Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dissapointed in all the silly mistakes. Hopefully that's just a one off.

I yelled at Spencer all game cause I don't understand him. You're given an opportunity so make the most of it. He's a lazy shit always jogging. He's 6'5 and is useless at utilizing it. Having him on the field is like playing with a player less. Doesn't play with an ounce of hunger or heart and looks completely confused/lost and bumping into Ricketts numerous times.

On the other hand, Hamilton has played very well most times when give the chances. He's scored against mtl alone like 3 or 4 times. He shields the ball and links up. I just don't get how Spencer plays and he doesn't. I truly believe we would have tied the game had he played instead of Spencer.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 09-21-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With three top attacking players out it made sense for MTL to be more aggressive and target Bradley. Add to that some really bad personal mistakes and we see a result like that. For everyone who thinks we're figured out let's see if the Impact try that approach again in October. With just Vazquez or Giovinco on the field they'd be ripped apart.

The last few games of this win streak opponents were terrified of us, Bradley and the backline probably got too used to other teams backing off.

Biggest thing for me was seeing how Osorio fared when he had to be relied on a bit more, thought he had a strong game despite some cheap turnovers.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso at times looked like he didn't know where to send the ball with Seba off the field. Other times he was very good.

One thing we know, you can't replace VV with "one-too-many-touches" Cooper.

This is what happened. Zava to Bono and a poor clearance off of Piatti's ass.
    2nd goal was a screamer.
    That broke the team spirit.
    3rd goal and Vanney takes a defender off for a striker. Only one of two outcomes after that - and we saw the outcome. The message? Get a few back before half. We're losing, so if they score again it's not a big deal. All out balls to the wall.

And, although Spencer looked out of place, he probably was. He doesn't know how to play with this team yet in real game situations. Hamilton may have been better, but he would be used to either Seba or Jozy playing with him up front.

Alas, what can you do. We lost. It was our fourth. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Oso at times looked like he didn't know where to send the ball with Seba off the field. Other times he was very good.

One thing we know, you can't replace VV with "one-too-many-touches" Cooper.

This is what happened. Zava to Bono and a poor clearance off of Piatti's ass.
    2nd goal was a screamer.
    That broke the team spirit.
    3rd goal and Vanney takes a defender off for a striker.
    Let's not give too much credit to Donadel for that second one - Zavaletta cheaply gave the ball away almost immediately before, so that not only did Donadel have the ball in a good place, but there was no pressure because he was shooting from where Zav normally would be covering him.

I can say I like what Zav has done this last year and a half and still say I completely blame him for the first two goals and heavily for the third one. He had a stinker. I would have made the switch after the second goal, I wouldn't have waited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for pulling Zav, my gut feeling is that had Vanney left him on and moved him up to striker, essentially telling him to score the goals to compensate for the gaffes, he could have been more of an offensive power than Ben Spencer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I'm dissapointed in all the silly mistakes. Hopefully that's just a one off.

I yelled at Spencer all game cause I don't understand him. You're given an opportunity so make the most of it. He's a lazy shit always jogging. He's 6'5 and is useless at utilizing it. Having him on the field is like playing with a player less. Doesn't play with an ounce of hunger or heart and looks completely confused/lost and bumping into Ricketts numerous times.

On the other hand, Hamilton has played very well most times when give the chances. He's scored against mtl alone like 3 or 4 times. He shields the ball and links up. I just don't get how Spencer plays and he doesn't. I truly believe we would have tied the game had he played instead of Spencer.
    He missed at least two sitters which could have gained us an unlikely tie. Not the way to impress when a rare chance comes your way. Vanney needs to realize our lauded depth, as good as it is, it is not on a par with our first choice eleven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    as for pulling Zav, my gut feeling is that had Vanney left him on and moved him up to striker, essentially telling him to score the goals to compensate for the gaffes, he could have been more of an offensive power than Ben Spencer...
    Zavaletta had an absolute howler. He had to be pulled to send a message

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    They took the night off. Plus nobody plays TFC like L'Impact. Glad they are not in the playoffs.
    You should never take a night off against your biggest rivals. Inexcusable. We might well have given the Impact a lifeline to the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can all agree Vanney has done a great job this season and only Tata (possibly Vierra) could challenge him for Coach of the Year. I know he has great players at his disposal hich help but weve seen several times this season his tactical nous make changes at the right time. However I think he is in danger of buying into this 'Greatest Team Ever' label thats been foisted on us. He needs to realize that although he has better option off the bench that most teams, not every member of his squad is equal and with three DPs* out you cant just replace them like for like. For example Ricketts aint no Giovinco, not even close. He needs to be more cautious when more than one of our top players are out and be less cavalier. Vanney is a good young coach but he still has room to learn

*I know Vazquez isnt technically a DP but TAM makes him seem like one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's great that Bradley wants to play every game but if that's what we're capable of in a mid week game off a west coast road trip I suggest some rest is in order. Asking your LWB to play both ends too is a little foolish, especially when you have a good 2nd option on the bench.

Anyway, onward and upward. What's demanded is that we see out this season as supporter shield winners and come into the playoffs well rested. I could care less about some other short sighted goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    For example Ricketts aint no Giovinco, not even close.
    I get the point you're making - but come on, 4 goals in his last three appearances? The problem isn't Ricketts.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    You should never take a night off against your biggest rivals. Inexcusable. We might well have given the Impact a lifeline to the playoffs
    This. In the biggest way, this.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER