Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Fucking ML$E.

$135 in 111 for the playoffs. This is consistent with last year's playoff prices (Knockout $65, Conference Semi $70 = $135). Conference Final was $85 and Final was $90.
    $430 in 111 for the season.

So after large increases the past 2 seasons they are doing it again. Whatever similarity in prices that existed between Yellow and Light Grey is long gone. I had the legacy pricing but that has greatly eroded compared to the yellows.

It seems they are justifying it by including TFC2 games https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital...20Contract.pdf

I'd rather pay less since I never go to those, but perhaps others will appreciate having TFC2 seasons for $50. Still feels like an easy cash grab since most people will not take full advantage of this (Do people have enough time to go to this many games on top of the first team?). That said they will be at Lamport and BMO Field so maybe more people will take advantage of this. I just feel like MLSE has forgotten that we are a supporters section as well and have historically been priced much closer to the yellows.

What it looked like the past few years in 111:

2012: 399
    2013: 228 (when things rolled back to year 1 pricing)
    2014: 228
    2015: 228
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase). BTW the home playoff games that did not happen were listed as $40 each for the first 2 games. So in an alternate reality where we beat Montreal, Conference Semi and Conference Final would have been $40 each.
    2017: 380 -- 361 for season + 19 for CCL (subsequently refunded due to CCL format change) <-- Let's call this 20 games for consistency
    2018: 430 for 20 games (no specific breakdown for CCL price, but if we go long in CCL this will cover us until the Semi-Finals *If we assume 2 legs at each stage* so plan for more $$$ for the CCL Final and the Voyageurs Cup games)

I don't have older emails for previous prices but I know they were less than 399 as that was the peak after consistent annual increases. I'm glad I only have my one seat. Not sure how the rest of you afford multiples

Any newer SHH in lower light grey want to chime in? How much are you being dinged (is legacy pricing still a thing)?
    You are looking at 7.7% above 2012, isn't that worth it upgrading from Julian de Guzman to Michael + Seba + Jozy? Plus a decent scouting network instead of just one player agent? Plus a huge investment in TFC2? To me it's a no-brainer.

MLSE has lost a tonne of money on TFC in the last few years. TFC isn't a charity, MLSE invested for the long-haul, they will want a reasonable return on investment. If they can get it 100% from sponsors, great, but realistically I knew we would eventually have to pony up.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-16-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least the team is doing well during the increase unlike the jays lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to wonder how sustainable 15-20% increases are though. Hopefully the pace slows down in the next few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there no way to see a breakdown if you have more than 1 pair of tickets? i just see a 2018 renewal amount for 4 tix i have and no breakdown of how much each pair costs (they are in diff sections). they really need to update this site circa 10yrs ago.

update - just called and they broke it down for me. would make more sense to show them on the AM broken down though.
    Last edited by dal524; 08-16-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I have an interesting bit to add. I have 7 tickets in 112, 6 with legacy pricing and 1 without.

Legacy 2017->2018: 240 to 283
    W/o Legacy 2017->2018: 360 to 425
    I guess that answers my question then. Seems they got rid of legacy in 111 (or light greys more broadly) and our current price of 430 is close to the 425 non-legacy price. Or at least that's my guess. Any recent people in light greys want to comment on how much you are paying? Is it more than 430?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You are looking at 7.7% above 2012, isn't that worth it upgrading from Julian de Guzman to Michael + Seba + Jozy? Plus a decent scouting network instead of just one player agent? Plus a huge investment in TFC2? To me it's a no-brainer.

MLSE has lost a tonne of money on TFC in the last few years. TFC isn't a charity, MLSE invested for the long-haul, they will want a reasonable return on investment. If they can get it 100% from sponsors, great, but realistically I knew we would eventually have to pony up.
    I get that but it's still frustrating how things have diverged from the yellows. People said I should have moved in the past when we jumped to 323 but you and I both know you get to know the people around you after all these years. No way I want to lose my neighbours. Same reason everyone outside the supporters sections was pissed about the seat lottery for MLS Cup. We didn't get moved but I felt terrible for everyone else.

Of course I'll take the team we have now but it still sucks to have my costs almost double in 4 years. It's fine for the guys in yellow but the rest of us have gotten hosed. It is what it is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my seats in 112 with "first year" pricing are now $283 (including tax).
    my added seat in 112 without "first year" pricing (despite my being a day-zero SSH) is now $425 (including tax).

So is it safe to say that everyone who joined after year one is paying $425 per seat in the south end?

edit: It seems kodiac already did the numbers for me and is looking at the same info. Cheers!

I have an interesting bit to add. I have 7 tickets in 112, 6 with legacy pricing and 1 without.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My southend end season tickets is $338 per. My first season with tickets in my own account was 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    my added seat in 112 without "first year" pricing (despite my being a day-zero SSH) is now $425 (including tax).

So is it safe to say that everyone who joined after year one is paying $425 per seat in the south end?

edit: It seems kodiac already did the numbers for me and is looking at the same info. Cheers!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first season was 2011 and I was in the north at that time. I've been in 113 now for probably 4 seasons as i don't remember the exact year and I pay 283 per seat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of thoughts. I haven't seen my final price yet as my seatmate gets that info first.

- I was expecting prices to go up a bit. Overall doesn't seem to bad.

- Two years after the 42% price shocker for light grey, I'm not too happy about the apparent 19% increase in that area. (Section 226 for me.) The hope at the time (incl. from ticket reps) was that light grey % increases would be low from then on.

- The increasing price differential between supporters seats & everything else (especially light grey) is dangerous. It means many people try to get into the supporters area for the price, and not to support. It also increases the scalping pressure and "season ticket resale" in that area like somebody just described here on the forum. I think they paid somebody $1000 to get rights to their pair of supporter's area tickets? If it's going to another dedicated fan, that's one thing. But you can bet scalpers will get into that game one way or another. Then you get more people only there for the price and no interest in actively supporting; and/or party tourists there to get drunk and soak up the "great atmosphere" or worse.

- Light greys were the reasonable family-area tickets. After just getting hit with a 20% cut in my own salary starting this month, and after already dropping one season seat and sharing with a friend after the 42% price increase, things aren't getting easier.

- Resale value is better than it has been at times in the past, but still not great all the time. This year we had too many early-season home games, and too close together, at the beginning of the season, and fewer summer and early fall home games, when the weather & resale values are better. Despite being in light grey, I had trouble moving some games earlier this season (e.g. here on the ticket trader). I think it's extremely hard for some of the dark grey & red seats, and some of the crazy-priced seats on the east side.
    If they have a more balanced schedule in the future years, that would help. I know part of the reason this year was the Gold Cup pushing more games into the early months. But I'm afraid that part of the lopsided early scheduling was also to free up room for the Argos schedule in the summer and fall. That will be case every season, with no benefit to the footy fan. (I don't want to pay for the Argos by having more home games in the early-season bad weather, and barely being able to give tickets away for some games especially after further price increases.)

- Oldtimer, I know that magmadragon's numbers started in 2012, but it's not a great year to compare with when deciding what's reasonable. 2012 was completely whacked in terms of price, quality of the team, and value. And it was not sustainable: they had to do something drastic or our attendance & outlook would have been worse than the Argos.

I know running TFC costs money. The roof was expensive & can help to make games more enjoyable. Giovinco is amazing & a great investment. I love Bradley and Altidore as well, but over time as the team and management has stabilized, I hope that they go for more high-value players (like we already have a number) rather than highest cost; and/or for effective "stars" that sell even more tickets in the GTA. But I guess that's not the MLSE way.

I guess I'll keep my one ticket & spend even less on the concessions in the future, although I've already been trending towards $0. I'll talk it over at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no legacy pricing
    Sec 111 (pair of tickets)
    2017 pricing - $950
    2018 pricing - $1122

2017 playoff pricing - $270

$561 per ticket is a lot more than the $430 listed above.. Was really hoping to stay under a grand for the pair
    At least I got a free jersey with the 2017 tickets

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking ML$E.

$135 in 111 for the playoffs. This is consistent with last year's playoff prices (Knockout $65, Conference Semi $70 = $135). Conference Final was $85 and Final was $90.
    $430 in 111 for the season.

