Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    ...per seat from last year because we love you. Thanks for your support."
    Still trying to give out those Free Hugs, eh?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Still trying to give out those Free Hugs, eh?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Hippies
    I think if that photo was in colour..... if would be kinda disgusting. Like you could almost smell the BO.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if that photo was in colour..... if would be kinda disgusting. Like you could almost smell the BO.
    Their love overpowers the stench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you folks think that MLSE decided to move TFCII to Lamport based on how much success the Wolfpack are seeing at the gate in an intimate stadium right in Liberty Village...this is where the Argos should have probably started instead of BMO Field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Do you folks think that MLSE decided to move TFCII to Lamport based on how much success the Wolfpack are seeing at the gate in an intimate stadium right in Liberty Village...this is where the Argos should have probably started instead of BMO Field.
    A bit but not entirely.

USL will require as of next year all teams be in stadiums with minimum 5000 capacity (Ontario Soccer Centre was never even close to 2000 seats over the last couple of years).

So its a combo hoping that with them close to Liberty they may see a slight bump in attendance, but mainly they moved to meet new league requirements.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting note in talking with my ticket rep. No ability to opt out of paying for knockout game. If all goes as planned it becomes a non-issue and a credit for any other potential playoff games, but forces SSH to purchase seats no matter what. Living in Windsor means not getting up for mid-week games unless taking time off work so would not make it. Now, the end result is inconvenience more than anything - no problem ever finding someone to take the ticket. Still a little surprising and frustrating that the option is not there (as it was last year).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekajake View Post
    Interesting note in talking with my ticket rep. No ability to opt out of paying for knockout game. If all goes as planned it becomes a non-issue and a credit for any other potential playoff games, but forces SSH to purchase seats no matter what. Living in Windsor means not getting up for mid-week games unless taking time off work so would not make it. Now, the end result is inconvenience more than anything - no problem ever finding someone to take the ticket. Still a little surprising and frustrating that the option is not there (as it was last year).
    Ticket trader on this board is quite active if you can't find a friend to take it.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumd...-Ticket-Trader
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely agree - no harm / no problem finding a taker (friend or here on the board) for SSH cost. My point was more to the fact that we aren't given an option and the inconvenience associated with it. For all the dry years though, it's frankly a much better problem to have than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Ticket trader on this board is quite active if you can't find a friend to take it.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumd...-Ticket-Trader

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another year, another increase for light grey.
    The main effect will be that people will start thinking of selling more tickets. In the past Ive always given tix away, or said just grab me a large beer next time, or sold them for a max of 20 bucks each. But ive heard others brag about prices theyre getting on stubhub. Perhaps thats why my section seems to be overrun by tourists half the time.
    I wouldnt be as upset about this increase if it werent for that 40 percent bump in light grey before.
    I'm still renewing, but this is BS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I have things a bit weirder (and better) in 220 --- legacy pricing in effect ---

Up until 2016 I was the same as you mentioned in 111 ---

2012: 399 (I think it was this or close to it)
    2013: 228 (when things rolled back to year 1 pricing)
    2014: 228
    2015: 228
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase) ---- which is $19 a ticket for 17 games

My 2017 was $360 ($720) for 19 games ($684 + $36 for the two CCL games - for a pair) --- actually this is $18.95 (!) per ticket (without the CCL "discount" it would be about $20.12 per ticket for 17 games)

My 2018 is $388 ($776) for 20 games which is $19.40 a ticket

Anyone else have different pricing for the upper west side light greys (219/220/226/227)?
    I think everyone did. Looking at my notes, they match magmadragon exactly. However, you say it was $360 for 19 games. My notes say it was $342 in upper light grey, not $360. However my notes say the upper light grey plus 2 CCL games (there were half-price) was $360.

my seats in 112 with "first year" pricing are now $283 (including tax).
    my added seat in 112 without "first year" pricing (despite my being a day-zero SSH) is now $425 (including tax).
    Yeah, that's exactly what I have.

So is it safe to say that everyone who joined after year one is paying $425 per seat in the south end?
    Ah, it's more complicated than that. They introduced the whole year 1 pricing thing in 2013 for those who had 2012 seasons, and held it in both 2014 and 2015. Meanwhile 2013 purchasers got higher pricing. In 2014 they held 2013 at what they paid the year before, and went even higher.

I've started to lose track, but I think there's only 3 tiers at renewal. Those that purchased in 2012 or earlier, 2013, 2014 and later. And then a 4th tier for new seasons each year.

But it's become increasingly difficult to reverse engineer how they are doing this.
    Last edited by nfitz; 08-23-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The invoices showed up in the mail and included inside was a coupon book for SSH. For pop, candy, and pizza. I wonder if this was supposed to be originally included with our tickets at the start of the season. Odd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my coupons now --- always good to send them with only 4 home games left in the regular season (coupons say regular season use only).....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Just got my coupons now --- always good to send them with only 4 home games left in the regular season (coupons say regular season use only).....
    During the game last week, a putz sitting behind me spat beer and pepperoni onto my neck during a coughing fit. That turned me off pizza pizza for life. Coupons given away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    During the game last week, a putz sitting behind me spat beer and pepperoni onto my neck during a coughing fit. That turned me off pizza pizza for life. Coupons given away

Please check the ticket trader thread for news re my single season seat for 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI, in the latest communication to STH it states you will not have first access to your seats in the event TFC participates/hosts MLS Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Just an FYI, in the latest communication to STH it states you will not have first access to your seats in the event TFC participates/hosts MLS Cup.
    They are just covering there asses, will be no different than last year. They have to be ready for league needs and react to it. The south season seat holders will likely get their seats. The only difference this year is that there won't be the 5,000 extra seats that were in place for the Grey Cup/Outdoor Leafs game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    They are just covering there asses, will be no different than last year. They have to be ready for league needs and react to it. The south season seat holders will likely get their seats. The only difference this year is that there won't be the 5,000 extra seats that were in place for the Grey Cup/Outdoor Leafs game.
    Would not the revenue from seat sales cover the cost of putting up temp stands?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Would not the revenue from seat sales cover the cost of putting up temp stands?
    It really comes down to timing, you would need a lot more than the two weeks you would have between the East Final and MLS Cup to get them up. If you remember last year there started putting them up much earlier. I guess if they wanted to, they could role the dice and do a bit of the work beforehand without knowing that they actually will be for anything , but I don't think they would take such a risk.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With no Grey Cup in Toronto this year, they could put a simpler set of stands in the North End, where the Argos north endzone normally is, for the MLS Cup. There wouldn't be as much extra room as last year, but it would be a lot cheaper & quicker to set up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also the option to put in extra seats in the south in anticipation of at least one home playoff game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There is also the option to put in extra seats in the south in anticipation of at least one home playoff game.
    I can see them doing that in the hopes for a deep run. The time lapse between our last home regular season game and our first playoff game (provided we stay top 2) will be 3 weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a matter of how many extra seats will come in and when TFC can add them (city/exhibition place permits, etc).

MLSE know that they can sell the tickets. it also all depends on where the Argos end up for CFL playoffs as well (either East Semi or East final).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Yes we noticed that too.
    Remember all the crap many SSH had to experience last year?
    We got seats but DID NOT get to watch the match in our season seats with our usual TFC SSH!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won't get those seats again....comes with the territory.

As long as they hold a seat for us somewhere, I'm OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day, I think we can live with that problem if we get to finals.. At least now it has been communicated better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't think the seating for MLS Cup has to be as chaotic as last year. Simplest change: why let SSH's pick different seats during their time slots, when their own seats are still available at that time? That alone creates far more disruption than is necessary. We heard all kinds of crazy stories about that.

Additional simple solution: the league VIPs will want some of the best seats around the Rogers Club. Not much you can do about that. But many others that come in via the league allocation don't want or need to be there; e.g. fans of other teams. Solution: put up a nice North Stand with good views. Include some extras like cup holders and prawn sandwich holders. Non-VIP league allocated seats go there in block. It also becomes a good block of seats with nice views for local SSH'ers which got bumped.

Those things would reduce unnecessary disruption outside of the south end (which doesn't get bumped anyway). In many areas, the atmosphere suffers when you don't know anyone around you.

Of course I'll always be happy if we get far enough to have this problem; it is a great problem to have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, they should leave the Supporter's section seating to the Supporters and give out everything else. The league wants to have an atmosphere, right? You can't have that with supporters scattered all around the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Honestly, they should leave the Supporter's section seating to the Supporters and give out everything else. The league wants to have an atmosphere, right? You can't have that with supporters scattered all around the stadium.
    That's exactly what they did last year, but only after TFC told MLS to not even go there as far as moving the South end out.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I still don't think the seating for MLS Cup has to be as chaotic as last year. Simplest change: why let SSH's pick different seats during their time slots, when their own seats are still available at that time? That alone creates far more disruption than is necessary. We heard all kinds of crazy stories about that.
    Would be tough to manage that. When I logged in my seats (I don't sit in the south end) were available so I grabbed them even though there were better seats available. First, I thought it only fair that people that actually had those seats to the season get to grab them and second, I wanted to sit in my seat that I have had for the past 7 years.

One guy in my sec didn't get his seats (weren't available) but he did get seats 5 rows in front. He went to his regular spot and tried to swap - give those people the better seats - but they didn't bite. Not sure why.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)