Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    Waking The Red thinks that we won't protect: Moor, Hasler, Ricketts, Osorio, Beitashour, Alseth, Cheyrou, Cooper, Endoh, Hernandez, Irwin, Pais
    They are under the assumption that Bono will not be automatically protected through Generation Adidas. If he is, then we can protect an additional player (Hasler)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I really hope they take Osorio... most overrated TFC player of all time. He wouldn't even be a difference maker in the 4th league in England.
    "Most overrated TFC player of all time" -- LOL, were you around during the early years.?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-28-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They are under the assumption that Bono will not be automatically protected through Generation Adidas. If he is, then we can protect an additional player (Hasler)
    Hasler would certainly be my choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see us buy back Osorio or Moor if they get selected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I really hope they take Osorio... most overrated TFC player of all time. He wouldn't even be a difference maker in the 4th league in England.
    I think you'll find that Osorio is one of the better TFC players in history... Most appearances for them and a local kid, easily becoming a fan favourite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I think you'll find that Osorio is one of the better TFC players in history... Most appearances for them and a local kid, easily becoming a fan favourite.

Useful at times in a not so good MLS league 4 years ago? Sure. Quality player? No.

Mr "play the ball to the side" every play; is not really a player we need in my opinion. He's very replaceable by Chapman. But agree to disagree I suppose. I don't think we need him at 200 k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they'll leave all the free agents unprotected. Why chose them when they may just bolt to another team in the off-season?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think they'll leave all the free agents unprotected. Why chose them when they may just bolt to another team in the off-season?
    Agreed.
    We can simply tell them a head of time that they are available but have a "contract" ready for them.
    Highly doubt that LAFC would pick players that they can lose for nothing.
    Plus I feel as though Moor at least will come back regardless, stay with what you know instead of what you don't. Beita is another matter as it looks to be that we have a replacement available (Hasler) that will be cheaper.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should obviously expose Canadians at the margin given league roster rules. Although there is a bit of a chance that LAFC flips a Canadian player to Vancouver or Montreal (I absolutely think that would happen with Ricketts)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso is easy to leave unprotected because LAFC isn't using an international slot on him. Not sure Montreal wants a player who is Toronto born and openly not fond of them. Vancouver maybe but they don't need him.