Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    I'd love to see Hagglund back in the xi for this one. Nothing against Zavs, I just love what Hagglund can bring in the air.
    Bono
    Hagglund Moor Mavinga
    Hasler Morrow
    Delgado Bradley Vazquez
    Ricketts Altidore
    Me too But he has to be on the bench before starting. But a very important player for us, if we can get him up to game speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd personally be shocked if Hagglund saw any minutes. The international break is upon us, no sense in trying to rush to get him minutes just for the sake of it. I would rather see him work on his fitness and the play on the 15th. I think Seba plays in some form Saturday. I hope he starts but wouldn't be shocked to see him come on for the last half hour. The Redbulls are most definitely can be had, we half to make sure we mark BWP close. He has a history of shredding our backline. Overall I am confident we can pick up 3 points here and right the ship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama always said there would be weeks like last week. Shake it off, lock down the Shield, and then do what you gotta do to get ready for the post-season.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    How would Hamilton fair with Jozy if he were to start?
    hamilton has probably cemented his butt to the bench. rickets scored plenty on his own.

Vanney's pick of pylon spencer was a message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    hamilton has probably cemented his butt to the bench. rickets scored plenty on his own.

Vanney's pick of pylon spencer was a message
    They are different strikers, Spencer for all of his issues is the only true target striker we have outside of Jozy...

I have said this before, but there is a reason why players don't get minutes...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both these guys give a poop, good to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Both these guys give a poop, good to see.
    Getting dead links on my phone. Who was this about?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro took it down it seems.

In training, Mavinga & Bradley got into a heated profane arguement that didn't last long, they settled it and went back to intense training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In training, Mavinga & Bradley got into a heated profane arguement that didn't last long, they settled it and went back to intense training.
    Maybe Mavinga lost a bet with Vanney and had to be the one to tell Bradley that he would be rested Saturday and wouldn't be playing ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally some FIRE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Spencer sucks. He should never see the light of BMO field again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    Ben Spencer sucks. He should never see the light of BMO field again.
    What about away games ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    Maybe Mavinga lost a bet with Vanney and had to be the one to tell Bradley that he would be rested Saturday and wouldn't be playing ...
    Hahahahaha!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    They are different strikers, Spencer for all of his issues is the only true target striker we have outside of Jozy...

I have said this before, but there is a reason why players don't get minutes...
    That would be true if Spencer actually played like a target man. The reality is he is a useless false target man. He doesn't utilize his height and fails to win 90% percent of headers. One time per game he is able to chest the ball down to a teammate - literally once, I've counted. He is absolutely useless. Doesn't run, doesn't fight, puts in no effort. Hamilton does a better job of being a target man than this pylon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    That would be true if Spencer actually played like a target man. The reality is he is a useless false target man. He doesn't utilize his height and fails to win 90% percent of headers. One time per game he is able to chest the ball down to a teammate - literally once, I've counted. He is absolutely useless. Doesn't run, doesn't fight, puts in no effort. Hamilton does a better job of being a target man than this pylon.
    Cant bring the ball from the air. Horrible first touch makes him poor for link up. Not an aerial option in set pieces. Poor vertical leap.

You can play Hamilton as a lone forward if Seba drops deeper to facilitate and free roam to open space for Hams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Jordan Hamilton has an attitude problem, maybe he is lazy in training, we just don't know, and I am not defending Spencer by any means and agree with most of the comments regarding Spencer, but there must be a reason, after all WE are not the management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not one to accept appeals to authority, and that's all the defence of JHam not getting minutes is.

We don't know why JHam isn't getting the minutes. Supposition that there is a good reason for this is just that - supposition. He makes the 18 often enough (23 times an unused sub this season). He does get subbed in (8 times). So he's not dismissed or rooted.

It's also fair to point to whatever data we have in the absence of whatever the management has but doesn't make public. To me the production at TFC and TFC II makes the case - I don't pay my SSH fees to watch guys who produced on the practice pitch, but I *do* pay to see players produce on the playing field. JHams does that. Spencer does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I'm not one to accept appeals to authority, and that's all the defence of JHam not getting minutes is.

We don't know why JHam isn't getting the minutes. Supposition that there is a good reason for this is just that - supposition. He makes the 18 often enough (23 times an unused sub this season). He does get subbed in (8 times). So he's not dismissed or rooted.

It's also fair to point to whatever data we have in the absence of whatever the management has but doesn't make public. To me the production at TFC and TFC II makes the case - I don't pay my SSH fees to watch guys who produced on the practice pitch, but I *do* pay to see players produce on the playing field. JHams does that. Spencer does not.
    As I stated we just don't know the reasons, this may have been Ben Spencer's last chance so to speak, I remember when Raheem Edwards had a spell we he thought he was a bit too big for his boots in attitude and was left off of the roster a few matches, but came back a better player after being grounded. If eating a bit of 'Humble Pie' makes for a better player then that is management's prerogative, no?

Back to the topic, I hope Hamilton sees some minutes, in particular against the Red Bulls as a starter and Ricketts as a super sub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    As I stated we just don't know the reasons, this may have been Ben Spencer's last chance so to speak, I remember when Raheem Edwards had a spell we he thought he was a bit too big for his boots in attitude and was left off of the roster a few matches, but came back a better player after being grounded. If eating a bit of 'Humble Pie' makes for a better player then that is management's prerogative, no?
    I can get behind this logic. Better than the alternative (eg national team for Osorio under Floro) where it just feels *wrong*.

I would like to see JHam on the pitch more often, and I know that's going to be rare when Alti and Seba are ready to go...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB looks shakey and bewildered. Drawing at home to DCU on a last minute OG is so Metro.

This is our best chance to get 3 and sail through the last 2 games with nothing on the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is our best chance to get 3 and sail through the last 2 games with nothing on the line except historical records.
    FYP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its time to turn things around. Ideally we go into the season with a 3 game win streak. Better to wrap up the supporter's shield now so the players can forget about it and focus on the playoffs and the final game against Atlanta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Chapman get minutes in these games. To me, he's a much bigger priority than Hamilton.

Teams that stop us, stop us in the midfield, with Seba and Altidore getting no service.

If we need an offensive sub in MF, we have Osorio, but he's more of an AM, a better sub for Vasquez, than for Delgado.

We may need Chapman, if we need that box to box sub (ie in a tie game late, where Delgado has run himself out, and maybe you'd like a touch more flair forward than Delgado has, without overcommitting to going forward, which is Osorio's achilles heel.

Vanney has shown his hand on Hamilton - Hamilton is really not likely to see action in the playoffs unless both Seba and Altidore are off the field. Even then, I suspect Vazquez would get pushed forward, with Chapman coming in.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Cant bring the ball from the air. Horrible first touch makes him poor for link up. Not an aerial option in set pieces. Poor vertical leap.

You can play Hamilton as a lone forward if Seba drops deeper to facilitate and free roam to open space for Hams.
    I've figured it out: Spencer is actually Andre Lombardo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I get the historical records thing but after the last 2 seasons of later in the season lost points, I just want us to win a game.

We know how good this team is. Don't need no dang records to prove this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it would be something that we could look back on with pride and sustain us when we're back to being the "worst in the world" in another decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'd like to see Chapman get minutes in these games. To me, he's a much bigger priority than Hamilton.
    I'd argue that at this point in the season you're looking for subs who produce, not projects. As much as I think Chapman has potential, he has looked to me to be a bit weak under physical challenge. In this league a clean shoulder check seems to be allowed, and he gets the ball cut away from him too easily.

This won't get solved with substitute minutes in 4 games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    But it would be something that we could look back on with pride and sustain us when we're back to being the "worst in the world" in another decade.
    Good point.

I follow a few people on twitter who are also LAG supporters - they seem more sanguine then po'd. The most bitter twitterati out there are the Union fans. God help Atlanta if they don't' win anything before they become crud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards, Bono and Delgado all missed out on the MLS Top 24 under 24 list. More fuel to the fire for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney indicated last night that everybody but Hagglund will be ready to be in consideration for next week.
    Everybody including Séba? I thought I heard Wheeler (actually it was very hard to hear him) say in the TFC HQ video everyone "except" Giovinco would be ready. It'd be a worry if he is still out.