Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Can't blame Gio's Yellow too much that was the Ref so I don't really blame him.. Don't even really blame Bradley too much as the Ref was frustrating though Bradley needs to know when to walk away.

Jozy on the other hand... if we lose due to the Conference Final first leg... Jozy needs to go... he didn't need to be involved in anything that happened there. Jozy gave him self the yellow and the Red was I suspect planned. If Sacha went at Jozy in the hall that was intentional. So that occurred solely because of Jozy. It is disgusting and shameful.
    Giovinco and Bradley both behaved like kids. They got what they deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Hey, leaving the game tonight I was very frustrated, but then I remembered one thing...we won. It was ugly, but we did what we needed to do to advance. There was atrocious refereeing and some not great choices by our players, but WE WON. The goal was to advance and we did. We will start off the series with (likely) Columbus at a disadvantage without Gio and Jozy, but we are deep and I believe that this team will do what they need to do to win. I believe!
    This. I only watched the second half, and even then I am at work so I couldn't focus too much but this is what is most pertinent. Remember when Vieira last year was 10 mintutes away from being regarded as a masterful tactician for playing us physically in leg 1? No one barely does because in the end we came out on top.

We can still come out on top in the ECF, as the Crew and NYC do not seem anymore superior than the Red Bulls. Perhaps a suspension is what our DPs need to grow up.

Whoever suggested we start Cheyrou next game I think has the right idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Yeah the Giovinco yellow I couldn't stand. I'm always against dissent towards the ref, but all it appeared Gio was yelling was he pushed me and gesturing which he does I notice to compensate for his English. I've never seen yellows when watching or playing for a player calling for a non-foul call if they were saying what happened unless he's swearing at the ref or calling him something rude, or he keeps harping on it for an extended period of time. Did not appear Gio was doing that, he yelled out about the push instantaneously; different than the Bradley yellow where he kept harping on it well after the fact and the ref told him to walk away twice (I knew after he kept going after the second warning he was going to get carded.
    Also - if Giovinco were to scream something in the heat of the moment, it's more than likely to be in Italian which I assume the referee doesn't speak so no yellow for me. Bradley deserved what he got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    This. I only watched the second half, and even then I am at work so I couldn't focus too much but this is what is most pertinent. Remember when Vieira last year was 10 mintutes away from being regarded as a masterful tactician for playing us physically in leg 1? No one barely does because in the end we came out on top.

We can still come out on top in the ECF, as the Crew and NYC do not seem anymore superior than the Red Bulls. Perhaps a suspension is what our DPs need to grow up.

Whoever suggested we start Cheyrou next game I think has the right idea.
    Maybe Cheyrou/ Bradley in defensive midfield, Delgado in front of them and Vazquez/ Ricketts up top?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Team officials indicating NYRB came at Jozy in the tunnel. Looking for tapes to send to the league.

After that game, I despise Marsch. Calculated thuggery.
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/1...?autoplay=true

It was interesting to listen to Vanney's post match interview. I wonder if we might have case to appeal either a second yellow or straight red that was given to Altidore. Knowing this league, and its blind defence of its officials, weve probably no chance of challenging it, however it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I dont know if Vanney is referring to official cctv or fan video as it sounds like the melee happened near the area that's visible to fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see if any fans post the fracas to social media in the next couple of hours. And how quick MLS will send a cease and desist order to those companies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find a lot of you extremely over the top...

jozy gets manhandled every game, when he has his back to goal. He had a bad night, he stuck up for Seba on a cheap foul and Sasha is a dick and had been going at Jozy over both legs. All reports is the the NYRB went after Jozy so if he was defending himself how can yiy people rip on him. He is an integral piece of this team we would not be here if wasn’t for him.

Bradley is the leader of this team. He needed to make a point as the ref was terrible. What did he do wrong?

Seba is another player who is fouled all the time and the majority of the game the ref doesn’t call it and he got upset. His first yellow in the first leg is where all of you enraged fans should be upset about. Not today but he scored a goal on Sunday so his stupidity in NY is why he is missing the next match.

To all of you doom and gloom fans who probably haven’t been around when they were shit enjoy it we are in the conference finals

I still like our chances in Columbus with everyone missing. Bring in Ricketts up top and osorio in the middle push Vasquez as secondary striker and win 1-0. Columbus has been riding a lot of luck multiple posts against and a red card. So even with a depleted team we should still be favourex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greg Vanney is hopeful that MLS might review the incident under the stands with Altidore.

