Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to go scrub away some posts saying we should bring him in. They look awful.
    You should own the history. It wasn't unreasonable to say at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I remember that thread when Kreis was free. I think I said I'd take Kreis over Vanney at the time, but it looks like MLS3.0 has passed Kreis by. Either that or his RSL teams' performances were due to Lagerway's GM acumen (that Seattle now enjoys).

I'd ride Vanney now until he decides to leave.
    Kreis was better than Vanney at the time. Remember how we used to critique Vanney's odd substitutions? His strange strategies? Not using the best players? All that was true. However Vanney had more upside because he was learning very quickly, and I'm sure Bez saw that and was willing to give him time. Patience (something TFC was not noted for before Bez became GM) paid off. I would now put Vanney as now one of the best in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely hated the Vanney hire. Seemed like just another bush league thing to do, letting a raw rookie GM hand pick a candidate with no experience.

I did not want Kreis, even though I wasn't sold on Vanney at the time Kreis became available. I voted to give Vanney one more year.

Remember Manning giving Vanney 8 games at the start of 2016? I hated that too.

Winning is all that matters, in the end. Lots of winning matters even more!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Kreis & Lagerway before them, Vanney and Bez have changed the league. 4-4-2 diamonds took over for a long time. Then it was 4-2-3-1 (Portland, CBus, DCU & NER style)

I think the 3-5-2 is used by TFC because that's what suits our team's 3 DP's best. Still, other people are copying that now.

And, you gotta know that a whole whack of owners looked at Giovinco and said, "We need to get one of those types." Thus Lodeiro & Dos Santos.