0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel better about the playoffs now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play New York if they beat Chicago. I also wouldn't put it past Columbus to upset Atlanta. Parkhurst won't play by the look of it and Almiron could be a doubt as well.

Interesting to see what size crowd they get for a midweek game that isn't on a cheap season ticket.

it would be a fun series against Atlanta though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, so we'll play again these fuckers in the 2nd leg.
    Worst scenario possible.

Atlanta will beat the Piss Stains with at least 2 goals in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Worst scenario possible.

You would think, but Columbus is actually in very good form right now. 3 wins and a draw in their last four games, vs. Atlanta who have 1 loss and 3 draws. I still think Atlanta will win but they would be very silly to look past Columbus.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Worst scenario possible.

Columbus can handle that press. And I'm not sold on Atlanta handling Columbus' Kamara. Sure, they get their best CD back in Gonzalez Perez, but he's always two fouls away from a sending off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about Columbus is that their main three of Kamara, who is pretty underrated as a finisher and Higuain playing like he's possessed pulling strings. Then there's also Justin Meram who is also underrated last 2 seasons who can score and also assist. And Atlanta's defence is vulnerable.

I wouldn't count out Crew just yet. Esp if they are motivated with all that Austin crap going around
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Noooo not the blue shorts! We're fooked.
    I really hope this kit is history from the next season.
    Never hated more a kit in the history of TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaeatingyeti View Post
    guys, emergency, i need big help!!!!

Anyone has a online link to the live radio show where they are discussing tfc right now, after the game, with call-ins?
    Wheeler and terry should be hosting...

Thanks in advance!
    tsn 1050

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta are an exciting team...but that was them at home a win clinches 2nd...draw 4th...loss 5th....and that was the best they had. This game meant a lot to Atlanta. We could have been 3-0 up at half time. This TFC team never fucking gives up. It was a relatively meaningless game for us and we have clinched the SS weeks ago. We have an extra gear when it's needed. You have to be able to shut games down to win the Cup and Atlanta couldn't do it. You play your home game in the first leg to avoid an away goal...Atlanta can't do that.

The top West team would have placed 6th in the East... we'll never have a better chance. You have got to think that Jozy and Bradley have it all to prove - Gio has a chip on his shoulder and we have depth on the bench if needed.

Btw..Portland wins the West by 1 point...they have 2 home games against Vancouver and Van only has 1 against them. MLS is still bush league... there should at last be a balanced schedule within a conference...that is shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only regret right now is that we havent given Hagglund any gametime. With Moor's dip in form recently theres an argument we should go with Zavaletta, Hagglund and Mavinga at the back. It would even be nice to have the confidence to switch to this formation if its clear Moor is having another howler like today

I also hope we can get rid of this rustiness up front. We played some beautiful moves today where a slighty crisper finish would have seen us walk away healthy winners.

Finally, the treatment of Bradley and Altidore (our captain in particular) by the much lauded Atlanta crowd today was shocking. Lets hope this treatment of our TFC players comes back to bite Atlanta
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 10-22-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    My only regret right now is that we havent given Hagglund any gametime. With Moor's dip in form recently theres an argument we should go with Zavaletta, Hagglund and Mavinga at the back. It would even be nice to have the confidence to switch to this formation if its clear Moor is having another howler like today
    I'm also surprised they haven't given Hagglund game time needed to test his readiness.
    If he can play the way he was then he should be starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Atlanta are an exciting team...but that was them at home a win clinches 2nd...draw 4th...loss 5th....and that was the best they had. This game meant a lot to Atlanta. We could have been 3-0 up at half time. This TFC team never fucking gives up. It was a relatively meaningless game for us and we have clinched the SS weeks ago. We have an extra gear when it's needed. You have to be able to shut games down to win the Cup and Atlanta couldn't do it. You play your home game in the first leg to avoid an away goal...Atlanta can't do that.

The top West team would have placed 6th in the East... we'll never have a better chance. You have got to think that Jozy and Bradley have it all to prove - Gio has a chip on his shoulder and we have depth on the bench if needed.

Btw..Portland wins the West by 1 point...they have 2 home games against Vancouver and Van only has 1 against them. MLS is still bush league... there should at last be a balanced schedule within a conference...that is shite.
    I dont know why MLS seem incapable of fixing this? Surely home and away against other teams in your conference, and one game against teams from the opposing conference, alternating home and away on consecutive years, cant be that hard to manage. Okay, so youd be two games shorter but that cant be that big of a sacrifice for a fairer schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There is no freaking way they leave Moor out now. The only other CB they would bring in is Hagglund and he didn't even make the 18.

Moor's time is numbered, I agree, & I fully expect him to be platooning at CD next season.

But making a change now is not doable. This isn't Football Manager.
    Understand your point, very difficult to switch, but there are options. Jason Hernandez is experienced and played CB when Moor was out for a while. He is much more aggressive in the air and tackling.

I agree that Vanney probably will not make a change but we are giving up too many goals in the last games and some late ones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there are definitely signs he's slowing down & I think Moor is not the everyday starter next season. I also wonder if Hagglunds knee is still an issue. The one game he was on the bench, he wasn't moving so good.

On another note, Cooper dawdling on the ball is still happening. He got stripped at least once in his showing today. I know he's in there because Cheyrou is too slow against Atlanta but aye.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the league is at 24 teams, they will only be playing each team in the conference twice. Until that time comes, they will have extra games played against in-conference rivals. That's the Cascadia teams vs each other, TFC vs Impact and Columbus, NYRB vs DCU and NYCFC, etc.

