Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eastern Semis Leg 2- NYRB @ TFC Sunday Nov 5 3:00pm Come and have a go

Come and have a go
    If you think you are hard enough
    But I doubt you are

HERE WE GO!

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ready To Go

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Born Ready for You.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

todays only Tuesday, so many more days to wait till Sunday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, there has been a lot of press about the boos that Bradley and Altidore have been getting in Atlanta and at the Red Bull game last night. I think we should respond on Sunday.

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I was at the Red Bulls game, and I think it is disrespectful, given all those two have given to the USMNT. We should show everyone (including the Red Bull supporters watching on TV) what we really think of these two. I think the TV commentators couldn't fail to pick up on it, and it sends a great message that we have their back.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Hey, there has been a lot of press about the boos that Bradley and Altidore have been getting in Atlanta and at the Red Bull game last night. I think we should respond on Sunday.

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so.
    Well, they did say the boos motivated them.
    So maybe we should just boo them as well?

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the supporters could cheer every time Bradley and Altidore touch the ball on Sunday--at least for the first 15 mins or so. Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I was at the Red Bulls game, and I think it is disrespectful, given all those two have given to the USMNT. We should show everyone (including the Red Bull supporters watching on TV) what we really think of these two. I think the TV commentators couldn't fail to pick up on it, and it sends a great message that we have their back.
    Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also LOVE to see a "Thank You Bradley/Jozy" chant at some point. Particularly in the MLS Finals, as we're minutes away from hoisting the cup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but for different reasons, we should cheer because deserved it on the pitch wearing TFC jersey,otherwise NO. We are not USMNT supporters who think they don't deserve to be booed.

They don't care and IMHO USMNT fans have all the right to boo them,they earned it. Not qualifying to WC2018 will be their legacy,Bradley,Altidore,Dempsey and the rest of that team will be remembered by that epic fail,and they will have to learn to live with that,that one won't be forgotten for a long time.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-stick or railing banner would work as well. Nothing too big to take away from the overall playoff message.

For what it's worth the TFC away supporters started chanting "U S A" to overcome the boos. :-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    2-stick or railing banner would work as well. Nothing too big to take away from the overall playoff message.

For what it's worth the TFC away supporters started chanting "U S A" to overcome the boos. :-)
    This was my thought. Also, I could be wrong, but Dempsey and others aren't getting booed.

The reason they are getting booed is because they are playing in Canada. Full stop. They are easier to disrespect. I still talk about how trash Bernier was in the 2014 qualifying cycle for Canada, but I didn't boo him for any other reason than he plays for a rival.

I think it's hilarious how America is so used to winning at sports, they literally act like entitled kids when something doesn't go their way.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 10-31-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of the abuse the lads are getting, one thing I'd love to do for next year when Atlanta are in town is have a copy of their 'biggest losers' banner but put the faces of everyone who missed a penalty against Columbus on there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Speaking of the abuse the lads are getting, one thing I'd love to do for next year when Atlanta are in town is have a copy of their 'biggest losers' banner but put the faces of everyone who missed a penalty against Columbus on there
    I think we should celebrate our players and put efforts into that than taking shots/making banners that attack those on other teams. Maybe it's the Canadian in me but it just simply a route I would not like to see us take.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "U-S-A" chants at Red Bull Arena were awesome... great job everyone who came!

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    I would also LOVE to see a "Thank You Bradley/Jozy" chant at some point. Particularly in the MLS Finals, as we're minutes away from hoisting the cup.

https://youtu.be/_N54MHq3gfg

This post had me dreaming of an epic Alanis Morrisette thank you for this season…a long list too long to memorize but would be awesomely Canadianiana

How ‘bout we all say TFC thank you?
    For you goals, your penalty shots, and saves?
    How ‘bout showing some love to our man Vanney?
    For teaching us we can do it our way?
    Thank you Bradley,
    Thank you Jozy,
    Thank you Gio all of those amazing goals,
    Thank you Vasquez
    Thank you Bono,
    Thank you Tim Baschenkcoooo for these guys!
    Thank you Ricketts,
    Thank you Morrow,
    Thank you Steven Beitashour too- oh,
    Thank you Drew Moor,
    Thank you Cooper
    Etc…

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any news on Moor and Vazquez yet?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both listed as questionable, not in training today

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Any news on Moor and Vazquez yet?
    Per Molinaro questionable for Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I think we should celebrate our players and put efforts into that than taking shots/making banners that attack those on other teams. Maybe it's the Canadian in me but it just simply a route I would not like to see us take.
    thoughts on a "welcome home Michael and Jozy" sign? Maybe with a Canadian flag or leaf somewhere on it ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the report on Vazquez? Groin, thigh, other? I saw the play, but haven't read anything about what's going on "down there".

Also...let the booing/cheering rest. Support TFC, keep the international nonsense out of it. US isn't the only team that has ever missed the world cup. Jozy and Michael (and others) know we love them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Per Molinaro questionable for Sunday.
    Someone commented on that article to rest VV and Moor and start Haglund and Osorio. I would agree – no point risking them if they're not strictly needed.

Another option would be to switch to a 4-4-2 diamond with Jozy and Ricketts up top, Seba at the tip and Bradley sitting deep, then Delgado on the right and Morrow/Edwards on the left, then some kind of back four that makes sense. That might throw NY for a loop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    What's the report on Vazquez? Groin, thigh, other? I saw the play, but haven't read anything about what's going on "down there".

Also...let the booing/cheering rest. Support TFC, keep the international nonsense out of it. US isn't the only team that has ever missed the world cup. Jozy and Michael (and others) know we love them.

This. Toronto can't exactly claim the high road, in regards to banners/chants, with 100% of the stuff "we've" done in the past either..............
    It's football, unfortunately there's always going to be a less savoury element present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    As someone who suffered through last year's final............... no way in he** do I want to start that sort of banner...... I can think of 1 very big "one up" Atlanta could throw up when we're down there........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Cathal Kelly wrote about it today. Gonads. Also, Vanney is playing mind games, Victor is in.

As long as New York Red Bulls believe there is a slight chance Vazquez won't play on Sunday, they'll have to waste time preparing for that.

So when Toronto coach Greg Vanney spoke Wednesday about Vazquez's fitness, he said, "We have [him] as questionable right now."

Unfortunately, a few minutes earlier, Vazquez had been intercepted in a hallway as he left the club's training facility. When asked if he'd be able to play, he said, "Yes, of course!"

He said it as though the question was not only foolish, but also just a little insulting. Miss the big game? Because of my pubis? Obviously not.
    https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...ticle36802861/

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't heard from Kelly for a while. How nice of him to show interest in our little club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked at a weather report for Sunday, oy vey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Just looked at a weather report for Sunday, oy vey.
    At least it's supposed to be relatively warm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most appropriate way to go would be for us to display giant Canada Citizen and Immigration citizen application forms with their name on them. We should show the ungrateful Americans that if they don’t want these players, we would be happy to have them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...IT0002E-2.pdf?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Haven't heard from Kelly for a while. How nice of him to show interest in our little club.
    His manners were most lovely too. Not once did he call TFC "the FC."