“We’ve lost [Altidore and Giovinco] as of now,” said Vanney after the match. “There’s video footage, I think, of what happened in the tunnel. By my estimation, or what I’ve heard, Jozy basically got ambushed in the tunnel and we’ll see where that goes.”

Vanney said he did not see the start of the incident, as he was shepherding frustrated Toronto players off the field. However, he says he has a witness account and that the club is working on getting video of the incident.

“Jozy was followed in and basically confronted,” Vanney said of what he had heard from others. “He turned around, and my understanding is next thing you know there were four, five, six Red Bulls people all rushing him, towards him, at the same time. The rest, we’ll see.”

From "Walking the Red"

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto...ls-greg-vanney
    Last edited by Batman; 11-05-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I find a lot of you extremely over the top...

jozy gets manhandled every game, when he has his back to goal. He had a bad night, he stuck up for Seba on a cheap foul and Sasha is a dick and had been going at Jozy over both legs. All reports is the the NYRB went after Jozy so if he was defending himself how can yiy people rip on him. He is an integral piece of this team we would not be here if wasn’t for him.

Bradley is the leader of this team. He needed to make a point as the ref was terrible. What did he do wrong?

Seba is another player who is fouled all the time and the majority of the game the ref doesn’t call it and he got upset. His first yellow in the first leg is where all of you enraged fans should be upset about. Not today but he scored a goal on Sunday so his stupidity in NY is why he is missing the next match.

To all of you doom and gloom fans who probably haven’t been around when they were shit enjoy it we are in the conference finals

I still like our chances in Columbus with everyone missing. Bring in Ricketts up top and osorio in the middle push Vasquez as secondary striker and win 1-0. Columbus has been riding a lot of luck multiple posts against and a red card. So even with a depleted team we should still be favourex
    You're right. I think we're being too hard on Jozy without knowing what actually happened.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/1...?autoplay=true

It was interesting to listen to Vanney's post match interview. I wonder if we might have case to appeal either a second yellow or straight red that was given to Altidore. Knowing this league, and its blind defence of its officials, weve probably no chance of challenging it, however it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I dont know if Vanney is referring to official cctv or fan video as it sounds like the melee happened near the area that's visible to fans
    That quote at the end gets me. Vanney said the ref apologized to Vasquez for calling back his goal since he never asked for yards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am likely going to be ripped by most of those in here but here goes...

The criticisms against Giovinco and Altidore are ridiculous. First of all, NYRB essentially told the world that they were going into this game to play like thugs - yet the league will totally ignore that.

Secondly, I am so tired of the blanket statement "never retaliate", "you get what you deserved for retaliating", etc. I am so glad society isn't (or at least shouldn't) work like this regarding self defense. Jozy is manhandled, thrown around all game. On top of that, we have no idea what went on in the tunnel, and we are ready to hang our star- because NYRB are such angels. From the early accounts it sounds like NYRB instigated, but we don't know how. Yet we fault Jozy. Klejstan could have pulled a knife out there, and there would still be people here blaming Jozy for not keeping his cool. I know that's a ridiculous example, but I just want to know from all of you "holier than thou" folks, when it would be ok for someone to lose their cool.

Also, regarding Seba, that was a ridiculous yellow. First, because it was a foul. You can't put a forearm on the player like that. Yes he got the ball with his feet, but that was after the forearm push to the back that the ref just did not see. And it's not like Giovinco did much to deserve that yellow anyway. I know he seems whiny, but he gets hacked every play.

Regarding our "poor" play, we have to forget that we don't get to play teams like San Jose and Philly in the playoffs. Furthermore, because of this silly playoff system where you just need to be better than your opponent for 180 mins, teams raise their game a bit. That 5-0 annihilation of NYCFC is a playoff anomaly. It's as if unless we are playing like Barcelona every match, people here are ready to write off this team. We played "poor" in these two games, yet the only thing NYRB was able to get on us was a goal off a play that was not a penalty, and a freak deflection goal. This while having two of our goals waved off. I think we need to have some perspective

Lastly, we are playing Columbus. If I remember correctly, Rickets was the one who scored the goals in Columbus when we beat them away. Probably doesn't mean much now, but we aren't in horrible shape. On the bright side, we don't have to worry about card accumulation for Jozy or Seba for the rest of the playoffs.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 11-05-2017 at 07:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post

The criticisms against Giovinco and Altidore are ridiculous. First of all, NYRB essentially told the world that they were going into this game to play like thugs - yet the league will totally ignore that.

