Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still stack up our team against anybody else in an away and home series. We just are good at that stuff.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I didn't really see a distinct kick. I think he probably meant to do what he did but I'd be surprised if that ends up being blatant enough to be worthy of suspension.
    Mid-season i'd argue that the kick is a red. Playoffs, not so much I think. The no-call does leave the door open for diso.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Put TFC out in Pickering and see what happens on 3 days notice for a midweek game.

Team needs a stadium in the city somewhere.
    It's not that far. More like us playing at Downsview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 6000 in Chicago tonight looked a lot less maybe 3000 if that, tell me another of the major leagues in North America where only 6000 or less will show up for a playoff game , none only in MLS , this is not good how long before Chicago joins Columbus looking for a city to relocate too, too many cities in this league that draw flies not good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I still stack up our team against anybody else in an away and home series. We just are good at that stuff.
    Yeah we should beat anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we finish 19 pts ahead of the redbulls and we get no real advantage,stupid mls playoffs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could give a shit about home field advantage.

We are at full strength. Nobody can play with us.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They barely escaped with a draw in our meeting at their house, and three weeks ago we put 4 past them in an average-to-decent performance.

No doubt we should win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They barely escaped with a draw in our meeting at their house, and three weeks ago we put 4 past them in an average-to-decent performance.

No doubt we should win.
    They didn't start BWPS or Klejstan in that 4-2 game. They had us under a lot of pressure for long stretches too. Still think we should win but they aren't a walk over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    They didn't start BWPS or Klejstan in that 4-2 game. They had us under a lot of pressure for long stretches too. Still think we should win but they aren't a walk over.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Vancouver game is hard to watch. They're both terrible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    so we finish 19 pts ahead of the redbulls and we get no real advantage,stupid mls playoffs
    And this.

In fact their fans are in a better position to travel than ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Why do you say that?

We get the second leg at home, and we didn't have to play this mid-week game ...

Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is next Monday for sure Leg 1 for NYRB vs TFC??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Is next Monday for sure Leg 1 for NYRB vs TFC??
    30th or 31 it says on MLS website. WHy they haven't decided which date is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Why do you say that?

We get the second leg at home, and we didn't have to play this mid-week game ...

Am I missing something?
    they still get 5 days rest.they should play saturday and weds.playoffs drag on way too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no logical reason that we lose to NYRB. But this is MLS playoffs so I get worried about any team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    30th or 31 it says on MLS website. WHy they haven't decided which date is beyond me.
    Just my guess:

Maybe the Atlanta Falcons have a home game on the Sunday, so if Atlanta wins, they'd have to have the game on the Monday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the league is having to think which team is more affected by Monday Night Football versus affected by Hallowe'en.

Oh & just this as a reminder

If anyone is going to end our season, they’re going to have to do it on our field, in our weather, with our supporters, our fans, and the entire city of Toronto behind us.
    Are we beatable? Yes.

But we are the least beatable team out there and I would stack our home field advantage up against any other team's capabilities. This is a team built to win home and away series.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-26-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Only 6000 in Chicago tonight looked a lot less maybe 3000 if that, tell me another of the major leagues in North America where only 6000 or less will show up for a playoff game , none only in MLS , this is not good how long before Chicago joins Columbus looking for a city to relocate too, too many cities in this league that draw flies not good!
    Actually, the official attendance was 11,647. Probably due to the nose-dive in form that the Fire took in the second half of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope this goes down more like last year's NYCFC series and not Montreal. Montreal was an all time classic when all was said and done but I don't think I can take another one like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Vancouver put San Jose out of their misery. San Jose should never have been there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man i can't believe both games were blowouts..kinda sad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should do away with the playoff system. Clearly it's less popular than regular league games - at least if you look at season averages across the league. Also, there's literally ZERO respect for the play-off system by players and fans internationally. Why do we continue to insist on being another version of the NFL? Why not just be a proper league with a season like everywhere else in the world? We ended all the BS with no draws allowed, kick-ins instead of throw ins, clock running backwards from 90 to zero, etc.. It's stupid. Now we have to hear about play-off games with 10,000 or so attendance. Pathetic! Do away with it. Have a season like it's always been done in football, and let's crown TFC as the best team this year and just lift the trophy already. We were CLEARLY the best team this year. No doubt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    man i can't believe both games were blowouts..kinda sad
    Don't think it was sad, more revealing. San Jose had reached the playoffs on a wing and a prayer and it was pleasing to see Vancouver finally get a playoff game win (TFC fans were in that same spot only a year ago). Chicago had backed into the playoffs, when TFC beat them in August, remember when that was the matchup on the horizon of the two titan teams of the East?, they slid from that point on. It will be interesting to see what off season moves they make...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    We should do away with the playoff system. Clearly it's less popular than regular league games - at least if you look at season averages across the league. Also, there's literally ZERO respect for the play-off system by players and fans internationally. Why do we continue to insist on being another version of the NFL? Why not just be a proper league with a season like everywhere else in the world? We ended all the BS with no draws allowed, kick-ins instead of throw ins, clock running backwards from 90 to zero, etc.. It's stupid. Now we have to hear about play-off games with 10,000 or so attendance. Pathetic! Do away with it. Have a season like it's always been done in football, and let's crown TFC as the best team this year and just lift the trophy already. We were CLEARLY the best team this year. No doubt!
    Understand your purist point, but doubt you could ever convince a North American television executive of that view. World Series and MLB playoffs? NHL and NBA playoffs? It is just not the NFL, playoff tv ratings are the pot at the end of the rainbow that justifies the large contracts sports leagues reap from TV networks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The movement towards an FAcup/March Madness style playoff competition is gathering steam. The old guard who hate it based on not getting a home playoff date are not getting home playoff dates anyways so they are changing their tune. Here's hoping there will be an announcement in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    There are many issues with these knock out games, as most teams do not know if they are hosting and end up having a turn around time of selling tickets is like 2 days... Having a stadium that is not very public transit friendly is also an issue in Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    There are many issues with these knock out games, as most teams do not know if they are hosting and end up having a turn around time of selling tickets is like 2 days... Having a stadium that is not very public transit friendly is also an issue in Chicago.
    Yes, that doesn't speak well for the play-offs either. I think there are few good reasons to keep the play-offs in place other than to look like the other major sports in North America. I think we should have the confidence to say that we're not like the other sports. We're part of a world-wide sport that doesn't need to make changes to look more like others. That's my opinion anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Repost.

Also ridiculous.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER