Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last visit to England was during a Euro Cup where none of the British teams qualified.
    These things happen.
    It's a global game now, the only thing that this hurts is the endorsement money that could have come from a good WC run by the Americans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    England has sucked?

The hottest of hot takes. They qualify no problem almost every cycle yet arent good enough to be considered world class.

Far cry between that and sucks.
    They didn't qualify for 2012 euros.

The Dutch missed out on '84 and '86 before winning in 88.

There is a very good crop of players coming in who will be there for 2022. It's a setback not qualifying, but the world isn't collapsing.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Houston winning last night, SKC misses another opportunity to clinch.
    Officially only Vanvouver has clinched in the West.

The East is jockeying for position.
    In the West, we know that two of SKC, Portland and Seattle are going to make it for sure. Dallas is just hanging on.

EASTERN CONFERENCE PTS GP GR Max Playoffs?
    s - Toronto FC 65 32 2 71 Bye. Home Field Through
    x - New York City FC 56 32 2 62 Bye. Home Field Conf Semi
    x - Atlanta United FC 53 32 2 59 Wildcard vs x - New York Red Bulls
    x - Chicago Fire 52 32 2 58 Wildcard vs x - Columbus Crew SC
    x - Columbus Crew SC 50 32 2 56 Wildcard @ x - Chicago Fire
    x - New York Red Bulls 46 32 2 52 Wildcard @ x - Atlanta United FC
    Montreal Impact 39 32 2 45 ELIMINATED
    New England Revolution 39 32 2 45 ELIMINATED
    Philadelphia Union 39 32 2 45 ELIMINATED
    Orlando City SC 39 32 2 45 ELIMINATED
    D.C. United 32 32 2 38 ELIMINATED
    WESTERN CONFERENCE PTS GP GR Max Playoffs?
    x - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 51 32 2 57 Bye. Home Field Conf Final
    Sporting Kansas City 48 32 2 54 Bye. Home Field Conf Semi
    Portland Timbers 47 32 2 53 Wildcard vs FC Dallas
    Seattle Sounders FC 47 32 2 53 Wildcard vs Houston Dynamo
    Houston Dynamo 46 32 2 52 Wildcard @ Seattle Sounders FC
    FC Dallas 43 32 2 49 Wildcard @ Portland Timbers
    Real Salt Lake 42 32 2 48 HOPE
    San Jose Earthquakes 42 32 2 48 HOPE
    Minnesota United FC 36 32 2 42 ELIMINATED
    Colorado Rapids 30 32 2 36 ELIMINATED
    LA Galaxy 29 32 2 35 ELIMINATED
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone get additional tickets for the Semi Final today? I got 3! They sold out fast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to get 4, was surprised I was successful lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 4 as well, but I was on right at 11...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just say this with zero years of structural engineering under my belt: Why haven't we heard about expanded seating?

I gotta figure it won't happen. Maybe we are a little spoiled from last year but it seems like a real missed opportunity as every game would sell out in an instant.

If we thought last years MLS cup ticket situation was bad, man oh man. If we get there, finding tickets will be like bottling unicorn piss.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, SSHs were guaranteed that they would get a ticket. Not necessarily where they usually sat, but a ticket nonetheless. I wonder if this will still be the case if we get to the cup game and the league claws back a bunch of tickets. Hopefully FO took this into account and didn't sell more SS than could be accomodated for the cup final. That would be bad. Worst case, we all get a seat but no extra seats are available.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Last year, SSHs were guaranteed that they would get a ticket. Not necessarily where they usually sat, but a ticket nonetheless. I wonder if this will still be the case if we get to the cup game and the league claws back a bunch of tickets. Hopefully FO took this into account and didn't sell more SS than could be accomodated for the cup final. That would be bad. Worst case, we all get a seat but no extra seats are available.
    When we clinched our playoff spot in September we are guaranteed our exact seats EXCLUDING MLS Cup. so MLSE took into account what happened last year and scalled back the guarantee (mind you they are only excluding you exact location, not the fact you will get a seat should we get through)

[QUOTE]
    Toronto FC is the first team in MLS to clinch a 2017 Playoff spot. As a TFC Member here's what you need to know:

• You have first access to your seat location for home playoff matches hosted at BMO Field, excluding MLS Cup
    • You will be charged for The Knock Out Round and Eastern Conference Semi-Final Playoff seats on September 29th
    • If you don't want your Playoff seats (Don't be crazy!) please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625)
    • All Members will have access to purchase additional Playoff ticket (more information to come)

Come On You Reds!

[QUOTE]
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll be curious to see what’s available to the public tomorrow. I’m going to try and grab more.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I'll just say this with zero years of structural engineering under my belt: Why haven't we heard about expanded seating?

I gotta figure it won't happen. Maybe we are a little spoiled from last year but it seems like a real missed opportunity as every game would sell out in an instant.

