Legend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    Legend!
    Do you frequent Houston bars?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My God!
    I had forgotten so many of these people.
    How has it been over a decade already?
    How have so many people played for this team?
    Bonkers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Cunningham was our best forward ever. Still remember that Montreal game where he couldn't bag the goal line sitter, and Carver called him out for his lack of work ethic.

Still remember that transfer window where we waited with baited breath for news about our pursuit of the mighty Paul Dickov too.

Cesar was our best keeper ever by a mile. Aside from that, I honestly think I'd probably take the current starting lineup in it's entirety. The quality of play in MLS is miles better than it was a decade ago, and I just don't know how even club "legends" like Dichio or Robbo would fare against a good 2017 MLS team - never mind an Andy Iro or Colin Samuel. Maybe you could slot in a Frings or Guevara too.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Both Mista and Cunningham had really bad attitudes, but Mista was a DP, which gives him double negative points. My main memory of him was of him being subbed out and kicking over the water bottle stand. For Cunningham, this picture is cemented in my mind:

He could have the occasional flash of something good, though, as in this 2008 game report where he scored the winner ending a 10 game road losing streak (wow, our team was sooo bad): https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...d_drought.html

Usanov we nicknamed "Uselessanov." I agree with you that Kantari was the worst of the three so make Usanov a sub for the worst XI.
    Great talk, guys. this thread is welcome right now while we're tops.

OT I'd have to argue that wile Mista WAS a DP, but Cuntiham was the closest thing to a sure thing in the league. But so was Ruiz and he was like the second coming of Jeffrey above. Ruiz gets top spot for me.

Top of the Shitheap of course.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER