Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! How did that stay out. Dodged a real bullet there. Wake up TFC!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is Man of the Match so far.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Bono is Man of the Match so far.
    Mavinga for me. Bono's had the angels on his side once or twice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The is terrible. Pure slop. Bad give aways. Idiotic passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Seba having a go, even if nothings come off so far, he needs to get his sharpness back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is a beast l. Love his hustle and seems to time tackles perfectly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think bad or not this is our last kick at rounding into form. I wouldn’t show Atlanta our best side nor would I want suspensions / injuries to creep into the games that matter.

But it’s a little scary how many errors this team is making lately.
    Disagree m8, its not like Atlanta dont know our best 11. This side needs minutes together and we could have the points record to go for

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not Giovinco's day
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not anyone's day, we're incredibly sloppy. Every touch, every pass you hold your breath, it feels like we're on a knife's edge of losing the ball at every moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see Cheyrou on the field, legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOTM= Our GK Bono

Gio= Worse ever game since joining TFC hopefully turns it around next game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco hasn’t seen the field in a while like 5-6 weeks? Maybe more? So rust would always be an issue I guess. Glad he went full 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MVP "most valued Post" left post takes it by a whisker for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    MOTM= Our GK Bono

Gio= Worse ever game since joining TFC hopefully turns it around next game
    Worst ever no doubt at all. He will make up for it though.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming from the stadium, I'll tell you the wind during the game was very powerful and irregular. That's the reason why both teams looked so sloppy. It has nothing to do with quality of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A win is a win and on that basis i'm grateful. I'll take that anyday over a defeat where we play well. Winning the SS and equaling the season record for points is nothing to scoff at, and for that reason i'm happy for the win today and for the successful season we've enjoyed.

However, its frightening how much our form has dipped in the past month or so. I know injuries, International breaks, etc, have played a role, but we really need to recapture our mid season form is we are to make a dent in the playoffs. Columbus, Atlanta, and even Chicago all look to be peaking at just the right time and we will need to be at our very best to beat them. (or whoever else we may face in the playoffs) Lets be honest, although its nice to be SS Champs and to be in touching distance of so many league records, winning the MLS Cup is the big one, and the one trophy we really all crave. We played arguably our best side today (although i'd argue there is a place for Hagglund in this side) but looked a long way from the type of performance we know this team is capable of. Lets hope Vanney and the boys can find the right recipe for success we have shown throughout much of the regular season. The pressure is now on. We need to quickly find the midas touch in time to capture the title we all desire... MLS Cup winners

Onward and upwards TFC!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not our best game & Seba should have had a hat trick. Roll on Atlanta.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best or prettiest home game by far. But OUR SIDE BEAT THE FUCKING LIMPACT, YEAAAAH!!! And they picked up the Supporter's Shield in style, YEAAAAH!!!

Now it's on to Georgia to beat NORTH AMERICA'S WORST SPORTS MARKET and for THE BEST MLS RECORD EVER, YEAAAAH!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was bad...
    I can't tell it was just huge rustiness, or a combination of TFC's drop off in the form in the last 5-6 weeks, since we lost at home to Montreal.
    Probably it's a combination of both, but if it's more of the later, I am much concerned about our playoff performance.

We were lucky to get all 3 points here.
    Let's be honest, this game looked like between 2 teams placed somewhere in the 12th-16th place compared to full league standings.

Since the team looked so rusty Vanney would make a monumental error not to play the best 11 in Atlanta.
    I would be happy if there were 3 games left from the regular season, not just this one last, but this it...
    ---------------

PS: Anyone has a feeling that we won the shield way way too long ago?
    I mean everyone and their grandmother knew from about 2 months ago that TFC would be almost impossible to catch.

I think this has done a lots of damage mentally to the team, and it's the main cause of the dropping in form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complacency could have a lot to do with the dip in form for sure. They have had the league wrapped up for a while and that contributes to a lack of urgency. I am not too concerned because although there is a dip in form, there is no dip in quality. Greg will have them back on track when it matters most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We looked like a team coming off a break with nothing to play for in high winds. Saw lots of rust and little urgency, but I'm not that concerned. I think we should have dialed back our expectations a bit given the circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Zavaleta and Moor do not get it together and do it soon we are likely going to struggle heading into the playoffs. Those 2 have been dreadful the last few weeks. I would love to see Hagglund out their if he is healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially Moor. He really needs to pick it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sloppy overall. We were lucky to get 3 points. Montreal had about 4 solid goals that they missed from a combination of poor touches and the post and a big Bono breakaway save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think bad or not this is our last kick at rounding into form. I wouldn’t show Atlanta our best side nor would I want suspensions / injuries to creep into the games that matter.

But it’s a little scary how many errors this team is making lately.
    I could not disagree more with this!

First there is nothing about "showing" or "not showing" something to another team, because after a full season every team's technical staff must have a pretty clear picture of any other team's full capability.

Secondly we much need any possible game which is still not fighthing "for life" like in the playoffs, to give a chance to our top players to re-bond, because right now we look extremely disjointed and rusty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think we need to show our best next weekend. Like Yeti mentioned - everyone has seen/knows everyone else's best by this point. The stadium in Atlanta doesn't allow us the excuse of bad weather/wind so our playoff 11 should be going out there and rebuilding the chemistry and unbelievable ball movement we saw earlier this season. The turf/injuries are a little concerning but if we look good the first 45, yank some of the more recently injured or injury prone guys (Seba, Vasquez, Jozy) off at half or early early second. I think tonight's performance did have a little to do with guys coming back from injury and the disruption of the international break, but we looked a lot worse then "rust". This group knows how to step it up when needed though so I'm not overly worried heading into playoffs.

MOTM for me - Cheyrou. Just because I love Benny. And no one looked good.
    Last edited by JoeM; 10-15-2017 at 09:02 PM. Reason: damn spelling errors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Moor, but I really think he should be benched. It started about half way or maybe even earlier in the season. He has lost a step and Father Time has caught up to him. He cannot pick it up. He is done. They should not resign him as cruel as that may sound. He is a professional stand up guy and has been a class act at TFC. However, he just doesn’t have anymore, he gets beat regularly now and is losing many of the battles in the air. If it wasn’t for Mavinga covering up for him it would be a lot more obvious. I do not think Vanney will swap him out of the line up. But this could really be a problem in the playoffs when the games are much tighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, was Bono good tonight or Montreal's finishing just extremely poor. Both the breakaway and post/post/ball-in-front should have and would have been goals by almost anyone else with those opportunities. Distribution very poor. And he had a couple sloppy rebounds too - but that can be attributed to wind in some cases. Hopefully the whole squad picks it up for next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was one ugly game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Coming from the stadium, I'll tell you the wind during the game was very powerful and irregular. That's the reason why both teams looked so sloppy. It has nothing to do with quality of play.
    Yes. It was the remnants of a hurricane, with winds going in 2-3 directions. Really tough conditions to play in.