That was a great game to watch. Best tie I've seen this season. Now, on to the Cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - not too worried about that result. If Jozy and Gio had been sharp in the first half the game would have been settled. Poor penalty call by the Ref and VAR. Moor at fault on the 2nd. But Gio...wow. I do think that we have another gear when the game means something...this was a good practice game for the play-offs. We're ready. Just realized that we play them before the conference final if they get through the play off.
    This - The bolded part!

My big dillemma is that are we able to play in the platyoffs that other gear which we were able to do it all year long, except the games since we lost to Montreal at home?

Because I still think that we're not the same team yet since... so Vanney's primordial task is to make this team to play as good as they were playing in July-August.
    That will be plenty enough to win the Cup, but if he fails, we're in a world of hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post
    Praying to play Columbus and not Atlanta in ECSF
    That would be nice man, but IMHO Columbus taking out Atlanta in Atlanta would be even bigger upset and surprise, than when we could not beat Seattle in last year's Cup final.
    Now maybe, just maybe, I would think that in a neutral setting this could be anyone's game, but not in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was probably the best away match we could have been apart of to get prepared for the playoffs. I have a feeling Red Bulls night best Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    That was probably the best away match we could have been apart of to get prepared for the playoffs. I have a feeling Red Bulls night best Chicago.
    sorry, Red Bulls might beat Chicago. Celebrating TFC’s season and been into the Irish whiskey!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure we can get out of the Conference with Drew Moor starting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a special day !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm significantly less worried about Moor then, seemingly, everyone else. He has had a poor couple games recently but he was terrific early in the season. The only worry for me is the pacey teams like Atlanta - speed isn't his strength but I think we can certainly adjust to it. I think if we do face some speed in the playoffs, Mavinga needs to be especially conservative and ready to cruise back and stop any fast counters. And if we play with a back 3, that's just even more (or Moor? Get it?) added cover back there. Moor just brings irreplaceable experience in the back and he still has such a high compete level which I think he steps up in big games.

As for today, great draw for me. The finishing was a little off but we moved the ball so much better then last week. I'd rather us generate chances and miss a couple then not be able to string a couple passes together and rely entirely on long-ball tactics. Not only that, but I feel moving the ball around with chemistry as a team is much harder to improve on then finishing. Jozy was robbed and otherwise looks to have no problem finding the back of the net and another week of training will help Seba get the touch back - not to mention that howler today will help his confidence.

Hoping we can avoid Atlanta in the playoffs. I really can't see Columbus pulling the upset but fingers crossed. I can, however, see Chicago losing it to Red Bulls. And I would favour that matchup to keep momentum rolling. Hopefully if we do face Atlanta, they're a little beat up from whatever games they've played before we see them. A couple of their bigger pieces (Martinez, Almiron) have dealt with injuries this year, Parkhurst didn't look good going off today, and we can hope for suspensions. Even if they come at us full strength, I still believe we'll beat them but why not hope for an easier road? As has been mentioned, if this was a first leg - we would all take the 2 away goals and a draw heading back to the fortress. They had a lot to play for today and we were ready for it so we know we can handle what they're throwing at us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A tie down there is like a win the way I see it. We weren’t even playing for points. A great result!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right I know Moor is our guy for the playoffs but he will have to elevate his game, whole team for that matter. Today was good though made more than enough chances to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Moor just reads the game so well that he isn't a liability by any stretch. Look at today - he pressed up the field at a crucial time, perfectly dispossessed the Atlanta-man, and made a terrific pass over the top for Jozy to finish. Not overly confident that Zaveleta or Hagglund would press and make that tackle. Even if they did, neither would have played that pass. Moor is strongest in a back 3, though, and it is absolutely crucial that Mavinga is helping him to cover on a quick counter. If only we could combine Mavinga and Moor...the speed and recklessness (in a good way) of Mavinga but defensive mindedness and ball movement of Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    The thing about Columbus is that their main three of Kamara, who is pretty underrated as a finisher and Higuain playing like he's possessed pulling strings. Then there's also Justin Meram who is also underrated last 2 seasons who can score and also assist. And Atlanta's defence is vulnerable.

I wouldn't count out Crew just yet. Esp if they are motivated with all that Austin crap going around
    the Crew have something like a ten game undefeated streak, hottest team in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    A tie down there is like a win the way I see it. We weren’t even playing for points. A great result!
    Yeah, 2-2 on the road would be a great result in a playoff series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question as there has been no replay of the event... In the second half before Atl scored to make 2-1, Altidore looked like he was fouled right at the edge of the box by Parkhurst... That should have been a red card or a yellow with a pk awarded. Why wasn't VAR used. The only person who said anything about it was Kurt Larson and he said it was a straight red as Parkhurst was last man.

Anyone else see or hear anything about that play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I have a question as there has been no replay of the event... In the second half before Atl scored to make 2-1, Altidore looked like he was fouled right at the edge of the box by Parkhurst... That should have been a red card or a yellow with a pk awarded. Why wasn't VAR used. The only person who said anything about it was Kurt Larson and he said it was a straight red as Parkhurst was last man.

Yeah, quite annoyingly they never even showed a replay on the broadcast, I still haven't seen it again. I thought there could've been something there seeing it live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

I haven't actually read the replay rules so I don't understand its use. But that was my thought too.

Our passing and interplay was very nice in that game. Think we could have walked away with all 3 points but the game was about getting that chemistry back. I think we're in a good position for the playoffs.