Dam, it's a week day not sure atm but you never know.

I'll let you know if I go.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all, semi-urgent question, probably the wrong forum, so please forgive me. Are there away supporters tickets left? If so, is there someone I can call to expedite getting a RPB membership so I make sure I lock down tickets?

Flights are booked, and I'd really prefer to sit with you guys if possible, and tickets in the general area look to be running low on Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree to disagree. I fully outlined that I'm aware both players get hacked, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out the league has been cracking down on it since Giovinco joined the league. But from time-to-time, at least once a game, Giovinco gets a pretty soft call outside the box. And more frequently as of late, he's been really throwing himself down in the box. I understand his frustration, and as mentioned, I think the league needs to continue to work on protecting/encouraging skilled players.

The ref without a doubt was exceptionally poor last game. If he maintains control then yes, we don't see the issues happening that we saw that game. And for the record, everyone's aware the type of game the RB had come to play.

Defend my own team? If you condone Jozy's flop on Kljestan then I'm not sure what else to say. He got right up in his face. Utterly embarrassing and I stand by my comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    Hey all, semi-urgent question, probably the wrong forum, so please forgive me. Are there away supporters tickets left? If so, is there someone I can call to expedite getting a RPB membership so I make sure I lock down tickets?

Flights are booked, and I'd really prefer to sit with you guys if possible, and tickets in the general area look to be running low on Ticketmaster.

210 thru 208 are sold out. seats in 207 are still available for purchase through ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zFCl9SmN0

Safe travels to those heading down!

This is what it looked like 8 years ago.

Those were the great old days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to figure out travels details...

Anyone have any info on where TFC Supporters will be meeting before the game in Columbus?
    Are there any buses being arranged from TO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Trying to figure out travels details...

Anyone have any info on where TFC Supporters will be meeting before the game in Columbus?
    Are there any buses being arranged from TO?
    I think the Inebriatti are running at least one bus, think its leaving TO at 5am, sorry I don't have any contact details for them though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    210 thru 208 are sold out. seats in 207 are still available for purchase through ticketmaster.
    Awesome! 207 it is. I hope I'm surrounded by a few TFC fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    If Jozy's red holds up, here's what I'm thinking....

------------------------Ricketts----------------------------
    ------------------------Vasquez---------------------------
    Morrow------Cheyrou---------Delgado-------Beitashour
    -------------------------Bradley---------------------------
    -----Mavinga------------Moor-------------Zavaleta------
    Best possible line-up and shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zFCl9SmN0

Safe travels to those heading down!

This is what it looked like 8 years ago.

Those were the great old days
    those were great times. opened my eyes to what a shit hole city Columbus is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...
    Congrats this is the first post that has angered me in several years. This is what I say.

FIRST FUCK EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE. FUCK THE TEAMS. FUCK THE FANS. FUCK THE CITIES. TORONTO AGAINST THE FUCKING WORLD.

All I will say, is you must be fucking kidding me???? I am a defender and love a physical game, but the blind/biased refs have always let them hack Gio and Jozy and called the slightest touch on us. Jozy gets pushed and punched and tripped and when he muscles someone of the ball of his shoulder he gets called for the foul. Seba cannot help but get frustrated, not only do they not protect him as most leagues would protect their star players, they ignore him and punish him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Congrats this is the first post that has angered me in several years. This is what I say.

FIRST FUCK EVERY ONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE. FUCK THE TEAMS. FUCK THE FANS. FUCK THE CITIES. TORONTO AGAINST THE FUCKING WORLD.

All I will say, is you must be fucking kidding me???? I am a defender and love a physical game, but the blind/biased refs have always let them hack Gio and Jozy and called the slightest touch on us. Jozy gets pushed and punched and tripped and when he muscles someone of the ball of his shoulder he gets called for the foul. Seba cannot help but get frustrated, not only do they not protect him as most leagues would protect their star players, they ignore him and punish him.
    Trane... You sir are truly legendary.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trane is back !
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha sure thing guys. One of the reasons I haven't really come on this board the past few years. There's a small group of people who dominate all topics with their opinions. I don't take it personally. Just the way of the interwebs.

