Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The number that really stood out tonight was that we had 827 passes in a single game, and the team passed for 91% as a whole. That's crazy. That's pretty much total domination.

EDIT: And Bradley was crazy good: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...uakes/boxscore

I swear sometimes people just don't see what's really going on with him. He complete 96% of 127 passes. I mean, holy shit.

Vazquez's WhoScored game rating was 9.51
    a dominant game but have to disagree about Bradley. Made two terrible giveaways early on, each of which could have cost us a goal. Very sloppy and not like him at all. He picked it up later on but if they had scored to go up one nil it changes the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    This is the biggest piss off.. incredibly disrespectful. Fuck CFL.. how are these Toronto writers not getting it yet.
    I'm not living in Toronto, but this is an universally valid thing.

The actual generation who is leading the sports media in TO will never get it, because in their head "soccer" (football) will be forever the 5th most important sport.
    They never gave a flying fart about football when they were kids, then teenagers, then young adults, why give now when they are 40-60?

Expect a right place for TFC in the Toronto sports media only when it will be dominated and leaded by the generation who is now maximum 30 years old. How many years will that take? 10, 15, 20? I have no idea.

But be prepared that even if TFC wins the MLS cup this year, though most of the actual leaders of the sports media will cover the event, they will be very quick to forget again about TFC when the glory dust is settled in a few weeks...
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 09-10-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Expect a right place for TFC in the Toronto sports media only when it will be dominated and leaded by the generation who is now maximum 30 years old. How many years will that take? 10, 15, 20? I have no idea.
    This is it.
    Once the old farts move on (and I'm no spring chicken, lol),
    then more attention will begin to swing towards soccer.
    Hopefully sooner than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Pathetic news coverage on digital papers this morning. The Star doesn't even mention TFC on "front page" - leads with CFL Calgary/Edmonton, followed by Hamilton/Ottawa, with US College football lead, US Open, and deserving TO Wolfpack.

G&M - Blue Jays, US OPen, Wolfpack, Blue Jays
    Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    This is the biggest piss off.. incredibly disrespectful. Fuck CFL.. how are these Toronto writers not getting it yet.
    Sun had Jozy on the cover of the Sports and game article on Pg. 2....Wolfpack was on Pg. 1...they've had far and away the best coverage for many years now....even back from the Winter/Mariner years....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I was really loving yesterday (especially compared to dismal seasons past) was defenders who not only defend well, but hold possession even under pressure. Guys already mentioned the great passes forward leading to goals. But look at Moor did just before his pass to Vazquez. With a small smart move, he dekes out the San Jose forward trying to pressure him, ends up giving himself a ton of space & an open channel to pass to Vazquez.

Earlier there was a situation where Zavaleta was double-teamed & pressured. He didn't boot it long in panic like TFC always would have in the past, therefore giving up possession. He was able to shield the ball, then they strung together 3-4 short passes to shake off the pressure and give themselves room. Those kinds of plays were happening all game throughout our defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Earlier there was a situation where Zavaleta was double-teamed & pressured. He didn't boot it long in panic like TFC always would have in the past, therefore giving up possession. He was able to shield the ball, then they strung together 3-4 short passes to shake off the pressure and give themselves room. Those kinds of plays were happening all game throughout our defense.
    Although small, this is probably the best thing we've improved from early 2016 onwards. When we win a tackle or cause a turnover in our third the defenders are much more patient and confident with getting the ball forward and maintaining possession. Bradley excels at this because he has the technique for close dribbling and short passes and the physicality to shield the ball and get away from others with speed. Credit Vanney for getting the rest of the backline disciplined to continually do this. Watching San Jose punt it forward and then having to defend again reminded me of how we used to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x - Clinched playoff spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team whether they sub a player in during a game or change a player to the starting lineup.... Just doesn't miss a beat.
    I felt like starting a chant "it's too easy"