So after large increases the past 2 seasons they are doing it again. Whatever similarity in prices that existed between Yellow and Light Grey is long gone. I had the legacy pricing but that has greatly eroded compared to the yellows.

It seems they are justifying it by including TFC2 games https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital...20Contract.pdf

I'd rather pay less since I never go to those, but perhaps others will appreciate having TFC2 seasons for $50. Still feels like an easy cash grab since most people will not take full advantage of this (Do people have enough time to go to this many games on top of the first team?). That said they will be at Lamport and BMO Field so maybe more people will take advantage of this. I just feel like MLSE has forgotten that we are a supporters section as well and have historically been priced much closer to the yellows.

What it looked like the past few years in 111:

2012: 399
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase). BTW the home playoff games that did not happen were listed as $40 each for the first 2 games. So in an alternate reality where we beat Montreal, Conference Semi and Conference Final would have been $40 each.
    2017: 380 -- 361 for season + 19 for CCL (subsequently refunded due to CCL format change) <-- Let's call this 20 games for consistency
    2018: 430 for 20 games (no specific breakdown for CCL price, but if we go long in CCL this will cover us until the Semi-Finals *If we assume 2 legs at each stage* so plan for more $$$ for the CCL Final and the Voyageurs Cup games)

I don't have older emails for previous prices but I know they were less than 399 as that was the peak after consistent annual increases. I'm glad I only have my one seat. Not sure how the rest of you afford multiples

Any newer SHH in lower light grey want to chime in? How much are you being dinged (is legacy pricing still a thing)?
    I have things a bit weirder (and better) in 220 --- legacy pricing in effect ---

Up until 2016 I was the same as you mentioned in 111 ---

2012: 399 (I think it was this or close to it)
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase) ---- which is $19 a ticket for 17 games

My 2017 was $360 ($720) for 19 games ($684 + $36 for the two CCL games - for a pair) --- actually this is $18.95 (!) per ticket (without the CCL "discount" it would be about $20.12 per ticket for 17 games)

My 2018 is $388 ($776) for 20 games which is $19.40 a ticket

Anyone else have different pricing for the upper west side light greys (219/220/226/227)?

Playoff prices are the same as last year for me which is $60/$65 for the first two rounds ($250 invoice for a pair for each round or $125 per seat).....its crazy that the various discrepancies exist, obviously I am on the "better side" of these things so I am not complaining in the least, but I understand other people's frustrations.....it's still way better than the Marlies ransom packs which I remember buying.....I actually had a ST single in 112 that I bought from a friend of mine in 2010 and 2011 (he moved to Alberta), really wish I would have had it transferred to me somehow back then just to have kept it going forward especially at such a cheap price.....I guess I'm lucky to have what I do after hearing from most of you on the boards this past day or so......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seats are also in 111 and are $430 as well.

However, I dont know what pricing scheme I am under since the seats were transferred to my name this year(technically I was the one going to games before, but under different family member name), so I am not sure if that reset the "legacy" status or not.

This is to the above question about if pricing was changed. However the original owner got seats in 2008 or 2009 I dont remember when we got seasons first year. We had the Half and Half pack withthe Marlies the first couple years
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Maybe lost in all this is that TFCII are moving to Lamport?
    I did not know this. cheers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things I'm trying to remember when I got to twitter discussions about all this:

• a certain amount of the total % increase is reasonable for the Champions League match, which is added to our current roster of games. That was not going to be freely added to this year's prices. Probably subtract 6 percentage points from how much things went up and work out from there whether the increase is justified in your own mind
    • everybody's situation is different and what seems a reasonable request to one person is simply not doable for others. I think we have gotten to the point where season membership beyond the south is not affordable to a large % of the people who attend games now using single tickets. There is a reason why the upper regions of the East side are being populated now like they were not 2 seasons ago. I do not begrugde anybody who has concerns over the price they can pay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take another increase next year if it meant each section within the south was GA.

But sure, FREE TFC 2 tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
    I have no legacy pricing
    Sec 111 (pair of tickets)
    2017 pricing - $950
    2018 pricing - $1122

2017 playoff pricing - $270

$561 per ticket is a lot more than the $430 listed above.. Was really hoping to stay under a grand for the pair
    At least I got a free jersey with the 2017 tickets
    Thanks Lamps that helps to clarify it. Did you only get your tickets last year in that case? I guess we'll mark this as the "new" SSH price. You have my sympathy as that's not pocket change.

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Anyone else have different pricing for the upper west side light greys (219/220/226/227)?
    Yeah I believe they started stratifying the prices for the first time last year. Where before all light grey were treated equally, the uppers are now slightly cheaper. I think this came up after the price points for playoff tickets were leaked last year. And by leaked I mean us trying random URL combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    My seats are also in 111 and are $430 as well.

However, I dont know what pricing scheme I am under since the seats were transferred to my name this year(technically I was the one going to games before, but under different family member name), so I am not sure if that reset the "legacy" status or not.

This is to the above question about if pricing was changed. However the original owner got seats in 2008 or 2009 I dont remember when we got seasons first year. We had the Half and Half pack withthe Marlies the first couple years
    I'm going to assume yes to whatever legacy means since we are paying the same amount. My friend had 3 tickets since day 1 in 111. After he moved to the US for work in 2010, we kept up the charade but I had control over them. I finally convinced the rep to transfer them into my name officially for the 2012 season. But since the team was a dumpster fire, I dropped the other two seats and just kept my one. This transfer came with a new account number, so officially I've only had my seat since 2012 as far the the club in concerned. So legacy, but not really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could get Season tickets or $250. you guys are lucky to see such great football for cheap..

I went to a Redwings/Leafs game last year and paid almost $500 for 4 seats!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg_Sims View Post
    I wish I could get Season tickets or $250. you guys are lucky to see such great football for cheap..

I went to a Redwings/Leafs game last year and paid almost $500 for 4 seats!!
    must have been in Detroit....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found the notice. Day one season ticket holder in light gray, the increase is about 3.15 dollars per seat per game. No objection. Playoff tix getting pricey though about $65 from where we sit and trust me, the referee never listens from there.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Just found the notice. Day one season ticket holder in light gray, the increase is about 3.15 dollars per seat per game. No objection. Playoff tix getting pricey though about $65 from where we sit and trust me, the referee never listens from there.

Reading your post makes me wonder why TFC doesn't say something like that when they send out the notices. When fans look in the account manager, all they see is that the cost from the previous year is a lot more and it freaks them out. Maybe the team should say, "Here's your billing information for next year's season tickets. We are only increasing the cost by $3.15 per seat from last year because we love you. Thanks for your support."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lamps that helps to clarify it. Did you only get your tickets last year in that case? I guess we'll mark this as the "new" SSH price. You have my sympathy as that's not pocket change.
    Yeah, I had to drop my seasons for 2016 season so 2017 was a fresh start unfortunately..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what its worth. Not all of my "6" legacy tickets are that old. I believe one of two of them is only 2-3 years old. Perhaps they just got my grandfathered legacy. I began my seasons in 2010ish.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me so glad I joined in year zero. The difference is huge!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Makes me so glad I joined in year zero. The difference is huge!
    There are some who have their price in the middle of those two numbers, my south end pair is $338. First season with season tickets in my name was 2011.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    There are some who have their price in the middle of those two numbers, my south end pair is $338. First season with season tickets in my name was 2011.
    I assume you mean $338 per ticket?
    Otherwise you have the best deal in the stadium.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That's still quite reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna pay $270 now for a seat to watch 19 games. A roster worth 21 Million.

My Hamilton TiCats SSH are $350 a seat to watch 9 games. A roster worth 4.5 Million and currently a much better league TV deal if I'm not mistaken.

Go figure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I assume you mean $338 per ticket?
    Otherwise you have the best deal in the stadium.
    Yes I mean that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if ...tfc2 are playing at lamport which holds jus under 10 k and more then 10k want to go to the game since we have aprox 22k in season ticket,first come first serve??

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    what if ...tfc2 are playing at lamport which holds jus under 10 k and more then 10k want to go to the game since we have aprox 22k in season ticket,first come first serve??
    lol. Won't happen.