Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks really good on TV, but is bad in person. The worst part is that when people want to go for a smoke at half-time, they make you stand in this smoker's pen kind of thing, where away fans are surrounded by home fans and if potentially something can kick off. Add in their trailer washrooms and this makes for a pretty bad venue. I will always love Montreal away days though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Saputo Stadium is beautiful at field level/in the stands. Its behind the stands in the concourse where you realize how minor league it is. It really wasn't that much of an upgrade from their USL facility.
    The important parts: the field, the stands, the atmosphere, are excellent. They have Porta potties. Who cares? Great sightlines, an impeccable field, and maniac fans. Bring it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me chime in on a few things:

- Osario sucks
    - Stade Suputo is horrible and not considered a real stadium in my opinion (been there 4 times)
    - Absolutely love the experience when TFC plays Mtl. The Toronto fans were louder and drowning out Montreal fans. Especially loved that the Toronto fans were singing O'Canada in English and drowning out the entire stadium singing it in French.
    - We need crappy stadiums in the league so more top players would want to come to Toronto. We also need crappy stadiums so its cheaper for us to attend away games. Gotta look on the positives.
    - Giovinco crying was hiliarous. And he scoring and silencing all the montreal fans while the bell was still ringing was classic!
    - Montreal didn't play poorly but they were out classed.
    - Bono is the MAN!!!!
    - Can't wait for the Jamaica vs Canada game. I'm a dual citizen so I'm cheering for both teams and am just looking forward to a great game.
    Last edited by strictlye; 08-31-2017 at 11:40 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The important parts: the field, the stands, the atmosphere, are excellent. They have Porta potties. Who cares? Great sightlines, an impeccable field, and maniac fans. Bring it on.
    The stands back when I used to watch the Toronto Lynx in Centennial Stadium were better than what Saputo has (although they were only half the field). So were the washroom facilities.

I'm surprised that MLS let Joey go so cut rate even back in 2010, it screams "minor league," I doubt they would allow that today.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldtimer, I'm usually with you, but not in comparing Centennial to Saputo Cheese stadium. I watched the Lynx, and went to numerous track meets at Centennial. Not bad for a municipal stadium but come on, it's nothing like Saputo. My only point is its a great place to go at the
    moment as TFC supporters, so why are we criticising the washrooms? Silencing the Bell is surely more interesting and more fun.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Oldtimer, I'm usually with you, but not in comparing Centennial to Saputo Cheese stadium. I watched the Lynx, and went to numerous track meets at Centennial. Not bad for a municipal stadium but come on, it's nothing like Saputo. My only point is its a great place to go at the
    moment as TFC supporters, so why are we criticising the washrooms? Silencing the Bell is surely more interesting and more fun.
    Nope I'm with OT on this.

I'm jelly of the reno at the Sap stadium inside but their facilities are the worst.

Now I'd trade with their sitch any day of the week (Alouettes share?) but porto potties are not pro.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favourite chants - both happened after the game and directly at Oduro as he walked through the remaining Impact fans, on the dusty gravel walkway, in his fresh suit, to his car.: "Toronto Reject" and "Where's My Pizza?".