Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 28 - SJE @ TFC Saturday Sept 9th 5pm - You Tell Em just One Thing

When you get great coaches

then after you have great coaches you get great players

you have a great organization

& you tell em one thing

Just Win Baby

Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-01-2017 at 06:56 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these great potential records mean zip. As Bradley has pointed out, they haven't won yet.
    Barring major injuries, TFC's future is totally in their hands at this point.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    All these great potential records mean zip. As Bradley has pointed out, they haven't won yet.
    agreed, the supporters shield is ours to lose right now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its Going to be a long week (after the Canada game of course)

Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They know what they're doing, they all on the same page. One game at a time. We don't celebrate until we get the treble.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well looks like we are going to get Jozy back and rested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well looks like we are going to get Jozy back and rested.
    Nice!
    I was happy when he got the yellow card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, I am worried that the USA national team's shitshow with Costa Rica will have a bad influence on Bradley's and Altidore's performance in TFC uniform, and not for only this coming game with SJE, but maybe for a stretch of 3-4 games.

For these guys TFC comes a distant second after the USMNT.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 09-03-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Im taking my little cousin to his first TFC game this saturday and I wanted to give him the full experience. Does anyone know if there will be a pre game march to the game? And what time it starts? Thanks

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianTFC View Post
    Hey guys. Im taking my little cousin to his first TFC game this saturday and I wanted to give him the full experience. Does anyone know if there will be a pre game march to the game? And what time it starts? Thanks
    We only have marches for specific games, this isn't one of them. However kids are welcome at the nearby Shoeless Joe's, where a lot of us hang out pregame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    On another note, I am worried that the USA national team's shitshow with Costa Rica will have a bad influence on Bradley's and Altidore's performance in TFC uniform, and not for only this coming game with SJE, but maybe for a stretch of 3-4 games.

And you are basing this on what exactly? How could you possibly know that TFC comes a distant second? Sure they will be upset by the USA performance but I doubt for 1 second it will effect their performances for TFC. And yes that's just my opinion based on their level of professionalism and the desire they show every time they step on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We only have marches for specific games, this isn't one of them. However kids are welcome at the nearby Shoeless Joe's, where a lot of us hang out pregame.
    Taking him to Shoeless Joe's before the match for a bite to eat but he really wanted to be apart of a pre game march. Do you know if any other supporter group will be organzing anything?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking him to Shoeless Joe's before the match for a bite to eat but he really wanted to be apart of a pre game march. Do you know if any other supporter group will be organzing anything?
    Not that I know of. Neither the Innebriatti nor U-Sector have posted anything.

There likely will be something later on in the year (e.g. the playoffs, or maybe one of the Montreal games), if he wants to go again.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I know of. Neither the Innebriatti nor U-Sector have posted anything.

There likely will be something later on in the year (e.g. the playoffs, or maybe one of the Montreal games), if he wants to go again.

Sounds good. Appreciate the help. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good. Appreciate the help. Cheers
    The innebriatti tend to do a mass walk if not a full on flares and fireworks march to most matches. They hang out at the cornerstore/food spot at Jefferson and liberty so you could check with them about an hour before the game to see if they will be in party mode or not. don't have any connections there so can't ask for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope Jozy and Mike get back into the swing quickly. They don't seem to have the down time that Morrow exhibited after his first time back in a while. We had so much momentum going before the break and I hope we don't lose that.

Osorio and Edwards were fantastic vs. Jamaica so hopefully they keep that fire as well as one or both could come off the bench if we keep the usual lineup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm worried about Michael Bradley having a NT hangover like he usually does.

We're going to need everyone to step up for this game.

I have a feeling that Vanney may bring in a player or two who needs minutes. Maybe Osorio and Irwin.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-05-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm worried about Michael Bradley having a NT hangover like he usually does.

We're going to need everyone to step up for this game.

I have a feeling that Vanney may bring in a player or two who needs minutes. Maybe Osorio and Irwin.
    I can't lie, I was happy about Jozy's suspension (about the only thing that made me happy watching that game). Not having to go down to San Pedro Sula and run around in that humidity is a gift from the soccer gods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tell you who won't be in a funk on Saturday...Marcos Urena...2 goals against the USA and 1 absolute belter against Mexico..hit the post in the last minute as well. He is on fire and will be well up for the game. Very glad that we are at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I tell you who won't be in a funk on Saturday...Marcos Urena...2 goals against the USA and 1 absolute belter against Mexico..hit the post in the last minute as well. He is on fire and will be well up for the game. Very glad that we are at home.
    wonder if he's the kind to then go quiet after a period of terror. but good catch, he will be one to watch and lock down. Hopefully bradley is right as rain to mark this guy out of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondo scares me more by miles.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urena is a poacher -which is Wondo's game at SJE.

More worried about Vako.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

I guess we should just release Hasler then. 8-0 loss at home in front of 5,000 people ....ouch

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note of the prematch festivities that'll be happening saturday, weekend match day why not? Come by Joe's to put your name in a draw for some merch prizes and donate to our annual fundraiser for the Terry Fox Foundation (or online terryfox.ca/rpb) and YES, we will be gathering around 3:45 to head down the street from Joe's for a little march to the stadium picking up other SGs along the way. Kick off the fall season of this epic campaign in style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Just a note of the prematch festivities that'll be happening saturday, weekend match day why not? Come by Joe's to put your name in a draw for some merch prizes and donate to our annual fundraiser for the Terry Fox Foundation (or online terryfox.ca/rpb) and YES, we will be gathering around 3:45 to head down the street from Joe's for a little march to the stadium picking up other SGs along the way. Kick off the fall season of this epic campaign in style
    why is this not plastered everywhere!!! come on veep. get the word out!!!

side note, as of writing this i checked the time and realized this is the start of your march information roll out. keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A90=\\]=[
    aqz

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Plus it will be really busy in the area with the Wolfpack also playing essentially at the same time. They kickoff at 4:30, Reds at 5 pm.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Plus it will be really busy in the area with the Wolfpack also playing essentially at the same time. They kickoff at 4:30, Reds at 5 pm.
    And for those travelling in on the Lakeshore GO (either direction) the Jays game is a 4pm start as well. Busy, Busy.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND.....King St is closed Spadina to University for TIFF.

Take the Dufferin or Ossington bus to Liberty Village or the Union Car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if Jozy appears off of his game Sat it could be that he is a little distracted with his girlfriend playing in the Women's US Open tennis final at 4:00pm !!!