Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to have secured home advantage in the p******s. It will be interesting to see how we do against teams that are on a roll at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Looking at just the table, it might appear that way without context. It could be a situation where they are all powerhouses that slug it out against each other,
    TFC record against the west - 7-3-1 (2.18 PPG). Compare to 2.03 PPG overall.

West is not a bunch of powerhouses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Im reaching here.

But it would be soooo great to see Minnesota run the table and sneak in. Big test at home vs KC, but after that they play a terrible LA team they have a showdown with SJ

A bridge too far? Almost certainly, but they hung with Altaata on the road so who knows.
    I'd LOL (but secretly smile) if they made playoffs, especially after their ridiculously bad start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    Glad to have secured home advantage in the p******s. It will be interesting to see how we do against teams that are on a roll at the end of the season.
    And who would that be? Columbus? No team is exactly hot right now, no one has better than 3 wins in their last 5 (and that includes TFC with 3 in 5). And if you're going back more than 5, TFC is the hot team, even with their 2 losses.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/results
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    And who would that be? Columbus? No team is exactly hot right now, no one has better than 3 wins in their last 5 (and that includes TFC with 3 in 5). And if you're going back more than 5, TFC is the hot team, even with their 2 losses.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/results
    Maybe no one in the first round, but Atlanta is hot right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't believe the hype. The only team they've faced in the last month "hot streak" that is even close to playoffs is Dallas. All their results are at home. You have to go back to Aug 6 to see a real test, vs SKC (draw away)...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the East now, its all about positioning.

Tie-breaking procedures (Number of wins, then GD, then GF, etc.)

We are going to finish first.

But none of the other 5 positions are settled yet.

Games to go

NYCFC
    @ NER
    vs. CBus

Atlanta
    @NYRB
    vs. Toronto

Chicago
    vs. Philly
    @ Houston

CBus
    @ Orlando
    @ NYCFC

NYRB
    vs. Atlanta
    @ DCU

Where they could finish

NYCFC - anywhere between 2nd & 5th
    To finish 2nd, win 1 game & Atlanta does not win both games
    To finish no worse then 3rd, win a game
    To finish 5th, must lose both games while Atlanta gets 4 points & Chicago & CBus both win both games

Atlanta - anywhere between 2nd & 5th
    To finish 2nd, they must win both games and NYCFC must not win another match
    A win virtually guarantees a home playoff game to start
    To finish 5th, CBus must get 4 more points then Atlanta & Chicago must get 2 more points

Chicago - anywhere between 2nd & 6th
    To finish 2nd, they must win both games while NYC gets 1 or less points while Atlanta does not win both games
    To finish 3rd, they must win both games while Atlanta does not win both games
    To finish 6th, they must lose both games, CBus must beat NYC & NYRB must win twice while making up an 11 GD

Columbus - anywhere between 2nd & 6th
    To finish 2nd, they must win both games, while NYC loses both games, Atlanta only wins 1 game & Chicago does not win both games
    To finish 3rd, they must win both games, while Atlanta gets 3 points or less & Chicago does not win both games
    To finish 6th, NYRB must win both games while Columbus does not win a game

NYRB
    To finish 4th, must win both games while Columbus does not win a game & Chicago loses both games & they make up an 11 GD on Chicago
    To finish 5th, must win both games while Columbus does not win a game

In my estimation, the most likely finishing scenario is

Toronto
    NYC
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Columbus
    NYRB
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-07-2017 at 09:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been so dominant this year, that it's kinda ruined the suspense.
    I expect nothing less than to once again host the MLS Cup.
    As for stadium expansion, by this time last year the scaffolding was already going up. MLSE would be fools not to add additional seats in both end zones, similar to what they put up for the winter classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    We've been so dominant this year, that it's kinda ruined the suspense.
    I expect nothing less than to once again host the MLS Cup.
    As for stadium expansion, by this time last year the scaffolding was already going up. MLSE would be fools not to add additional seats in both end zones, similar to what they put up for the winter classic.
    our playoff run this year certainly won't match last years drama for sure. I'd still like to go up against say, Atlanta or a columbus. Atatlanta just to shup them up, and columbus because we'd send 5k and have an amazing time.

It terms of north end expansion, form what I understand is very difficult due to the building behind the north end isn't going anywhere any time soon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....we dodged a bullet there with the possibility of Jozy & Bradley heading off to Australia in mid November.

