Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Couldn't watch the game live - ober visiting in Scotland. The highlites weren't too flattering to Bradley - how was his game overall. The thing that is so brilliant this season is how good the non-DP players are. We don't panic when 1-2 of the DP's aren't on form or are Missing. Pleasure to watch.
    He pretty much dominated the midfield. After the first goal we were pretty rampant. It was like San Jose just gave up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley played a little uneven. A few doofus giveaways but some brilliant plays as well. Mostly solid on reading opposition plays. Overall a smidge less excellent than usual.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Bradley played a little uneven. A few doofus giveaways but some brilliant plays as well. Mostly solid on reading opposition plays. Overall a smidge less excellent than usual.
    I think you are being complimentary. There was far more doofus than brilliance from the captain tonight. USMNT hangover perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    I think you are being complimentary. There was far more doofus than brilliance from the captain tonight. USMNT hangover perhaps?
    he misplayed more passes than usual but he was his usual self defensivly and still played point guard on a team that scored four goals. I wouldn't be overly critical.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He pretty much dominated the midfield. After the first goal we were pretty rampant. It was like San Jose just gave up.
    That wasn't due specifically to Bradley. The whole midfield outplayed them as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    His defensive reading was quite good, with only one notable exception. He had a hangover I would agree from USMNT play with those doofus giveaways.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact lose 1-0 so TFC has now officially clinched a playoff spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference in quality between TFC and the rest of the league in terms of passing and attacking ability and technical ability and defensive control is immense.

As we were saying in our section today, its a privilege to watch this team this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed the game. Glad of the result clinching the playoff spot. Happy to see Osorio on the score sheet. Hope the injuries are just minor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This club has truly been a pleasure to watch this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The difference in quality between TFC and the rest of the league in terms of passing and attacking ability and technical ability and defensive control is immense.

As we were saying in our section today, its a privilege to watch this team this season.
    Also in work rate. They never stop trying to win back a ball. We often have two guys on someone the second they get the ball. It's like we have 22 players out there to their 11. It starts with Bradley I think.

We were seeing that game out for like 35 minutes. Hilarious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note - two goals which were opened up by a defender pass. Moor with the pass to Vasquez on the Josy first goal & Mavinga got an assist on the Osorio goal. Mavinga went to the bench and was high fiving it with the subs - looked really happy. Guy has worked so hard.

And old man Moor getting back in the last few minutes to stop an SJE foray forward. These guys really want that shutout every game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Not afraid to admit it, I'm a little nervous about this match. San Jose's always played our side tough, last year being a classic example. And Chris Wondolowski has been a TFC killer since suiting up for the Quakes. Between this match and the Blue Scum hosting Portland at Yankee Stadium, our side could end up three points behind after today. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm pretty confident for a win. TFC has not lost at home this year, and this is not the team to change that. Spirits are high for the squad, our strikers are hot, the defense is solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    Toronto FC 4, San Jose 0

NYCFC 0, Portland 1

I would like the mesquite bbq Crow please.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have clinched home field in the MLS Cup final against every team in the west ex Seattle.

We are 17 points ahead of Seattle, who have 7 to play.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore scored with his left foot I can't believe it, that's great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    TFC have clinched home field in the MLS Cup final against every team in the west ex Seattle.

We are 17 points ahead of Seattle, who have 7 to play.
    The number that really stood out tonight was that we had 827 passes in a single game, and the team passed for 91% as a whole. That's crazy. That's pretty much total domination.

EDIT: And Bradley was crazy good: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...uakes/boxscore

I swear sometimes people just don't see what's really going on with him. He complete 96% of 127 passes. I mean, holy shit.

Vazquez's WhoScored game rating was 9.51
    Last edited by jloome; 09-10-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number that really stood out tonight was that we had 827 passes in a single game, and the team passed for 91% as a whole. That's crazy. That's pretty much total domination.

EDIT: And Bradley was crazy good: https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...uakes/boxscore

I swear sometimes people just don't see what's really going on with him. He complete 96% of 127 passes. I mean, holy shit.

To bad we are not in the CCL this year. Im salivating for a TFC matchup against a top Mexican club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were a couple stretches towards the end of the game where Bradley & co. were basically playing catch on the half-way line which helps pad those passing stats. Still, a very dominant game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    To bad we are not in the CCL this year. Im salivating for a TFC matchup against a top Mexican club.
    Good point. I think we can play with any Mexican team right now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good we play Montreal with playoffs on the line for them still. Watching that game yesterday I kept thinking we need a friendly or something against higher level competition to be ready for playoff intensity. It was just far too easy yesterday and the playoffs won't be like that. Montreal will be a good tune up opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic news coverage on digital papers this morning. The Star doesn't even mention TFC on "front page" - leads with CFL Calgary/Edmonton, followed by Hamilton/Ottawa, with US College football lead, US Open, and deserving TO Wolfpack.

G&M - Blue Jays, US OPen, Wolfpack, Blue Jays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everything the team tried worked but the high degree of understanding of where everyone was on the pitch, and willingness to manage the game was at a whole different level. Trying to think when I've see this much organization from a team in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy, but is Victor Vazquez the best player in MLS ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh tho his passes rarely open up play. No disrespect to our captain but at least 50% of those passes are back to defenders or to vasquez right beside him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Pathetic news coverage on digital papers this morning. The Star doesn't even mention TFC on "front page" - leads with CFL Calgary/Edmonton, followed by Hamilton/Ottawa, with US College football lead, US Open, and deserving TO Wolfpack.

This is the biggest piss off.. incredibly disrespectful. Fuck CFL.. how are these Toronto writers not getting it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vasquez has (quietly?) made a case for our MVP this year... it's really too good to be true. I'd almost prefer if we just pretended like he didn't exist, and keep the accolades centred on Jozy and Seba. Let the man do his job without having other teams too focused on him.

Really unbelievable how good we've become this year. Never thought I'd see the day we'd be straight pummelling teams with this kind of possession. A stark change from the Preki-ball of days of yore

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL they are confused and clueless as to what to do when a Toronto team is first into the playoffs. This sports landscape is pathetic. Thanks for checking the general media. I don't anymore now that there's choice in the matter. They become less relevant every year.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    Call me crazy, but is Victor Vazquez the best player in MLS ?

He is the first player to ever make me consider adding their name to a jersey.

I won't say that he is "the best".
    But I definitely think he should be up for MVP consideration.
    Hands down the best newcomer in MLS this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media in town is run by old people who think soccer is a wuss sport and that the CFL is still relevant and will go to great lengths to make it so. They look at the rise of TFC and the decline of the Argo and put their fingers in their ears and go "LA-LA-LA-LA-I'M-NOT-LIST-NING-I'M-NOT-LIST-NING!!!"
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this team this year reminds me of watching the Keane, Donovan, Beckham side that just had so much chemistry that they managed to continually stay in games.

Never thought I'd be able to watch a team that is this dominant in their league (especially being a Toronto sports fan). Just a pure pleasure to watch right now. Keep it going Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Cooper got some action yesterday and though his passing was off he did add to our game (almost scored). I think it's important to have everyone in decent form going into the playoffs, even guys like Cooper.