Jozy's flop was pathetic. Period. And Seba has been increasingly bratty. I'm sure I'd agree with you guys on most other subjects.

Peace out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Trane’s posts, but I think ochos is correct in describing the lens through which the league will see this
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha sure thing guys. One of the reasons I haven't really come on this board the past few years. There's a small group of people who dominate all topics with their opinions. I don't take it personally. Just the way of the interwebs.

Jozy's flop was pathetic. Period. And Seba has been increasingly bratty. I'm sure I'd agree with you guys on most other subjects.

Peace out

It was horrendous,real amateur moment for Jozzy
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jozy and Seba in particular lose calls now because they have a reputation for embellishing and talking back to refs. I agree with Trane instinctively but I yhink Ochos is right about how they are viewed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And one more thing (not to stir the pot) but what the hell was he trying to prove with that interview afterwards at the Raptor's game? "And he found out the hard way that he shouldn't do something like that." Like seriously, is that supposed to help the team get your red card rescinded? I can be as hot-headed, posturing of an SOB as anybody on the field, but that's why I'm not a pro... just silly and unnecessary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if Klejstan was red carded on Jozy's flop, would it still have been pathetic?.....I doubt many would've seen it that way....

we've been burned so many times by the theatrics, and I have no problem with our guys "playing the game" if need be....

but its a matter of opinion I guess.....fine line between pathetic and gamesmanship, depending on what the result is.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to quote this again.

Also

Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...
    Converts? Worried about converts? LOL so last decade

boom boom clap solves it all
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 11-08-2017 at 04:03 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Just to quote this again.

Also

Converts? Worried about converts? LOL so last decade

boom boom clap solves it all
    Touché! Seriously, yes winning and sexy, silky football has brought the fans back in droves. But diving/embellishing injuries just drives me batty.

I could care less about converting 'Toronto Sun reading, Tim Horton's swigging Daryl', who loves his hockey like a good Canadian kid. But at some point we as a collective have to agree to that the play-acting that goes on in most of the rest of the world is just poisonous for the game and needs to be rid of for good. I'm in favour of using VAR to harshly punishing diving, with fines and suspensions. Easier said than done I know, but one can dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a vicious cycle, if the refs do not call, then the players feel like they have to embellish to get a call. And yes Jozy seems to have flopped on the push, but it was a reaction to the ref losing hold of the game.

How about using VAR for the clear goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a vicious cycle, if the refs do not call, then the players feel like they have to embellish to get a call. And yes Jozy seems to have flopped on the push, but it was a reaction to the ref losing hold of the game.

How about using VAR for the clear goal.
    Which one?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about we freaking score without worrying about VAR? We had so many chances that went wide or an inch off.

We are due a ton of goals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    How about we freaking score without worrying about VAR? We had so many chances that went wide or an inch off.

We are due a ton of goals.
    We scored 2 legit goals last game,so why the fuck they implemented VAR if its useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 207 as well. See you there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace out
    The reason why we even have diving in the sport, at least the majority of times, is because the referees don't see the actual infraction and will only make a call when they see a player fall down. As bad as Jozy's flop may have been, we should not forget that Kleijsten's shove to his chest was on its own a red card offence, which I have seen given at the professional level. Fouls, yellow cards, red cards, etc, are not judged solely on the impact on the fouled player, but mostly depends on the intent of the player.

If I go into a tackle studs up, at knee height, and my opponent has to jump up and over my legs to avoid contact, even if I don't make contact doesn't mean I shouldn't be given a red card. Likewise, you don't need to knock a guy out unconscious to be red carded for an elbow to the head. In Sacha's case, his shove is not even a soccer play, and it's when the play is dead. Had Jozy not fallen, would anyone have even noticed what happened?

If Sacha has a problem with his opponents "going down a little easy" when he shoves them...maybe next time, don't shove your opponent. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that will be a problem. Rumour has it that 1,000+ tickets have been picked up by traveling TFC support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This!! Last game proves that it is us against the world.