Secondly, I am so tired of the blanket statement "never retaliate", "you get what you deserved for retaliating", etc. I am so glad society isn't (or at least shouldn't) work like this regarding self defense. Jozy is manhandled, thrown around all game. On top of that, we have no idea what went on in the tunnel, and we are ready to hang our star- because NYRB are such angels. From the early accounts it sounds like NYRB instigated, but we don't know how. Yet we fault Jozy. Klejstan could have pulled a knife out there, and there would still be people here blaming Jozy for not keeping his cool. I know that's a ridiculous example, but I just want to know from all of you "holier than thou" folks, when it would be ok for someone to lose their cool.

Also, regarding Seba, that was a ridiculous yellow. First, because it was a foul. You can't put a forearm on the player like that. Yes he got the ball with his feet, but that was after the forearm push to the back that the ref just did not see. And it's not like Giovinco did much to deserve that yellow anyway. I know he seems whiny, but he gets hacked every play.

Regarding our "poor" play, we have to forget that we don't get to play teams like San Jose and Philly in the playoffs. Furthermore, because of this silly playoff system where you just need to be better than your opponent for 180 mins, teams raise their game a bit. That 5-0 annihilation of NYCFC is a playoff anomaly. It's as if unless we are playing like Barcelona every match, people here are ready to write off this team. We played "poor" in these two games, yet the only thing NYRB was able to get on us was a goal off a play that was not a penalty, and a freak deflection goal. This while having two of our goals waved off. I think we need to have some perspective

Lastly, we are playing Columbus. If I remember correctly, Rickets was the one who scored the goals in Columbus when we beat them away. Probably doesn't mean much now, but we aren't in horrible shit. On the bright side, we don't have to worry about card accumulation for Jozy or Seba for the rest of the playoffs.

Agreed.
    Just got home from the game and watched Vanney and Bradley's interviews on the TFC site. You can tell how worked up Red Bulls' tactics and the refereeing had these guys. Had we lost 2-0 with no cards under the same circumstances, everyone here would be clamoring about "no fight"...
    Remember the days when we were really terrible. Now consider a second consecutive conference final despite everything going against us tonight. Breath and enjoy - if history is anything to go by, semi finals are fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to remember that the Ref is the same one that Dempsey got suspended over because he tore up his ref book in protest to the poor officiating in last year's USOC match against Portland. This is twice now that Penso has shown he cannot handle big time games and needs to be relegated to a lower level of soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. Agree with everything you wrote.

Also, Kljestan and Felipe can go fuck themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidor interview at the Raptors game tonight.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/altidore-dis...y-exit~1251686

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lastly, we are playing Columbus. If I remember correctly, Rickets was the one who scored the goals in Columbus when we beat them away. Probably doesn't mean much now, but we aren't in horrible shape. On the bright side, we don't have to worry about card accumulation for Jozy or Seba for the rest of the playoffs.
    I'm not mentioning anything about the tunnel. Obviously we don't know anything that occurred, but I won't judge. But the first yellow, he could've gone in grabbed Gio and walked out. He went in and started arguing with everyone and then dived on the Klesjan little push. I'm not saying NYRB didn't do anything wrong, but he should know to walk in grab your buddy and walk out in a game like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post

If that is true and there's video proof I think its possible the suspention gets lifted. Also, agreed with fuck Felipe, I have no doubt in my mind that he has something to do with what happened in the tunnel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not mentioning anything about the tunnel. Obviously we don't know anything that occurred, but I won't judge. But the first yellow, he could've gone in grabbed Gio and walked out. He went in and started arguing with everyone and then dived on the Klesjan little push. I'm not saying NYRB didn't do anything wrong, but he should know to walk in grab your buddy and walk out in a game like this.
    Agreed. Can't speak to the tunnel, because I did not see it.

