Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind me - if Bradley picks up a second yellow, and it's in the 2nd leg, does he miss the finals, or do two yellows after a conference finals get wiped out regardless?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Vasquez and Ricketts up top, with Vasquez playing Giovinco's role as second striker. Ricketts to use his speed to ensure Columbus doesn't play a high line and try to smother TFC midfield by denying them space.

Let's hope Osorio has one of his better games and don't lose possession easily and be able to link up with Vasquez.

2-1 loss first leg still puts TFC in driver seat for 2nd leg at home. I think Columbus will try to score as many goals as possible in 1st leg and ride out the storm in 2nd leg.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Remind me - if Bradley picks up a second yellow, and it's in the 2nd leg, does he miss the finals, or do two yellows after a conference finals get wiped out regardless?
    Finals are clean slate. If he picks up another yellow at home against Columbus it is moot. If he picks up a red, however, I believe he is out.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard the Crew are only giving us 200 tickets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200 tickets? What's stopping people from buying directly on Ticketmaster? I see tons of seats available already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke to the Crew ticket people yesterday... Section 210 is the away section dedicated to TFC (but only for the supporter groups which they would distribute through TFC), I purchased my tickets in 209 on Ticketmaster last night....

Montreal did the same thing when we played there for the knock out game a couple of years ago. They were only going to sell tickets to away fans that were part of a supporters group. I just bought tickets in the next section over and then went and sat in the away section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    true on the first point, but it seems like he's getting the call a lot less now.....

but I don't think hitting the gym would do any good for his speed....would probably make it worse, though he should in theory be a bit stronger on the ball....
    and as long as we have Vasquez, he wouldn't be able to play AM either.....they'd take up the same space....

when he's running at defenders it doesn't seem to be a problem.....where I've noticed it most is when he gets the ball over the top or just on the shoulder of a defender....just doesn't pull away like before....
    in any case, this time off can only be good for him imo.....

also worth noting is that hopefully this time off slows the Crew's momentum down a bit....
    squats and box jumps will help his explosiveness (might slow down his full stride run though).

Gio could use some leg mass, hes got all those marketing gigs lined up no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    I heard the Crew are only giving us 200 tickets.
    Section 210 looks to hold about 400 & we have the whole section.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    200 tickets? What's stopping people from buying directly on Ticketmaster? I see tons of seats available already.
    Nothing stopping them...buy buy buy. 209 is either being held as well or already sold out, 208 is mostly sold out. I purchased tickets for my group in 208, that corner of the upper level will be all TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Our section holds about 400, at kick-off there will likely be 600 in the section...lol
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those buying seats, this was on the Crew Bigsoccer forum "code for discounts takes those $50 tickets to $38 PLAYOFFS3"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I think bit NYCFC in the ass, got Montreal last year, and very nearly got us in the NY tie, is losing focus in the second half of the first leg.

Teams keep getting the strategy in this situation wrong. It's not the end of a game, stop playing as though it is.

Use all three subs by the 70th minute. Get fresh legs out there. If the other guys are pressing to score, don't go into a shell. Get them on the counter.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone link where to buy in the away section? Need to buy for a group of us going down.

Apparently 210 and 209 are sold out. 208 is about sold out too. Is that where TFC fans are buying? From 208-207?
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 11-07-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if there are busses going to Columbus for the game? Someone set up a bus last year that I found through the forum that went to Montreal. Was hoping to do the same this year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-watching the nyrb game on pvr and my gosh Steven Caldwell is a tool. You'd never guess he's a tfc commentator. Sometimes I wonder what game is he watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Honestly we can win any game with one of Jozy, Giovinco or Vazquez on the pitch. We'll be okay.
    Yes, I agree with that. If Vazquez influences this game I feel like away goals are still there to be had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Can anyone link where to buy in the away section? Need to buy for a group of us going down.

