Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get this "we looked bad for most of it." Did you people watch the first half? We were killing them - they had no decent play that first half.

Second half, they came out on fire but didn't put that many shots on until they basically gave up the midfield to us. Then Bono shut em down. IF they try that from the get go on Sunday, they'll be massacred.

Klejstein was out of sorts all game and we got under his skin (NYRB has a thin skin all the time).
    Gantar was the Video Ref - draw your own conclusions.
    Vasquez took a hip check to the noids - should have been at least a yellow to Felipe there.
    Bradley played wonderful. Great hustle, took their press out of the game.
    Delgado made some errors, as did Mavinga - both of them have to learn to avoid the cross ball if you can't make it.
    Marsch got outcoached - he didn't press at first (that was planned) and they gave up all momentum. They played scared until they got that goal. Then they played hard but were just not that technically proficient.
    We are a MUCH better team technically then them.
    Cooper at the end was soooo CONCACAF it made me laugh.

We are up coming home with away goals - job done. Injuries? We will see. But I'd put that team without Vasquez & Moor up against any team in the league.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-30-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see or hear anything about Bono? Just read the blurb on MLS about the match and they stated "Both Vazquez and goalkeeper Alex Bono might be out for their home match in Toronto." I'm wondering if they got mixed up with Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I don't get this "we looked bad for most of it." Did you people watch the first half? We were killing them - they had no decent play that first half.

Second half, they came out on fire but didn't put that many shots on until they basically gave up the midfield to us. Then Bono shut em down. IF they try that from the get go on Sunday, they'll be massacred.

Klejstein was out of sorts all game and we got under his skin (NYRB has a think skin all the time).
    Vasquez took a hip check to the noids - should have been at least a yellow to Felipe there.
    Delgado made some errors, as did Mavinga - both of them have to learn to avoid the cross ball if you can't make it.
    Marsch got outcoached - he didn't press at first (that was planned) and they gave up all momentum. They played scared until they got that goal. Then they played hard but were just not that technically proficient.

We are up coming home with away goals - job done. Injuries? We will see. But I'd put that team without Vasquez & Moor up against any team in the league.
    Yeah I agree. We soaked up a lot of possession but they didn't get many chances and were totally exposed quite a few times. That penalty gave them undeserved hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Thx for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know playoffs is kind of a crapshoot, BUT we are so much better than these other teams. Men vs Boys almost. Pressure on our guys must be huge, They should win this easily. Even watching tonight, on the road, and it was like nothing but a win was expected. We are just way better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

whew.
    thats good news, i belive we actually are stronger with hagglund against bwp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only regret is that we didn't bury them. But it's hard to complain when you get the result in a very tough place to win.

I think 2-1 represented the play in the game. While the PK shouldn't have been given, they absolutely muffed a couple of glorious chances. They did have us on our heels for 15 minutes there.

But my God, we owned them for long stretches, just bossed them, and could have had 2 or 3 more. But Robles gifted us both of the goals we actually scored. So 2-1 seems about right.

Bono was super solid. Made good decisions, no rebounds.

Anyone complaining about Mavinga missing on a couple of cross field balls is missing the bigger picture. The guy cleaned out about 6 different NY attacks either inside or just outside the box. He was outstanding.

It's boring to praise Bradley and Altidore ... but they were great. NYRB are good at the back, and Jozy still made them look silly.

The only TFC player who didn't have a great game was Seba. I know he scored, it's hard to complain, but he wasn't in sync all night, and he seems to have lost that half step. He is not getting around defenders anymore. Hopefully he finds that gear on familiar turf on Sunday.

My only real complaint - TFC overdid it with the time wasting. It's not the right look for a championship team, that's when elite teams go for the jugular. Could have easily scored that third goal while NY were pressing late. Plus I don't like the bad sportsmanship. Just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-30-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result!
    Excellent away game. Soaked up pressure when needed. Counter attack looked good.
    Lots of missed chances by both teams, but in the drivers seat.
    Seba’s yellow card annoys me. Needless.

Edit - almost forgot, massive credit to the away support. Loud and clear during the game!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sasha invisible, BWP looked pretty clumsy. Take it to em at home and lets get on with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Watched most of it, We did not look great, but feel is nothing but UPHILL for our opponents, Massively disappointed if we do not win MLS cup.
    Really? Sorry mate but im not having that. Thought we controlled that match to perfection. They had a spell early in the 2nd half which is to be expected from the home side. But, apart from a poor decision from Delgado not to clear the penalty, I thought we bossed it. But you’re certainly entitled to your opion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Really? Sorry mate but im not having that. Thought we controlled that match to perfection. They had a spell early in the 2nd half which is to be expected from the home side. But, apart from a poor decision from Delgado not to clear the penalty, I thought we bossed it. But you’re certainly entitled to your opion!
    Well, we have played better, how is that? still think we look way better than these teams that are still alive, must be immense pressure on our guys. Seriously, i tuned in, but a win was almost never in question, been following since day one, but feeling is like it is almost criminal if we don't take the cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Anyone see or hear anything about Bono? Just read the blurb on MLS about the match and they stated "Both Vazquez and goalkeeper Alex Bono might be out for their home match in Toronto." I'm wondering if they got mixed up with Moor.
    I read that too... I think they meant Moor, probably meant to have that point about bono but changed it and made an error with the names

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone else worried about Mavinga? Looked to me that he was managing an injury throughout the game. Achilles or ankle it looked like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the way Cooper was used today was incredible. He's a ball hog and a frustrating player, perfect for the last 10-15 minutes of a game. Would like to see him used like that more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Klejstein was out of sorts all game and we got under his skin (NYRB has a thin skin all the time).

please go back and watch it again.