On the field, though, yes Kjlestan was being a prick but Altidore did himself no favours with his chest thumping and dive to the ground. He is a big guy and going down that like is just a joke, and we know it. That's not excusing Kjlestan, because he should not have pushed him, but come on.

Regarding Gio, I agree that it should have been a foul on him and he should be frustrated. But he also needs to be careful when he complains. He knows that the ref isn't going to change his call.
    Last edited by wopchop; 11-05-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post

Altidore quote: "He tried to come get me from behind. Choked and pushed me. He found out the hard way that you shouldn't do that. I apologize for my actions, but I had to defend myself"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    No. There are no fixes.

If MLS would want any team winning the Cup it's us. And while an all-NYC match up would be good, us vs. the Crew would still generate a lot of heat on both sides.

The refs in MLS are just bad. There are no fixes.
    I agree with you this is not the world series which was clearly scripted. this is just really bad referee and a really stupid referee. agree mls would want tfc in finals if it was fixed.
    although i do think refs put fouls against us to keep games close because we are so much better than everyone else.
    mlb goes out of its way to script world series games to make them exciting and this idiot ref takes two star players out of the next game.
    you are trying to entertain people and sell this league you moron you don't remove two star players from future games.
    watch this moron will never referee a big game again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sums up Bradley's post game interview

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed don't know what happened in the tunnel. On the field tho Jozy looked like he lost his mind. I can't defend him on flopping from a very light push from Kljestian, bear hugging players, trying to be rowdy and "big". Honestly hate seeing that garbage. Defending your teammates is one thing but that was idk...

The ref was an idiot and Bradley berated him all half. At the end of the half Moor and I think Vazquez were trying to pull Bradley away but he kept going on and on. You can see the ref's mouth and gesture he told him he had enough and for him to go into the tunnel. He has to know when to walk away.

Vazqez also got into the refs face after that free kick. The ref was out of his depth but you can't almost butt heads with him. Moment of passion and Vazquez is level headed but man you are asking for it.

Giovinco knew he was on a yellow from the previous match. Don't give the ref a reason especially when you know the ref is an idiot.

In terms of our play I wish we would have done less booting of the ball and try a little more possession.

Hope Mavinga is alright. Dudes a tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Agreed don't know what happened in the tunnel. On the field tho Jozy looked like he lost his mind. I can't defend him on flopping from a very light push from Kljestian, bear hugging players, trying to be rowdy and "big". Honestly hate seeing that garbage. Defending your teammates is one thing but that was idk...

The ref was an idiot and Bradley berated him all half. At the end of the half Moor and I think Vazquez were trying to pull Bradley away but he kept going on and on. You can see the ref's mouth and gesture he told him he had enough and for him to go into the tunnel. He has to know when to walk away.

Vazqez also got into the refs face after that free kick. The ref was out of his depth but you can't almost butt heads with him. Moment of passion and Vazquez is level headed but man you are asking for it.

Giovinco knew he was on a yellow from the previous match. Don't give the ref a reason especially when you know the ref is an idiot.

In terms of our play I wish we would have done less booting of the ball and try a little more possession.

Agree on all counts. The only thing that saved Vasquez from getting carded was the referee realizing he made a mistake (Vanney mentioned that the ref acknowledged that in his post-game interview)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its herd dynamics..when other players get upset it is catching..also accumulated perceived injustices...everyones tolerances are lowered....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree on all counts. The only thing that saved Vasquez from getting carded was the referee realizing he made a mistake (Vanney mentioned that the ref acknowledged that in his post-game interview)
    I would like to know that reason for this one not being reviewed. Especially if the ref supposedly 'knew' it was the wrong call. What the hell happened? I think this demands an explanation more than anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post

I agree they need a top sport psychologist...look at the ALL Blacks as an example...pressure always to win and calls go against them..trained not to lose their cool and very rare that it happens. It can
    be managed a lot better than what happened tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players should know better than to let NYRB get that reaction out of them. We'll get back on track vs. Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I would like to know that reason for this one not being reviewed. Especially if the ref supposedly 'knew' it was the wrong call. What the hell happened? I think this demands an explanation more than anything.
    I am curious to know when he realized he messed the call up? Was it immediately after he waved it off? Then why wave it off?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck all of them.

Im trying my hardest not to rant anywhere on social media because im so wound up.

Fuck. Them.