Apparently 210 and 209 are sold out. 208 is about sold out too. Is that where TFC fans are buying? From 208-207?
    Got a call from someone with the Crew just before the knock out round looking to sell me tickets. He had my contact info on file from when I had organized some away trips in 2007 and 2008. He said I could call him for seats in the away end if we ended up playing them. Joseph at (614) 447-4282.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post

208 appears to be sold out now as well... Maybe just buy in 207 if you want to ensure you have tickets close. Looks like that whole upper corner will be TFC support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called the ticket office at the Crew -- they're holding 210 and 209 for away support (for now). Then it may be up to TFC to distribute/sell. Tickets aren't available to the public yet -- guessing that they're figuring out the best way to offer them (supporters groups, etc.). I'm sure details will be made available soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Re-watching the nyrb game on pvr and my gosh Steven Caldwell is a tool. You'd never guess he's a tfc commentator. Sometimes I wonder what game is he watching.
    +1. The worst.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scut farkus View Post
    Called the ticket office at the Crew -- they're holding 210 and 209 for away support (for now). Then it may be up to TFC to distribute/sell. Tickets aren't available to the public yet -- guessing that they're figuring out the best way to offer them (supporters groups, etc.). I'm sure details will be made available soon.
    scut farkus been to long man

Love it.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post
    scut farkus been to long man

Love it.

GlenM

Haha! I'm always lurking around, Glen
    See you again in Columbus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The narrative of it all might set Bill Archer to spontaneously combust. I'm not sure many would be sorry for it.

Let this be his final Battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Finals are clean slate. If he picks up another yellow at home against Columbus it is moot. If he picks up a red, however, I believe he is out.

That is correct. The only way to miss the final is via red card. Yellow card accumulation does not apply.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    You know what....I really liked him as our defender. I met him before....super guy. Absolutely can't stand him as a commentator. Pisses me off all the time. Not sure if he is just trying to be so impartial that he ends up sounding anti-TFC at times. Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.
    He's a defender. They all think people go down on light touches according them - they've been dealing with flopping and diving in the box their whole career, and getting fouled all the time with no calls. When a defender gets kicked, they can't go down and hope the ref calls the play, it could lead to a goal. A striker going down will just lead to a lost chance.

Not saying he isn't wrong, but that's the mindset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what....I really liked him as our defender. I met him before....super guy. Absolutely can't stand him as a commentator. Pisses me off all the time. Not sure if he is just trying to be so impartial that he ends up sounding anti-TFC at times. Every foul on TFC seems to be a soft foul where TFC go down to easy according to him.
    Yea I echo this. Lovely bloke in person. On air he mixes "proper football man" and trying to be be impartial and it drives me mad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely agree. Bothers me when he calls a tfc foul soft but then the complete opposite for NY. Barely mentions or disagrees with our 2 disallowed goals. "Vazques has to ask the ref to take the free kick early." What the hell no he doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=ochos;1852510]Our guys have been going down easy lately - especially Seba. Pretty much goes for contact each time and then throws himself on the ground. Not saying there's no fouls ever, nor that it's not a natural part of how he's adjusted to other teams defending against him... but for me it's becoming more and more difficult to defend our player's actions.

On a similar note, I think it's perfectly natural to get heated/emotional during big games, and to remonstrate, or even 'whine' a little bit. It's delusional to think that players are going to remain completely calm when they're playing in that high-pressure a situation. Regardless, I'm shocked Vasquez didn't receive a yellow for getting in the ref's face after the no-goal call... absolute terrible refereeing all game, but you can't do that.

Jozy... absolute embarrassment flopping like that on Kjlestan's push. We deserved to be hated on by the entire league for that one. F**king pathetic, really. If we're trying to convert more Toronto sports fans to soccer, that is not going going to set us back for years to come...[/QUOTE]

I really don't give a shit what any fan/announcers of this league thinks of us.... If you can't defend your own team then why are you a fan? What are they doing different then any other team would do or compared to teams in anywhere else in the world? They have done nothing wrong. The second part is a quite funny, as winning is what converts people nothing else...

I'm not sure what games you watch but Jozy and Seba get mauled game in and game out and the opposition knows that the ref will not call every single infraction. Jozy due to size is constantly held, grabbed and very rarely gets a call.. If the ref did call any game correctly the defenders would get cards for consistent infringement. But it doesn't happen as most teams wouldn't finish a game with 11 on the pitch. The play where Seba gets his yellow, every angle shows the RB player extending his arms to push him the back, how wasn't that a foul?

But the underlying problem is not our players, but the need for the MLS to some how develop and promote qualified refs.. The majority of what you outlined would not have happened if the Penso had control of the game..