RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - Sept 27 - 8 games

Philly @ Atlanta 7pm - Philly is less a hot and cold team and more a lukewarm one. Their defence isn't all that good still though. Yes, Atlanta is tired and without Almiron, their real MVP. But they still have enough in the tank to see off Philly.
    What we want - A Philly win
    What will happen - Atlanta wins 3-0

NYCFC @ Montreal 7:30pm - Montreal's 5-2-3 had only partial success against Atlanta. It held them for much of the game but couldn't get any purchase going forward. NYC doesn't have the two strong DM's that Atlanta has and that will be enough in another must win game.
    What we want - a draw
    What will happen - a 2-1 Montreal win

DCU @ NYRB 7:30pm - The red bulls are in a serious funk. They put a lot into winning the US Open Cup and failed. DCU always plays them hard. BUT, this is the sort of game that Marsch is good at getting his guys up for.
    What we want - a DCU win to dishearten who we play on Saturday
    What will happen - a 2-1 NYRB win

NER @ Orlando 7:30pm - Orlando is a mess. Their best defender off with a red doesn't help. NER still has hope. That hope lives for another day.
    What we want - NER to still have hope before they play Atlanta on Saturday
    What will happen - NER wins 2-1

Colorado @ Dallas 8pm - Gosh, Dallas has been awful. The blame should be firmly laid at their managment for trying to sell off two good players during the transfer window. Colorado though is just much worse.
    What we want - doesn't mean anything for us really
    What will happen - Dallas needs to win out and will at least get this one. 2-1 for Dallas

LAG @ Houston 8:30pm - LAG is the worst team in the league. Houston is better and needs these points badly.
    What we want - come on, we all like to see the mighty arrogant ones get killed off
    What will happen - Houston wins big - 4-0

Chicago @ SJE 10:30pm - Chicago is going to make the playoffs but its a big question now whether they even get a home game. SJE's defence is too static for a fast wing based attack.
    What we want - an SJE win
    What will happen - 2-0 for Chicago

Vancouver @ Seattle 10:30pm - Game of the Night - Sure, Vancouver is good, but can they get away wins against big motivated rivals? Both teams badly want a win. There really is no
    What we want - a draw so nobody gets rolling heading into the playoffs
    What will happen - my gut tells me Vancouver makes a statement here winning 2-1

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am kind of hoping that NYCFC wins on Wednesday. That will likely put Montreal out, and keep some heat on us. My hope is that a little bit of pressure will help us get back into form as we head into the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver game is on TSN1 for those that want to watch or PVR.
    All other games are MLS Live.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    I am kind of hoping that NYCFC wins on Wednesday. That will likely put Montreal out, and keep some heat on us. My hope is that a little bit of pressure will help us get back into form as we head into the playoffs.
    From a team prep POV, I'd kind of like that Oct 15 game against Montreal to be do or die for them.

But I can live with it if the Impact lose tonight!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is only 3 back from NYRB. NYRB has a game in hand, but if DCU beats them (they're on a tear) and then we beat them, they will be in a similar position to Montreal.

The Limpact is not done yet... officially...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC clinch Supporters Shield if all of these results occur:

*NYFC loss
    *ATL loss
    *VAN loss or tie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta looks quite formidable right now. No way Philly comes back from 2-0 down. SS not going to be settled tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Atlanta looks quite formidable right now. No way Philly comes back from 2-0 down. SS not going to be settled tonight.
    Beating up on crap teams seems to impress the MLS media but I'm not totally sold on Atlanta. Color me unimpressed until they can start getting consistent results against good teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight has been an absolute treat in MLS with the goals flowing as they are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy things happening between the bulls and dc as I watch the limp act & nycfc...impact season slowly going down the tubes...TIC TAC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Crazy things happening between the bulls and dc as I watch the limp act & nycfc...impact season slowly going down the tubes...TIC TAC
    NYCFC totally outplayed the Impact, could and should have been a much bigger win.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit game for SJ at home but Wondo is now tied for 3rd place all time with 70 less games than the next guy. Good for him and the league IMO
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Shit game for SJ at home but Wondo is now tied for 3rd place all time with 70 less games than the next guy. Good for him and the league IMO
    great career he's had. I'm afraid it'll get overshadowed somewhat by his miss against Belgium. That one still lingers in the psyche of the USMNT fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    NYCFC totally outplayed the Impact, could and should have been a much bigger win.
    That's what I don't get about Montreal. They come into BMO field and win, looking like they could beat anybody. Then they lay that poor performance in their own house against a team TFC has beat repeatedly this year. It's like they can't keep their concentration or competitive level up for longer than once every couple of games. Is that on the players or the coach. Would Nesta be any better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That's what I don't get about Montreal. They come into BMO field and win, looking like they could beat anybody.
    What game were you watching? We spotted them 4 goals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Beating up on crap teams seems to impress the MLS media but I'm not totally sold on Atlanta. Color me unimpressed until they can start getting consistent results against good teams.
    Could be scheduling but they've made the playoffs in their first season. Can't all be from playing DCU and Colorado.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    great career he's had. I'm afraid it'll get overshadowed somewhat by his miss against Belgium. That one still lingers in the psyche of the USMNT fan base.
    Luckily I'm not American. I just want him to take his place over this guy in scoring:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also

That Atlanta goal ritual is hockey. Pure hockey. If only they had that for the Thrashers. Or the Flames.