Of course there is now another issue about MLS in particular. Its going to be NASTY in US soccer circles for awhile & Bradley & Altidore are going to get some serious shit for what happened today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the good news is Americans no longer have to play in that intercontinental playoff. However, believe it or not, the Americans are out of the world cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow holy shit, unbelievable. T&T has a population of 1.3 million by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot help but worry this is going to mess with our mojo. I hope Bradley and Jozy only use the playoffs as a way to build up from the low they're inevitably feeling right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not good for MLS and soccer’s popularity in North America in general, soccer in North America will take a huge hit is the MLS strong enough to see this out , it’s going to get interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, the USMNT's "performance" is horrible news for the development of the league (MLS)...
    The level of interest of the average people and more importantly of those in strong financial position (companies) to invest in anything related to MLS just has taken a huge shot in the nuts.

In fact this has set back the MLS with at least 4 years... but IMHO maybe with 6 years..
    Be prepared that nobody else than a couple of tens of thousands of MLS die hard followers outside the 2 finalist team's fanbase will be watching on TV the MLS Cup final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This is not good for MLS and soccer’s popularity in North America in general, soccer in North America will take a huge hit is the MLS strong enough to see this out , it’s going to get interesting.
    Sorry man, only after I posted I saw you've written almost the same thing a couple of hours earlier.
    These were my thoughts in the last 5 minutes of the US match, when it was announced that Panama is leading at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to see our neighbours to the south miss out on WC2018, however I'm glad we avoided the possibility of losing Bradley and Altidore to a 2-leg knockout tie smack in the middle of the MLS Playoffs.

Club before country.... (especially when it isn't my country)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Guys, the USMNT's "performance" is horrible news for the development of the league (MLS)...
    The level of interest of the average people and more importantly of those in strong financial position (companies) to invest in anything related to MLS just has taken a huge shot in the nuts.

In fact this has set back the MLS with at least 4 years... but IMHO maybe with 6 years..
    Be prepared that nobody else than a couple of tens of thousands of MLS die hard followers outside the 2 finalist team's fanbase will be watching on TV the MLS Cup final.
    Can agree with you m8 that the WC is the be all and end all. Yes you might lose some fair weather fans, but are they really paying an attention to the MLS anyway? MLS will live or die by the quality of product it serves up. It might all be worth noting that the goals in other games which contributed to the USs downfall were scored by players playing in MLS. The league has improved dramatically in the past decade and I see no reason why it can't continue to grow. If you look look at WC winners you'll see they have strong domestic leagues and I think that's what comes first. Hopefully the Americans see this as a need to grow the domestic product in order to improve the international one. However, fundamentally I see no connection between tonight's result and the fortunes of MLS. A lot football fans I know put their club's fortunes way before that of their national team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England has mostly sucked in their own game yet the EPL remains as popular as ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This better light a fire under Bradley's and jozys ass. Just as importantly, morrow should now get a fair shot as a usmnt starter, something to score another hatrick for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, I think this disappointment for Bradley and Altidore will motivate them further to win in MLS.....

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    personally, I think this disappointment for Bradley and Altidore will motivate them further to win in MLS.....
    I agree. Something to prove, unfinished business and all that.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Agree,this game vs Limpact might be a tough one for them after WC failure,but for playoffs I'm sure they will perform like before.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    I agree. Something to prove, unfinished business and all that.
    for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Agree,this game vs Limpact might be a tough one for them after WC failure,but for playoffs I'm sure they will perform like before.
    Yeah, Sunday might be tough for them, but I'm hoping much of the disappointment goes away for our USNT players the second the Supporters Shield comes out.....I'm very confident that they will be able to shake anything off fairly quickly...

They'd have been wise to get on the first thing smokin' back to Toronto last night/this morning, to get away from the backlash....at least they can be somewhat "protected" here in that regard.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps lifting the Supporter's Shield on Sunday will help soothe over the wounds.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    This better light a fire under Bradley's and jozys ass. Just as importantly, morrow should now get a fair shot as a usmnt starter, something to score another hatrick for
    They need new blood at goal too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    England has mostly sucked in their own game yet the EPL remains as popular as ever.
    England has sucked?

The hottest of hot takes. They qualify no problem almost every cycle yet arent good enough to be considered world class.

Far cry between that and sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    England has sucked?

The hottest of hot takes. They qualify no problem almost every cycle yet arent good enough to be considered world class.

Far cry between that and sucks.
    If you ask most people in England, they would agree that England sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    They do!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Well I stand corrected then. If most people in England think they suck, then they suck.