Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 31 - TFC @ NER Saturday September 23rd 5pm - Peace of Mind

The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

Have at it People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still worried about this game. Considering how thuggish the Revs played their last two games, I'm worried about injuries to our key players.

<edit: And another thing - they just installed new turf *again* at Foxboro, players are desperate, and they also have a new coach that could get the "new coach bounce". This has all the markings of another trap game. TFC needs to treat all the remaining games as playoff games, expecially as these games could literally knock their opponents out of the playoff picture. Vanney should be starting to get the team to ramp up it's intensity by knocking Montreal, and NER out of the playoffs.>
    Last edited by Initial B; 09-21-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see another shit show if without Giovinco and Altidore and possibly Vasquez, soccer or any sport that has playoffs is about momentum, and if they go on a slump this late in the season things could get worrying , if this team is really the best team ever they rebound that's what good teams do. You don't follow one shit show with another one if you are really good, the Barcelona's the Real Madrid's of the world may have a bad game here and there but then are able to rebound right away, let's see how TFC response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's all remind ourselves that the Revs are shite and just fired their coach. This will be the easiest of the three games played this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We never, ever, play well in NE. If we have VV, we should walk away with a win. If we dont have him, we may settle for a tie.

A win here works on so many levels.

--It puts our magic number to 2 points for the shield, meaning NYCFC must win out entirely... no ties or losses.
    --The win could also buy us three full weeks of not having to use Altidore/Gio... we could rest them vs NYRB (and lose without much implication), and those 3 points help keep MTL further out of reach of the playoffs. We already lost once at home, so losing at home here to NYRB isn't the end of the world.
    --Altidore/Gio are rested for a full month and come back for two REALLY good tests for us leading into the playoffs, MTL at home, and a flying fast ATL team.

A win this weekend is almost the perfect scenario for us long term.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 09-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just want to get out of there with no injuries. A win would be nice, but I'd be fine with a draw.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Something tells me Vanney is chumming the league office on this. I bet Altidore stays home, maybe all five stay in TO this weekend

Then we go full strength and all out for the last two home games, on grass, to get ready

Then we send last nights team to Atlanta to close out (ex Bradley, who takes a yellow against Montreal so that he also misses Atlanta)
    Last edited by ensco; 09-21-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ good news.

If VV was good enough for the bench, he should be up for 90 minutes in NE, which will make things totally different than with Montréal.

I expect Altidore to maybe play 30 minutes. Newer turf is not linked to higher rates of hamstring injuries, though it does increase the risk of ACL tears.

No way Giovinco is risked on this with his quad issues.

I expect the Reds to come away with a tie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez was interviewed today. Sounded like he is going. It was a fever, not anything else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Have at it People
    Just wanted to say, love that song (and the whole album). I was growing up in the Boston area when that album was big.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels like we haven't won there since Matias Laba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel Vasquez will be the difference maker. Honestly, as great as Giovinco is, Vasquez to me is the most important player on the team. While Giovinco is an amazing talent, and can single-handedly make plays, Vasquez just makes everyone look two notches better than they are with his vision and playmaking, case in point, we scored 4 goals with him two games ago and being without Seba and Jozy seemed irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Let's all remind ourselves that the Revs are shite and just fired their coach. This will be the easiest of the three games played this week.
    You're kidding, right?

Right now the Galaxy is by far the worst team of this league, that was by far our easiest game of the week.
    Compared to Galaxy New England are world beaters.

Add to this that New England has turf and the Galaxy had real pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Something tells me Vanney is chumming the league office on this. I bet Altidore stays home, maybe all five stay in TO this weekend

Then we go full strength and all out for the last two home games, on grass, to get ready

Then we send last nights team to Atlanta to close out (ex Bradley, who takes a yellow against Montreal so that he also misses Atlanta)
    All of TFC should have been taking yellows on Wednesday night, the ref was calling nothing and TFC just couldn't take any liberties with IMFC. TFC are playing very soft lately.
    AND SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL at the net FFS. Someone on TFC has to make a statement There rant over, just beat the shit out of NE
    Last edited by Derko; 09-22-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    All of TFC should have been taking yellows on Wednesday night, the ref was calling nothing and TFC just couldn't take any liberties with IMFC. TFC are playing very soft lately....
    just beat the shit out of NE
    Sorry but I think this is totally wrong. These are exhibition games against desperate teams.

I saw the same thing,TFC were soft, and I applaud the stance (it was really obvious on a play late when Bradley could have stepped up to get a ball that Piatti won in a dangerous spot, but he just bailed out instead)

I hope they stay soft in NE. I could care less about how they look, or the result.

Get in, get out, no injuries, no problem.

Use the home games on grass, with Seba and Altidore back, to get back to full out soccer.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney interview yesterday hinted that Jozy could be back.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    All of TFC should have been taking yellows on Wednesday night, the ref was calling nothing and TFC just couldn't take any liberties with IMFC. TFC are playing very soft lately.
    AND SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL at the net FFS. Someone on TFC has to make a statement There rant over, just beat the shit out of NE

Fully agree on the lack of shooting....without Seba or Jozy or VV, there is an alarming lack of shooters on TFC - too often it is a pass to set up a pass to set up yet another pass AND NOBODY HAS THE HUNGER TO HAMMER THE BALL or the quickness to get into a turn and fire position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if already mentioned but they canned jay heaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just wanted to say, love that song (and the whole album). I was growing up in the Boston area when that album was big.
    Yep, been my go-to summer jam for many years. Love to blast that album out of the car windows on a nice day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    [/U]

Fully agree on the lack of shooting....without Seba or Jozy or VV, there is an alarming lack of shooters on TFC - too often it is a pass to set up a pass to set up yet another pass AND NOBODY HAS THE HUNGER TO HAMMER THE BALL or the quickness to get into a turn and fire position.
    Just a reminder, our attack was not the problem on Wednesday....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Cant get decent shots if your midfield can’t string together possessions into the MTL third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    my date for the senior prom was Marianne. Unfortunately, she walked away. My friends played that song again and again and again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    exactly. Should have had six goals, Spencer alone should have had a hat trick, he was wide open on those headers. We were shredding them, but kept completely screwing up. What was the problem, in order, was Z awful back pass Bono screw up 0-1; Z lose ball cheaply Bradley fail to close down Bono fail to save when got hand on it 0-2; Bradley lose ball Z fall down 0-3; B awful backpass 1-4 and complete collapse starting with Spencer giveaway 1-5.

it was like the Twilight zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Cant get decent shots if your midfield can’t string together possessions into the MTL third.
    The stats show that we dominated possession and had the most shots. So we controlled the game, except for two statistics that really jump out: duels won and tackles. We were soft, as Ensco points out. But that's bad. We can't let that creep into our game. If injuries are the worry, play other players.

Another issue for me was players playingwho don't fit the up tempo system: Cooper, unfortunately because I think he deserved a chance, and Spencer.

lets hope it was a complete aberration. And they sure as hell will be hungry tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm starting to get worried how long f a rest Giovinco needs for this current injury. I know Foxborough turf isnt the place to make his return, but we need him up to speed for the playoffs. I really hope we are in the position to play our best eleven in Atlanta and get a result in the last game of the regular season. We need to send a message in that game should we end up facing them in the playoffs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight is going to be legen-- wait for it-- and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the second half of the word is-- dary! Legendary!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ref for this one is Allan Kelly. Which usually, but not always, means a lot let go at first and then a second half crackdown including a few yellows for stuff that didn't even warrant a foul in the first half.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-23-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just win the game, ugly or beautiful just win the game.