Acknowledging how poor they played..
    watch the balls that we gave away under pressure
    watch the one-two balls that went to no one
    watch the balls we tried to force forward into a 1 on 3 and didn't back up with support
    watch how many times we tried to go at a defender, (with players committed foward) and could have been caught on a counter against any half decent team.

This game was just enough, and our shape was excellent throughout, no doubt.

But man oh man, Vanney won't be happy privately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hatred for Felipe knows no limits, once a Tic Tac always a Tic Tac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I read that too... I think they meant Moor, probably meant to have that point about bono but changed it and made an error with the names
    Irwin or Bono, does it really matter? We are winning MLS cup. I posted immediately after last year that i expected to be in same position a year from now, and here we are, No team is beating us,Not cocky, we are just so much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Is anyone else worried about Mavinga? Looked to me that he was managing an injury throughout the game. Achilles or ankle it looked like.
    He rolled his ankle in Atlanta... Might be feeling it still

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result for the reds tonight. Set up well to finish the job on Sunday.

I thought that Mavinga, Bradley, Altidore, and Bono were particularly outstanding tonight. With honourable mentions to Beitshour and Zavaletta.
    Giovinco didn't do much other than win the game with another wonderstrike. Osorio did well coming off the bench. It was too bad about the injuries because that would have played well for Rickets coming late to get a third goal.

We were unlucky not to have three goals in the first half. Weak penalty...but Moor is just giving too many up these days. Suspect that we will see Haglund start now for the next few games. That was a potentiao banana skin and we have done well. Very professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Looks like Victor got a hit in the stomach somewhere, somehow it's good that it's not in the legs area .... but who knows?
    He got ass checked by Felipe I think it was. He took it right on the hip from the angle I saw. I hope it's just a bruise and nothing serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were times tonight that the game scared the shit out of me nut overall I am very pleased with the result. The 2 away goals are massive. Mavinga looked a little out of sorts but I think that was due to his ankle nagging him. Hagglund had a huge impact of the bench and Cooper pleasantly surprised me. The Redbulls proved why they are probably the dirtiest team in the league. The only impact Kljestan had all game was it seemed like every time they showed a close up of the ref he was in there whine and begging for a call. I'm glad we took care of business in the away leg, now they will have to come out looking for 2 goals which we can hit them on the counter and put this tie to bed. Bono came up big in the 2nd half when we needed him. As for the booing and derogatory hate being piled onto Jozy and Bradley, I hope it continues. Jozy had a strong game and Bradley was chasing down balls left and right.

A shout out to the road warriors. Hats off to you guys, you were loud and could be heard clearly throughout the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

watch the balls we tried to force forward into a 1 on 3 and didn't back up with support
    watch how many times we tried to go at a defender, (with players committed foward) and could have been caught on a counter against any half decent team.

I didn't see the game this way, other than us giving away the ball under pressure, which both teams were doing (and that's MLS, it's always the first thing I notice when I watch an EPL game, just how different the elite level possession/passing is vs MLS)

It was TFC catching NY out on the counter, NY had a lot of the ball.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-31-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I am just comparing what we were doing to what every other team in the league is doing and seeing better play.

I saw pass after pass by them get stopped by our midfield. Vasquez had space and with him and Altidore going out wide, this pinned back their two outside backs.

They spent the whole first half not being able to play their game.

I saw play after play in the first half move forward quickly, followed by a period where they controlled the midfield, then Marsch gave up the midfield for an attacker and we started moving forward again.

I saw NYRB go BACK to their keeper on a corner kick because they couldn't penetrate. NYRB NEVER goes back to the keeper EVER and rarely recycles back to the backline (maybe twice in a normal game), and they did that continuously throughout the game

They had possession but no penetration in the first half. They had penetration in the first half but we covered them quickly every time.

Was it perfect? Nope. But we by no means looked bad.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

Not sure what game you watched,you sure it was NYRB not TFC-Limpact replay on TV?

we weren't great,but we beat a team that has best record at home 84 wins, no one is even close to their record,and you are whining how we played,have a drink or smoke a joint before and during the game and you might feel better once you realize we WON away playoff game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I'm not worried a bit if Drew will be out even if for multiple games, because Hagglund was very solid tonight.
    But then you have always stated your disdain for Drew Moor, I wouldn't expect a comment like, Hope one of our leaders is okay, just an observation, no offense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Cooper coming in.... now I'm worried
    Killed off the game, that was the strategy, guess you haven't been paying attention when Vanney has brought on Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Cooper....WTF?!

Killed off the game, that was the strategy, guess you haven't been paying attention when Vanney has brought on Cooper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catz4ever View Post
    Anyone but Cooper

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I think the way Cooper was used today was incredible. He's a ball hog and a frustrating player, perfect for the last 10-15 minutes of a game. Would like to see him used like that more often
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I didn't see the game this way, other than us giving away the ball under pressure, which both teams were doing (and that's MLS, it's always the first thing I notice when I watch an EPL game, just how different the elite level possession/passing is vs MLS)

It was TFC catching NY out on the counter, NY had a lot of the ball.
    Lots of credit to Vanney for out maneuvering their coach, playing a simple counter attacking game at their home instead of an elegant possession game worked well. They were not prepared for that and had great difficulty breaking down TFC, even though that wasn't TFC's best played game.