If we thought last years MLS cup ticket situation was bad, man oh man. If we get there, finding tickets will be like bottling unicorn piss.
    If they expand seating, it will only be further on in the playoffs, maybe only for the cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say that if the Argos clinch the East Final in the CFL I could see the stand move a bit quicker as there would be 3 potential revenue making games to cover cost (2 TFC - East Final, MLS Cup & 1 CFL - East Final)(still wouldn't be up for TFC on November 5 though)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If they expand seating, it will only be further on in the playoffs, maybe only for the cup.
    I'm thinking its unlikely. We can only have a max of 3 home games, we know (assume) seating wont be expanded for the first one. If we move on, I'm skeptical they would add anything for what would be a max of two games. Possibly something in the north end since CFL would be done by that point, only if its easy to roll in and cheap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way they do it. Argo east final (which may not happen) (and probably won't sell out BMO if it does) vs TFC's first playoff game still gives us the numbers any day.

If they were gonna do it, they would have done it with all three. They won't do it at all. Sad thing is, if they made the call today, I'm pretty sure there is still time.

6o bucks a game x 4000 seats is a quarter of a million bucks. Can't imagine it costs 250,000 to set up temp seating, and even if it does you make that back on beer and merch. To say nothing of what happens if we play more than one game. Unless my understanding of the situation / pricing is terrible, I don't understand this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, we have over 18K of SSH. If they don't do a temp stand, its going to be REALLY tough to get all those MLS seats and still guarantee every SSH gets a seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I saw somewhere posted they now have 21K season seat holders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on at 11. Only went for an extra pair. Got it 15 ms later. Better than my regular seats. Pricing went up I believe.

I already sold my ticket but may have another confirmed for the weekend will update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would not only be a PR nightmare but borderline financial suicide to not ensure that SSH's get guaranteed seats for MLS cup should we make it there. I cannot see them not rewarding those of us that have been at BMO through the years. By my math, if we get that far, there may only be 1,000 - 2,000 tickets for the general public(21K SSH, 5K to MLS & 2-3K to visiting team). If you thought the uproar was loud last year, can you imagine what it would be with 21K being told sorry??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    It would not only be a PR nightmare but borderline financial suicide to not ensure that SSH's get guaranteed seats for MLS cup should we make it there. I cannot see them not rewarding those of us that have been at BMO through the years. By my math, if we get that far, there may only be 1,000 - 2,000 tickets for the general public(21K SSH, 5K to MLS & 2-3K to visiting team). If you thought the uproar was loud last year, can you imagine what it would be with 21K being told sorry??
    I think with the FO wording all SSH will have seats but not your exact location from through the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I think with the FO wording all SSH will have seats but not your exact location from through the season.
    I could be wrong but i haven't seen that wording. It says "You have first access to your seat location for home playoff matches hosted at BMO Field, excluding MLS Cup" which I take to mean, youre good up until MLS cup. Then all bets are off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be the same as last year... SSH have their seats to the MLS cup, but at which point they are guaranteed the amount of seats that they have just not necessarily the same location.

The only difference is that last year they did not advise that SSH would be moved from their seats in the final in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    It will be the same as last year... SSH have their seats to the MLS cup, but at which point they are guaranteed the amount of seats that they have just not necessarily the same location.

The only difference is that last year they did not advise that SSH would be moved from their seats in the final in advance
    I just don't get the logic of not allowing SSH to get their same seats for the MLS cup final. I have 3 seats in Section 110, 2 are supporter's section seats and 1 is not. Last year I got my 2 seats in the Supporter's section but my 3rd seat was way over on the west side stands, it really sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I just don't get the logic of not allowing SSH to get their same seats for the MLS cup final. I have 3 seats in Section 110, 2 are supporter's section seats and 1 is not. Last year I got my 2 seats in the Supporter's section but my 3rd seat was way over on the west side stands, it really sucked.
    As we all discussed last year, the finals is not a TFC event like every other game it is run by MLS. So you get a seat, but not necessarily your actual seat. There are corporate sponsors that the league brings in for the final which displaces fans, but at the end of the day I think we can all agree that as much as it does suck at least we would be in the final at home.

I would call your rep to see if they can do something based on your unique circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my tickets with presale code. Got lucky I think I have someone’s season seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, one thing is clear this year. The demand for tickets is even greater than last years playoff run. I got shut out of this presale. If you’re waiting for the general sale at 3pm all I can say is get multiple devices going and good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I got shut out using multiple devices all day today
    If anyone has an extra pair let me know (Y) otherwise I'll be outside banging a drum during the game haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I see the US are to play two friendlies in the November FIFA window. Hopefully this doesn't rob us of Bradley and Altidore for the Conference Semis. If we do it's an absolute joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    So I see the US are to play two friendlies in the November FIFA window. Hopefully this doesn't rob us of Bradley and Altidore for the Conference Semis. If we do it's an absolute joke.
    I can assure you when it comes to November friendlies Michael and Jozy will be nowhere near them in anyway. In recent times this has been the case and for sure will be once again.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Well, one thing is clear this year. The demand for tickets is even greater than last years playoff run. I got shut out of this presale. If you’re waiting for the general sale at 3pm all I can say is get multiple devices going and good luck!
    Watch for a release of GA tickets.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Argos clinched playoff spot last night with TiCat loss. I don’t see them adding. More stands. Argos can’t fill seats period.
    The Stamps defeated Hamilton 28-25 which locked the Argos into either hosting the East Division semifinal on Nov. 12 or the division final on Nov