Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Criticisms have degraded to: the supporters have used the same chant for too long.

And come to think of it, Vanney hasn't broken out his Miami Vice gear all summer. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5GallonAlan View Post
    That Iceland cheer is getting old. Come on guys get something fresh and original going.
    I know it got more popular when Iceland would do it after each Euro game last year, but teams have been doing that clap waaaaay before Iceland. Back when I was in 127, the North End Elite would do it every game! On second thought, maybe doing it for the past 8 years IS old.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next people will say that Dichio 24 is getting old. Why can't we just be happy?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are happy.

Well played game by the whole team. A joy to watch.

Love the clap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That was fun.
    Was it ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome game.

I hope Edwards starts in Montreal on the weekend, unless there's some back room stuff going on we don't know about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we must complain about something then i suggest all the flags that are waved with ball in play lol. I always have no idea whats going on in the left corner when the ball is there. Love the clap as its the only time the whole stadium is involved but there is always that one ass every game who tries to ruin the timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game! Surprised by the strong lineup and formation shift

Should have brought a jacket man lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome game, I loved that we were able to dominate a weak opponent.

I agree that Osorio was great tonight: offensively, but also defensively.

Anybody have a highlight of the goal that was called back, I guess it was offside?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next people will say that Dichio 24 is getting old. Why can't we just be happy?
    What a ride this is. Lets all just enjoy it. This journey is nowhere near a conclusion yet, not even close. This team tied its season high of 15 wins last night, previously reached in 2015. They are only going to build on this with eight games still to go in the regular season. Amazingly they also tied their single season high of 53 points against the Union.

In many ways I am shaking my head regarding the Reds each and every day. Pinch me now, please don't tell me its a dream ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another excellent performance from the Reds

I don't think I've ever seen us play a better passing game that I did at spells in that game tonight, particularly in the 1st half. It was truly sublime at times. What a find we have in Hasler, I just hope GV finds a way to balance his playing time with Beitashour so we can maximize the best of both. Several really classy performances throughout the side tonight however it's hard to see past Vasquez as MOTM. Another great acquisition by Vanney and Bezbatchenko. Let's hope he is the piece we were missing last season and is the one who will drive us all the way to a MLS Cup triumph this time round.

Next up are the poutine eaters. Strangely I am more worried about the three ties we have with them, than any of the other regular season fixtures we have left. Still if we play to our best surely our quality will tell in the end. Time to silence that goddamn bell...

Onwards and upwards TFC ... glory awaits you! Make yourself legends!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just simply an all around performance from them. Gonna take a day or two to fully process how well they played. Passing that ball around. They weren't playing soccer, they were playing FOOTBALL :P

And as others have mentioned, if there's ever a game that's a toss up for us, it's against Montreal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Iceland cheer is getting old. Come on guys get something fresh and original going.
    Lol If you're in the south there is something new every match. If you got a song ready we're listening.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Come on man...
    Why is something good getting old after just 1 year?

Anyway, it's a lot better than ringing some good damn bell after each goal, or cutting some stupid timber log in smaller stupid pieces.
    Disagree. That log is tradition. That bell is plastic with no tradition with Philly in the league. Philly should have a poutine celebration that would make as much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    This is like a year-two comment. When the team is getting results like this its viking clap all the way!
    Or just a comment from someone not used to forum responses.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I know it got more popular when Iceland would do it after each Euro game last year, but teams have been doing that clap waaaaay before Iceland. Back when I was in 127, the North End Elite would do it every game! On second thought, maybe doing it for the past 8 years IS old.
    Ya and U-sec was syncing it with us back then. It's not new Iceland just got the rest of the stadiums attention.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    After being proven wrong with overeaction to mavingas debut i have learned to be quiet and trust management. They know what theyre doing hasnt been a bust signing in years
    I critized Mavinga after his display in the game vs Atl, but hes been an absolute beast in the back since then making numerous interceptions and crucial tackles. After Jozy's goal last night I havent been that happy and celebrated a tfc goal that much since Gio soccer in the 94 min aganist montreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only was able to see the highlights. It sounds like it was a dominant performance, but the MLS website makes it look a lot closer game than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, you are so wrong. We do it once, it gets the whole stadium going. So no. It's not getting old.

Unrelated, but this was an awesome game from start to finish. After so many garbage years, this is really refreshing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Yeah, it's the one cheer/chant that still gets the whole stadium going all the way to the north end. There is video of us doing this somewhere around year 1/2 so maybe it needs to be renamed.

What a game and a carnival to add to the atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Disagree. That log is tradition. That bell is plastic with no tradition with Philly in the league. Philly should have a poutine celebration that would make as much sense.

I hate the limp-act and fart in their general direction but this isn't quite right. Montreal is known as the city of churches/steeples and therefore church bells. it's perfect for them. Philly had their chance to claim it but they went with some stupid DOOP shit that I still have no comprehension of to this day. and not sure how well a cracked bell rings.
    They tried to buy a quebec bell but couldn't find one since they were all still in use so this one is funnily enough american.......
    ps I hope their bell is shat on by 3 dozen geese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, please, please let this beautiful season end the way it should.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That log is tradition.
    It actually goes back to the NASL Timbers, who were owned by a lumber firm. It all makes sense if you know the history.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rtland-timbers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Jim
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night had a bit of a feel of the playoffs to me. Summer is coming to an end, every game means something now...the fun is over and now it's all about winning every 90 minutes. Could feel it in the crowd and the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before, I'll say it again.
    The TFC/BMO Field activity after the scoring of a goal should be ..... the construction of a condo. Maybe just the cardboard cut out of a condo? Maybe over top of the Food Building so that it does not obscure any view of the lake (or the game)?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game last night, and Hasler is starting to show that Vanney may have a 2-headed monster for the right-wingback spot with Beita.
    Feels as though depending on the opponents style Hasler would be the offensive option, and Beita would be the defensive option with one coming in for the other around 60-65 minutes (like the last 2 games).

Osorio showed that even with almost no minutes over the last month that he still has something to contribute to this team off the bench (and spot start where needed). Defensively is what we need to cover to Victor and Bradley to move up the field.

Victor's distribution is still absolutely amazing to view and the way he finds guys on runs that would never have even be thought off during the first few TFC years.
    Mavinga is quietly looking to be our defender of the year with his athleticism and recovery speed despite the auspicious start against ATL.
    (I feel as though we need to work on a song to the tune of 'Take my Breath Away' by Berlin for either of them)

Jozy and Seba are just BEASTS! 'nuff said.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    The TFC/BMO Field activity after the scoring of a goal should be ..... the construction of a condo. Maybe just the cardboard cut out of a condo? Maybe over top of the Food Building so that it does not obscure any view of the lake (or the game)?
    After every goal we could have one of the Capos line up for 2 hours for brunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how we've been able to slot in a few nee players without missing a beat, and in fact adding a whole new dimension. Like Hasler. I don't even know who someone loke Edwards is going to get any more minutes. And he's shown a lot when he's played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    After every goal we could have one of the Capos line up for 2 hours for brunch
    Lol. That was good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually goes back to the NASL Timbers, who were owned by a lumber firm. It all makes sense if you know the history.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...rtland-timbers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Jim
    Tradition or not it's Still really stupid and gimmicky to cut a damn log after a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Nah, it should be the publishing of a transit study.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Nah, it should be the publishing of a transit study.
    On a giant napkin....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I hate the limp-act and fart in their general direction but this isn't quite right. Montreal is known as the city of churches/steeples and therefore church bells. it's perfect for them. Philly had their chance to claim it but they went with some stupid DOOP shit that I still have no comprehension of to this day. and not sure how well a cracked bell rings.
    They tried to buy a quebec bell but couldn't find one since they were all still in use so this one is funnily enough american.......
    ps I hope their bell is shat on by 3 dozen geese.
    Sure but you have a step between churches and bells. Philly is known for a bell. I doubt they'd have to actually crack it for authenticity. but whatever.

That Doop is a just a tradition because they did it after goals and put it over their pa system. Half the teams in the league sung that doop before they existed.

Including us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER