Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh. didn't expect a result in New England with unfamiliar turf and lots of mileage on the legs
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll probably get the shield, but Atlanta is peaking at the right time and will probably win the cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This is not the way to go into the post season.
    we were winless in five going into the playoffs last year. We'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Utter rubbish from TFC today. Sod all this talk of records and lets get this side back on track for the MLS Cup. I think Vanney has bought into this notion were the deepest squad in history too much (He even verbalized it himself) Theres a huge difference between our second string and first team 11. Even players like Delgado are there to supplement out top players not replace them. We are slumping at the worse possible time, when sides like Atlanta are peaking. I just hope Vanney is not holding back Jozy & Seba to protect them. The SS is not won yet and we need all hands on deck to get the job done let alone build the momentum necessary to make a serious run at winning the MLS Cup, which is the real prize. Our recent form has been shocking and needs to change immediately

That was a desperately disappointing game today but probably all we could expect from such a poor line up. Lets stop mollycoddling the millionares and have them earn their pay by playing through a little bit of pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    ya, TFC management can only be blamed for the recent form of poor play, Giovinco and Altidore are paid to play, and they are just doing this as precautionary but if management doesnt care then we play complacent and the more complacent we play the more losses will happen
    They have knocks. Would you rather play them in largely meaningless games with regards to the big picture and risk a bad injury. If they were 100% they would be out there. Maybe they are 75-80% and if it was a playoff game they would be out there. Context is everything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIS-FUCKING GUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T WAN'T TO HEAR ANY GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING EXCUSES ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!! TFC SHOULD HAVE DESTROYED THESE GOD DAMN FUCKING REPULSIVES!!!!!!!!!! THIS TEAM WILL NOT GO BEYOND THEIR OPENING PLAYOFF ROUND IF TYHEY PLAY LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!! WAKE THE GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING UP TFC!!!!!!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck this, just give me the first team back. Vazquez was clearly not over his illness.

Both their goals were so cheap. We need to not just win but dominate next week, we need to get back in the groove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're joking, RIght^^

Re: redcoe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We'll probably get the shield, but Atlanta is peaking at the right time and will probably win the cup.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We'll be getting two of our top players back shortly and on rest.

I know we've prided ourselves on this being a deep team but it's really time to button down the roster and tighten up the bench moving into the playoffs. No more taking a punt certain guys to see if they can contribute.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-23-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very disappointing these last two games. They sky is not falling tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta has 4 game in 10 days by my count. Last see how they deal with tired legs and potential injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way the team was set up lost us the match. Playing with 4 full backs and 1 CB was never going to stop Kamara and Nguyen... Surely Mitch Taintor from TFC2 and Jason Hernandez would've done better than Beitashour and Morrow. Also - Delgado should've been taken off for Chapman instead of Vazquez. Cooper was decent again tonight, looked like he improved defensively.

Let's hope NYCFC lose to the Impact on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No easy team in the east, so whoever they play it will be tough, Atlanta has all the momentum and that last game in Atlanta is going to be pretty ugly I see a total shellacking if this team does not smarten up, how is this New England team so bad in the standings with so much talent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    The way the team was set up lost us the match. Playing with 4 full backs and 1 CB was never going to stop Kamara and Nguyen... Surely Mitch Taintor from TFC2 and Jason Hernandez would've done better than Beitashour and Morrow. Also - Delgado should've been taken off for Chapman instead of Vazquez. Cooper was decent again tonight, looked like he improved defensively.

Let's hope NYCFC lose to the Impact on Wednesday.

Hernandez was injured. TSN mentioned it early in the broadcast.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!

ATLANTA IS A FIRST YEAR EXPANSION SIDE!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE NO GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING BUSINESS CLAIMING THE MLS CUP!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THESE CUM GUZZLERS BITCHSLAPPED BEYOND KINGDOM COME SO THAT THEY FUCKING WELL KNOW THEIR MOTHERFUCKING GOD DAMN PLACE IN MLS!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Hernandez was injured. TSN mentioned it early in the broadcast.
    I didn't hear that... How did every TFC CB manage to get injured at the same time?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As frustrating as this was to watch - we all know that 25+ goals weren't playing today and those two alone change how other teams defend us. In addition we were going in to a crappy field against a team who plays great at home on short rest while they waited for us.

Let's see next Saturday when we are waiting at home for a team to come in on short rest to our field and our regular lineup playing. I have not lost faith in this group because of a few bad results while missing 2/3 of our best players the last 4 days......

Let's be frank, with a full lineup and proper rest, we've lost how many times this year? Maybe once? All the other losses had at least 2 DPs out or were the 5th game in 14/15 days......with proper rest and a proper lineup I'll take my chances with this group still.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor loss. Four or five players stood around and watched Kamari. In the 90 th minute on the road truly unacceptable defending.. hopefully motivating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But this is the best team in MLS History, Vanney is the greatest coach ever. It was because we had three major players off the pitch.. but we have the most depth and missing players doesn't matter.

I've said for the last three games TFC is playing sloppy. They aren't clicking. There is no drive, no awareness. That is the Coaching staff and the team mentality. Nearly everyone has switched off.

Hopefully they switch back on. Because if we are still playing like this.. we have two more (at least) losses to look forward too. Montreal will come back out and do the same thing and Atlanta will absolutely humiliate us.

But Vanney is coach of the year and we have so many points and the Supporters shield is in the bag.. blah blah blah.

The team this week is what I care about and right now our coach isn't showing up and neither are the players.

It should have been obvious that New England would see what Montreal did say we have Kai who is a great counter attacker.. so lets emulate as best we can what they did... and oh look.. we lost.

Even though the best way to deal with counter attacking football with a strong bunker.. is when you can draw them out.. counter yourself. We had the pieces to do that.. We just didn't do that. Worse is nothing really changed in the second half. He didn't say.. they look dangerous.. they look more likely to score than we do right now.. what should I do...

Coach of the year my ass. Martino deserves a lot of praise and these last few games shows that his team is still showing up.. and thus he deserves that honour over Vanney.

of course I'm saying something that people don't want to here.. people will defend Vanney to the ends of the earth because we have points. If we lose because the other team beat us soundly playing our best.. or it is a one off.. ok.. but this isn't a one off... this is 3 games of sloppy play.. and we dropped 6 points we shouldn't have because of poor preparation and poor play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO, FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!

ATLANTA IS A FIRST YEAR EXPANSION SIDE!!!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE NO GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING BUSINESS CLAIMING THE MLS CUP!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THESE CUM GUZZLERS BITCHSLAPPED BEYOND KINGDOM COME SO THAT THEY FUCKING WELL KNOW THEIR MOTHERFUCKING GOD DAMN PLACE IN MLS!!!!!!!!!!
    But they're in form and have the best fan base in the league... Sounds like a decent mls side to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow people are losing there shit over this loss with that lineup.take a pill people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    No easy team in the east, so whoever they play it will be tough, Atlanta has all the momentum and that last game in Atlanta is going to be pretty ugly I see a total shellacking if this team does not smarten up, how is this New England team so bad in the standings with so much talent?
    They have a fantastic home record. Nearly as good as ours. They're terrible on the road.

If you look at the standings this result is an upset, but reality is this was always going to be a challenging game, even if we had our full strength team. Between injuries, turf, and new manager bounce for them, this wasn't a cakewalk by any means. And if not for an unlucky deflection we would've tied.

Like I said I just want to get Altidore, Giovinco, Mavinga, Zavaleta, Hagglund, Cheyrou back, and Vazquez back to full health. And we'll get most of them back by next week, maybe even all. No excuses for next week then and no reason we shouldn't be back in top form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most disappointing part of the loss is that we've squandered another opportunity to get the record for most points... We can beat NYRB and Montreal but Atlanta is the team I'm most worried about... Especially in the playoffs... Especially away. 7 points from the final 3 is what we need... It's just a matter of playing to our ability.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    meh. didn't expect a result in New England with unfamiliar turf and lots of mileage on the legs
    I wasn't really expecting a result either (although the way it was going, we should easily have had a tie). However note that New England was also unfamiliar with this turf: it was changed a few days ago, and plays very different from the carpet they had before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - we are all terrified of Atlanta is what I'm getting here (and yes they concern me the most too in the East) --- assuming a likely 2nd or 3rd place finish for Atlanta they still have to beat 1 or 2 other teams to get to the ECF before we would potentially play them -- is that a foregone conclusion? Of course not! I'll worry about who we play when we actually play them.....

Right now Atlanta will look awesome more recently due to a slew of home games, what's their road record? It's under .500 and their awesome home record is 9-2-2 while "crappy NE" had a 10-2-2 record at home going into today.....but of course losing at NE on short rest is an abomination without Altidore or Gio.....I'm just saying maybe some perspective is warranted here.....do you honestly think other fan bases have ultimate confidence in their teams and see Toronto as horribly flawed? Somehow I doubt it.....no team is perfect and if you told me we could clinch a Shield on September 30th (earlier than any team has clinched in years), I think we all would have taken it back in March.......being mildly concerned is one thing, outright freaking out panic for a team like this is just nuts.....apparently we can't enjoy nice things unless they are perfect or close to it.....an MLS Cup will determine our feelings towards this year and whether it was a success or not, all the other stuff is just noise......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you only show up when we lose to dump on Vanney, but you have nothing to say about him when we're on six game winning streaks, playing beautiful football and dumping on good teams like NYC and Portland, you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

As for Atlanta, they have an average defense and are average on the road. They won't make it out of the East.

Chicago is the most well-rounded team in the East besides us, and has the best chance of advancing besides us.

edit: Congrats to redcoe on being the first person I've ever blocked on this forum.
    Last edited by notthesun; 09-23-2017 at 06:57 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a lot of CD's to have out injured. Still, you'd think they would have been able to break through that defence a bit more. Given the possession, I would expect more shots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOTHING FUCKING MATTERS UNTIL OUR SIDE WINS!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MOTHERFUCKING EXCUSES AS TO WHY TFC DIDN'T WIN THE LAST TWO MATCHES!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T GET UP TO BEAT OUR ARCHRIVALS MONTREAL AND THE DRAGGING SHITBLIGHT OF MLS THAT IS NEW ENGLAND, THEN YOU WILL NOT GO PLACES!!!!!!!!!! THIS LEAGUE HAS SEEN SIX SUPPORTERS SHIELD CHAMPIONS WIN THE MLS CUP IN ITS 22 YEARS OF EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!! IF OUR SIDE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, THEN THEY HAD GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PLAY LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!! OTHERWISE, IT WILL BE JUST LIKE 2012, THE LOWPOINT IN OUR TEAM'S EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

NOTHING FUCKING MATTERS UNTIL OUR SIDE WINS!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MOTHERFUCKING EXCUSES AS TO WHY TFC DIDN'T WIN THE LAST TWO MATCHES!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T GET UP TO BEAT OUR ARCHRIVALS MONTREAL AND THE DRAGGING SHITBLIGHT OF MLS THAT IS NEW ENGLAND, THEN YOU WILL NOT GO PLACES!!!!!!!!!! THIS LEAGUE HAS SEEN SIX SUPPORTERS SHIELD CHAMPIONS WIN THE MLS CUP IN ITS 22 YEARS OF EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!! IF OUR SIDE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, THEN THEY HAD GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PLAY LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!! OTHERWISE, IT WILL BE JUST LIKE 2012, THE LOWPOINT IN OUR TEAM'S EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!
    The PTSD is strong with this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yes this is "exactly" like 2012.....seems an apt comparison.....please do not waste money buying playoff tickets to this abomination of a team.....yeesh.......anyone who wants to give up before the Playoffs have even started, please let me know, and I'll be happy to take your playoff tickets from you, I'm sure I can find someone to use them......the extremes of reactions here after every game (best or worst team ever) are just staggering to me......